Best Restaurant of your life

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I love restaurants. I think about them all the time, I don't care what nobody say, but an amazing meal always puts a person in an amazing mood because we really are just animals and nothing much more then that.

The most amazing restaurant I have been to is called Alain Senderens, by one of the founding fathers of “Nouvelle Cuisine”.

This is a 2 michelin star restaurant in Paris. As many of the thread visitors will know restaurants are able to be awarded starts just like a hotel, out of a max of 3 stars. However to earn just one star is something extremely special so don't under estimate a 1 star rating.

http://lucascarton.com/uk/navigation.htm

that was the official website of place.

let me show you a few of the dishes I had.

1. Amuse De Bouche. The amuse de bouche was some sort of vegetable emulsion soup. I was too carried away to take a photo though and completely forgot.

2. Chanterelles mushrooms served with squids and cockles flavoured with spice oil.
    Approporiate wine: "Lune Blanche" 2005 - V.D.P. de Cassan, lie Conte des Floris

3. Roasted milk-fed lamb from Spain served with eggplants prepared in two ways.
    Approporiate wine: Bandol-Domaine de Terrebrune 2003

it says it is prepared in two ways, but as you can see there are 3 ways. The regular rack of lamb, a cylinder wrapped in fat or perphaps skin, and one piece that is made like a chinese springroll. This was the best dish thing I ever ate. Second best thing was the appetiser.

4. A desert amuse de bouche. It was some sort of frosty coctail. amazing. never thought a tiny little shot glass could be packed with so much pleasure.

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=181&i=img5754pw6.jpg][IMG]

5. Poached peach flavoured with verbana and peach sorbet
    Approporiate wine: Muscat de Beaume de Venise 2006-Domaine Fernoullet (THIS is the wine i enjoyed the most in my short life. It isnt a fancy million $ kind, but it was perfect for the poached peach, and i could litterally smell the grapes it was made of. reccomend)

Now what about you guys? Name your fav dishes, restaurants, links, photos would be great as well.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavel Sokov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post
    Now what about you guys? Name your fav dishes, restaurants, links, photos would be great as well.
    Although my recognition of those dishes were obsolete,
    from your ravings I would try all of it! How much did it cost you for a meal!?

I would have to say that the best restaurant I ever
    set foot in was The Oceanaire in Washington D.C.

It had the best cheese cake I have EVER tasted.
    Although I'm not too fond of seafood, this food was
    quite brilliant and better than any Long John Silver meal
    I have ever tasted.

If you are ever in D.C., save your monies and check it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In b4 McDonald's

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGamer View Post
    Although my recognition of those dishes were obsolete,
    from your ravings I would try all of it! How much did it cost you for a meal!?

I would have to say that the best restaurant I ever
    set foot in was The Oceanaire in Washington D.C.

It had the best cheese cake I have EVER tasted.
    Although I'm not too fond of seafood, this food was
    quite brilliant and better than any Long John Silver meal
    I have ever tasted.

If you are ever in D.C., save your monies and check it out!
    It cost me nothing, im just a teenager with a bit of gold and a pager. and an amazing dad. dont worry though, my time will come when I will be paying for my kids and family.

Well my dad dropped 469,00 Euroes for our 4 person family, keep in mind we all got the approporiate wines with all our dishes, and my sister picked up another round of the Muscat wine because that shit was godly. We actualy picked up a bottle of that wine in the duty free during our trip after. Talking about it makes me feel like driving to the SAQ (canada's govt alcohol store) and getting a bottle. Even though SAQ charges OBSCENE prices for European wines. Especialy French ones. Just my luck eh?

Btw you might ask how I remember the price so well. They actualy print you out the checks on amazing textured paper. Ever seen the movie American Psycho? remember the scene where they are showing off each others business cards on different textured papers? think that, and thats what the check looks like, but much much larger.

I want to post a few more photos.
    Senderens from outside:

Some of the dishes the rest of my family got:

Fillet of red mullet and assorted vegetables in Tempura.
    Wine: Macon Verze 2006 - Domaine Leflaive

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=175&i=img5744gg6.jpg][IMG]

Roasted wild duck served with beetroot cooked in a salt crust.
    Wine: Energie V, V.D.T du Domaine Viret

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=384&i=img5751fu8.jpg][IMG]

Butter biscuit with rasberries and its cream with crispy pistachios served in timbale.
    Wine: Ze Bulle- Zero pointe by Mrs. and Mr. Gourdon.

