I love restaurants. I think about them all the time, I don't care what nobody say, but an amazing meal always puts a person in an amazing mood because we really are just animals and nothing much more then that.
The most amazing restaurant I have been to is called Alain Senderens, by one of the founding fathers of “Nouvelle Cuisine”.
This is a 2 michelin star restaurant in Paris. As many of the thread visitors will know restaurants are able to be awarded starts just like a hotel, out of a max of 3 stars. However to earn just one star is something extremely special so don't under estimate a 1 star rating.
that was the official website of place.
let me show you a few of the dishes I had.
1. Amuse De Bouche. The amuse de bouche was some sort of vegetable emulsion soup. I was too carried away to take a photo though and completely forgot.
2. Chanterelles mushrooms served with squids and cockles flavoured with spice oil.
Approporiate wine: "Lune Blanche" 2005 - V.D.P. de Cassan, lie Conte des Floris
3. Roasted milk-fed lamb from Spain served with eggplants prepared in two ways.
Approporiate wine: Bandol-Domaine de Terrebrune 2003
it says it is prepared in two ways, but as you can see there are 3 ways. The regular rack of lamb, a cylinder wrapped in fat or perphaps skin, and one piece that is made like a