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=175&i=img5760cv5.jpg][IMG]

I have decided that whenever i go on a trip with my own money with my friends or whatever it may be, I will always take 200$ or so to eat in an amazing Michelin Starred restaurants with reservations made beforehand. It seems like it will always be worth it, and makes the whole day amazing. The day i went to Senderens with my family we went to the Pampidou museum of modern art, that was the most enjoyable museum experience i had to date. What a great day eh?

Whenever I end up in Washington if I ever will, I will make a reservation at that place you said, I can't miss a chance to have a memorable meal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavel Sokov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pavel: Wow that sounds amazing. So there are different
    wines to the different plates? That's brilliant! I'm not too
    much of a wine drinker though, so I don't know how much
    my stomach would enjoy it.

At the Oceaniare, our price was about 150$ with a $30 tip.
    I would do it more often, but where I live (Wyoming) we have
    no fine restaurants as you have shown. Though, when I do
    go to one, I will take many photos!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pavel Sokov : « Amuse de bouche »? Really? Anyway, there was a HUGE firestorm concerning the michelin star system. I believe one chef commited suicide over loosing his 3rd star one year. Apparently it can make or break a restaurant since the vast majority of restaurant patrons religiously follow the guide. I’m happy to see you made a point to talk about the validity of a 1 star rating

One of my most memorable and perhaps unexpected dining experience was… in the US (shock horror). Although I don’t have any pictures of it, I can tell you it was a cozy little restaurant (I think was a bakery during the day!) in Richmond, VT. Perhaps it was the settings (sundown on a terrace) or how tired we were (7 hours trek in the mountain)… Anyways, we had lobster ravioli and I remember nearly falling out of my chair and rediscovering the true taste of tomato, not that watered-up, flour textured things that pass off as tomatoes in markets today. Anyhow, the entrée pas great, the dish itself made us want to burst into the cuisine and kiss the chef. I don’t remember what was on desert but it was just as amazing. I don’t know why, but the chef did come out to the table at the end of our meal (we didn’t as?) and praised, thanked him for the great meal. After a little discussion on where did he find such amazing products in our broken English, we went back to the B&B and basically that was the ‘apotheosis’ of an amazing day.
    And no, I don’t expect to find a decently price meal that would be worth calling food in the US.

Here in Montreal, there’s a restaurant called “Le petit Plateau”. It’s a gastronomic cuisine microscopic restaurant.
    We also have “Le Pied de Cochon” for the iron clad stomachs also people who like foie-gras (the cromesquis is a life experience). I was EXTREMELY sceptical when a friend of mine talked about a foie-gras poutine. I was shocked at this culinary blasphemy and would’ve called anybody else but her completely batshit crazy for suggesting such a thing. Anyhow, the restaurant itself is amazing; the menu is also well stocked of every kind of amazing meals (and wines). To end the story there, I tried the poutine and loved it. I feel shame in admitting so, but… vv
    Oh and when you go watch a movie at the paramo- sorry I mean the bank scotia cinema, go eat first at L’entrecôte St-Jean. It’s not “La Tour d’argent” but is fairly priced, fair food with good steak and has echoes of a Parisian bristro.
    In Laval (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) north island to Montreal, there’s “Steak Frites St-Paul”. I like my steaks blue or sometimes saignant (Pittsburgh) if I’m not sure of the quality of the meat. Let’s just say I can’t eat a steak (dunno the name of the cut in English) anywhere else now… WOW! Every piece melted on the tongue even though it was blue. The tartelette in desert was also a high moment in my sweet tooth history

The best fish I had was Seawolf (In Dutch?) someplace at a maritime city in Holland. It was a white fleshed, thick slab of finesse that I’ll always remember. If the city/place ever gets back to me next time I’m in Europe, I would definitely try to get back there.

Next time I go to the restaurant, I’ll bring the camera, promis!

Edit: on a side note, I don't like going to high end fine dining restaurants. Most times, they're too "prout prout" and overcharge for something equal you would get from an ingenious chef in a standard restaurant.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGamer View Post
    PavelI'm not too
    much of a wine drinker though, so I don't know how much
    my stomach would enjoy it.
    I'm not much of a wine drinker either, but I can tell you good wines will seriously convert you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Arroyo Chop House is pretty good. You'll probably spend about $60-$70 per diner, not counting booze, but totally worth it. Recommended salad: barbecue shrimp salad. Recommended sides: the corn and the mushrooms are both great.
    As for the entrees, all are recommended. The steaks will just melt right in your mouth for all practical purposes. I always think of this place when I see that part of The Matrix where Cypher is meeting with Agent Smith and that part of Scarface in the restaurant where Tony gets all drunk and makes a scene.
    http://www.arroyochophouse.com/index2.php

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you like ribs, you have got to try Sticky Fingers Restaurant, truly the best ribs eva! nice place too, jazz and cool atmosphere at all times.

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anything remotely "high class" looking food, sounds disgusting, looks disgusting, and would never get in my mouth

I'll take sweet and sour chicken from my local Chinese place any day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Justice Von Brandt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by egerie View Post
    Pavel Sokov : « Amuse de bouche »? Really? Anyway, there was a HUGE firestorm concerning the michelin star system. I believe one chef commited suicide over loosing his 3rd star one year. Apparently it can make or break a restaurant since the vast majority of restaurant patrons religiously follow the guide. I’m happy to see you made a point to talk about the validity of a 1 star rating :

Here in Montreal, there’s a restaurant called “Le petit Plateau”.

Edit: on a side note, I don't like going to high end fine dining restaurants. Most times, they're too "prout prout" and overcharge for something equal you would get from an ingenious chef in a standard restaurant.

The stars are extremely important, because only a chef that truly cares can ever earn one. Therefore how could he not be hurt if a star gets taken away? Marco Pierre White, the youngest person to ever recieve a michelin star, was in a car with another important chef who at the time was holding a 2 starred restaurant. Tommorow the michelin food critic was supposed to visit his restaurant at a secret time obviously. Marco asked this chef as they were driving over a bridge in London. "What are you going to do if you dont get your third star tommorow?"
    Jump into the water and drown was the answer. Luckily the chef didn't have to do that, he got his star. But it was obvious he would of done it.

You are from Montreal ? thats great news. Montreal has no michelin stars at all, allthough the best restaurant in montreal "beaver's club" in the queen Elizabeth Hotel is worth at least a star. however the Michelin guide isnt going to bother to come here for one restaurant. The Beaver's Club is the best thing you can get in montreal, and it really is great. The service is very attentive, held by very pleasent waiters. The dishes aren't as insane and innovative as Senderens, what can you do. They dont taste even half as good either, but thats life. I love the Beaver lub, honestly. But I would rather pay 150 euros and have an obnoxiously good meal, then 100 canadian $ and a really really good meal.

At the beaver club i suggest the rack of Piglet. Rack of lamb is my fav dish untill i die, so it was nice to mix it up with a rack of piglet which i never saw anywhere else. Surprisingly the rack of piglet was as great as the rack of lamb, and was overall a great idea. One thing about the beaver club though is that you will end up being stuffed when ur done. One of the fullest stomachs i ever had was at the beaver club. You will exit Senderens with a perfect feeling stomach however.

Other good restaurants, much cheaper then Senderens are restaurants by our local Restarateur who owns these famouse places: 40 west, Ceu de Cheval, and Trinity.

40 west is a steakhouse in the West Island for more or less young spoiled kids with money. Tastes great, gorgeus steaks, but a bit of a load atmosphere for the more young and business oriented. The food isnt innovative, but then again it isnt trying to be.

Ceu de Cheval is Downtown,i prefer this one to 40 west. It is a cigar bar and steak house, with very well aged steaks. I love this place I won't lie. I reccomend. however the service during dinner might be a bit too intense for you, with the white gloves and all. Nevertheless, great steaks.

Trinity is my fav of the 3, it is a Greek restaurant by the same guy, and it has the same quality as the other two, but I like it most because its different in it's cuisine. Great squid, great grilled Lamb Chops. The Service is much more relaxed, the whole atmosphere is very liberal. The Kitchen is actualy an open kitchen, and the fish is displayed on the ice, like in a real market.

I was told to visit Pied De Cochaun and i definately will. L'academie is also a great place, cheap and good.

In Hudson we got Mon Village, where one of my really good friends works there. Very homely atmoshpere, like a cottage, its great. Great cheese bread, very hearty. Love the snails with 4 cheeses over there, very hearty as well. Great steaks, and great pasta. Love that place and my friend that cooks there. When i go he hooks us up with obnoxiously large portions of things, i couldnt even finish everything saturday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JL.Alfaro View Post
    If you like ribs, you have got to try Sticky Fingers Restaurant, truly the best ribs eva! nice place too, jazz and cool atmosphere at all times.
    Who doesn't like ribs?

Where is this place?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nijo (AMAZING Sushi) and the Dahlia lounge (try the crabcakes and the donuts) in Seattle, WA
    Uchi (the hot river rock scallops and wagyu beef and the sashimi are to die for) and The Clay Pit (best Indian around) in Austin, TX

Groove takes me to the best places

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Don't forget the tempura brie at Uchi Jessiboo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    of those Uchi stands out since it is basically a house ud normally live in, a bit weird. Id love to visit these, I dont like Japanese food, but oh well. These are not in my country, but if i ever end up in Austin and Seattle I will for sure go to these.

Does Texas have good ribs? for some odd reason im convinced that the best bbq ribs must be in Texas. dont know what gave me the idea.

For INDIAN cuisine in Montreal go to Karma http://www.restaurantkarma.com/en/index.htm

amazing interior (click on the site) for Montreal standarts, and great indian food. For desert grab the first item on the desert menu, Its supposed to be sugar balls or milk balls or something. Either way its the sweetest thing on earth. i ate a few of those, got home, and my mom thought i took X. Sure enough, my pupils were ginormous. There is honestly no other good alternative to this place in terms of Indiain cuisine in Montreal, sorry to say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brenda's Bigger Burger in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I can still taste it, the sweetest, greasiest, most unashamed burger; I can still feel how beat-down and tired I was from backpacking, the gravel still grinds beneath my feet as I wait in the sun, smelling the cooking meat...

I haven't eaten at many fancy restaurants because I find them generally stuffy and unfun. My idea of an ideal dining experience is in the sun, fighting off a fly or two, licking my fingers, and wiping my hands in the grass. Candles and bone china can stuff it.

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.
    -T. S. Eliot

ArenaNet Artists' Sketch Blog

21. The Following User Says Thank You to M.C.Barrett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A mobile pizzeria on a campsite in the Ardèche Canyon, near Point St. Esprit, Southern France. It wasn't the Hilton restaurant, but it sure was a tasty pizza after a day of canoeing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who doesn't like ribs?

Where is this place?
    Theres a location section on their site. But I have only been to the one in Chattanooga, Tennessee..right by the airport...so if you are flying by, its a great place to get your pre-flight lunch/dinner.
    I highly recommend this place.

-Joe

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread makes me so hungry! :/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I love restaurants. I think about them all the time, I don't care what nobody say, but an amazing meal always puts a person in an amazing mood because we really are just animals and nothing much more then that.
    Agreed.
    Good food makes me happier than anything else.
    I actually get excited when sitting down to a good meal.

The best meals I have ever had were in Bali and Brasil.
    So much of good food I have come to realize is not about preparation, but about ingredients.
    The food in both of these countries is SO fresh it's unbelievable.

For instance, if you go to fruit markets in Brasil to buy a pineapple, there isn't just one type to choose from like in the States.
    Instead, there will be half a dozen different varieties, all with samples for you to try, and ALL way better than any friggin' pineapple you've ever tasted in your life.

Whereas we pick fruit too early in order to ship it abroad before spoiling,
    they get to pick it at peak hours of peak days.

These fresh flavors make such a difference to the food.
    Even the simplest of meals become extraordinary because of the distinct flavors.

Places like France can't be beat for meats and cheeses.
    Tropical locales like Bali are heaven for fish, fruits and veggies.
    I feel like a lion when I eat in places like that.
    I just stuff my face, and then lay in the sun with my big belly in the air.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DSillustration For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where does it all go, Dan?

Hyper-metabolism.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I feel really lucky to live in a city with such great restaurants everywhere. I love different restaurants for different reasons, but one of my more memorable meals was at Sushi Yasuda...

http://www.sushiyasuda.com

a temple of traditional style sushi... freshest most delicious sushi I have ever eaten anywhere (U.S. or Japan!). Right across the street from there is a great izakaya hidden in the basement of an office building...

http://www.sakagura.com/

and I'm also lucky enough to live in a neighborhood that is essentially the Indian mecca for the whole eastern seaboard... I have the best Indian food I've ever had 1 block away from me (it's down and dirty dining style... few frills... but damn good food).

New York is crazy, you could eat at a new restaurant every night of the week for a year and have great/interesting/exotic food you'll never forget.

Food is great.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Chingwa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiBean View Post
    Uchi (the hot river rock scallops and wagyu beef and the sashimi are to die for)
    YES! Uchi is phenomenal! pld: We usually end up there on a crowded Friday or Saturday night with a long wait list, but waiting is just a good excuse for some awesome sake and good conversation. AAAaaaahh

I don't eat raw fish/octopus/oysters/etc cause the texture of it makes me physically gag or chuck, so I can't comment on the sushi menu... I have only delved into the non-seafood part of the menu. My favorite Uchi dishes are:
    Brie Tempura Ringo- lightly fried brie with apple chutney and sweet potato chips
    Bacon Steakie- twice cooked kurobuta pork belly with green apple (I never thought I'd like 'pork belly' but this just melts in your mouth and leaves you drooling...)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov
    of those Uchi stands out since it is basically a house ud normally live in, a bit weird. Id love to visit these, I dont like Japanese food, but oh well. These are not in my country, but if i ever end up in Austin and Seattle I will for sure go to these.

Does Texas have good ribs? for some odd reason im convinced that the best bbq ribs must be in Texas. dont know what gave me the idea.
    To pigeon hole Uchi into just "Japanese food," is a grave mistake It's got plenty of "fusion" dishes that just boggle the mind, like "how did they ever think to put this western thing with that eastern thing and have it taste soooo good!?"

As for amazing ribs in Austin Texas, Hoovers is the place! 100% Comfort food on the menu, you'll clog an artery, but dying never tasted so good.
    The Jamaican Jerk Ribs are awesome, the pictures on the website do not convey how unbelievably tasty everything is... the Chicken Fried Steak is my favorite! My favorite sides are the Cowboy Beans, Candied Yams, & Fried Okra.

Also in Austin is the famous Texas Chili Parlor, best chili ever... I always get the Chili Dog. Quentin Tarantino’s 'Death Proof' was filmed in the Texas Chili Parlor, though in the movie they changed the outside.

And probably one of the best restaurants in my life was an Indian Restaurant in Shanghai China, called Tandoor. All the spices are imported directly from India... and the head Chef is from New Dehli. The prices are high for China (though if you're from San Francisco you'll think the prices are normal for a shi shi restaurant heh), but the food is just soooo good, me & Jason had to eat there at least once a week. The ambiance was also stellar, the perfect place to dress up on a date. I think our favorite dishes were Malai Kofta & Palak Paneer.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica Hook For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DSillustration View Post
    Agreed.
    Good food makes me happier than anything else.
    I actually get excited when sitting down to a good meal.

The best meals I have ever had were in Bali and Brasil.
    So much of good food I have come to realize is not about preparation, but about ingredients.
    The food in both of these countries is SO fresh it's unbelievable.

For instance, if you go to fruit markets in Brasil to buy a pineapple, there isn't just one type to choose from like in the States.
    Instead, there will be half a dozen different varieties, all with samples for you to try, and ALL way better than any friggin' pineapple you've ever tasted in your life.

Whereas we pick fruit too early in order to ship it abroad before spoiling,
    they get to pick it at peak hours of peak days.

These fresh flavors make such a difference to the food.
    Even the simplest of meals become extraordinary because of the distinct flavors.

Places like France can't be beat for meats and cheeses.
    Tropical locales like Bali are heaven for fish, fruits and veggies.
    I feel like a lion when I eat in places like that.
    I just stuff my face, and then lay in the sun with my big belly in the air.
    One thing i found during my 3 week trip to europe me and my family just took is that the whole Paris is the center of cooking of earth, and every restaurant must be amazing or it will go out of business thing was bullshit. In fact everything we ate other then Senderens was tourist bullshit. It all sucked.

I am utterly confused. The whole world raves about Paris being the best at food, and it has factual proof for it. Most michelin stars, most michelin starred chefs. They say it is extremely hard to get a michelin star without ever having been or studied in Paris.

But the food we encountered other then Senderens was garbage. One meal in particular was extremely infuriating. It was pig knuckles. A great hearty German dish. Reduced to a re -heated microwaved piece of dirty shit. What once was a mig knuckle became a disgrace. However the chef doesnt care. This place is for tourists to visit just once in their life. I was really angry.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavel Sokov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Hook View Post

As for amazing ribs in Austin Texas, Hoovers is the place! 100% Comfort food on the menu, you'll clog an artery, but dying never tasted so good.

Hahahaha. Yea thats what I think when I eat my fav appetiser, Beef Carpaccio. Basially raw meat. The way our ansestors did it during the stone age , is the why I boss during 2008. Raw meet is supposed to be dangerous, but hey, life is short, and im not about to live it with with fear that will stop me from doing the things i want.

Fusion cuisine is great, I always love to order ridiculous things to see what happens.

Hey, whats the most exotic/insane thing you guys ever ate?

For me it would be Bull Testicles, in a Russian restaurant called Tatiana in NYC, in the russian beach. whats it called? umm... Breighton Beach.

For all the New Yorkers, i dont know whether to suggest you going to this place or not. It tastes good, its great Russian cuisine, the way we Russians love it.

But... Russians are fucking insane, and I dont know if you guys can feel it the way we do. Its just too Russian up in that place.

If you are feeling brave my boy, visit Tatiana in NYC, but be carefull, you might simply not be Russian enough to understand how we do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    Anything remotely "high class" looking food, sounds disgusting, looks disgusting, and would never get in my mouth

I'll take sweet and sour chicken from my local Chinese place any day.
    Seconded. They all look too fancy and I'd rather save my money for something more worth while. Like over 9000 bloody as hell sirloin stakes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    human flesh on the banks of the ganges with my aghori relatives

jajaja

food is a means not an end. humans.

---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, whats the most exotic/insane thing you guys ever ate?
    I am a Southern redneck so I eat pretty much anything. Yeah, I do eat roadkill if it is fresh.

Fried grasshoppers
    Emu hot dog
    Gator nuggets
    Chicken Livers
    Turtle stew
    Catfish caviar
    Souse (it's a bologna made of pig brains and guts)

-Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmmm....fine dining is nice; but my fave food is and will always be comfort food. Be it hand made ramen in Japan, fried chicken, hushpuppies, or the lemon chicken my mom makes. Nothing beats homestyle cooking - no matter the country.

One time while in Japan, we stumbled upon this noodle place in Himeji. The guy made the noodles himself and we sipped tea as we watched him make our lunch. My god. Best damn $6.50 (in USD) we ever spent.

The fugu we had in Tokyo the next winter was amazing as was the ramen we got while in Tsukiji. The day before we were to leave my SO's uncle made us a dinner of oysters and of this beautiful chunk of tuna from Tsukiji that morning. OMG. Nothing beats fresh raw tuna over rice. Nothing.

All I know is that my SO and I dream of someday taking trip through Malaysia, Thailand, Laos (Anthony Bourdain just did a show there and MY GAWD, why haven't we gone there, yet?) - just basically eat our way through Asia and southeast Asia. Forget Paris, I prefer Asian food.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to smugbug For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The best food I ever had in my life--bar none: A greasy spoon on Market Street in Downtown Pittsburgh called Dave's Lunch. It was one of the last traditional family run joints in the city before all the "renewal" destroyed the city. Had the best 1/2-pound cheeseburgers and fries anywhere, and served incredible versions of down-home basics like meat loaf and hash browns, baked on the spot apple and pecan pies, and some of the best and most creative salads goin'.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.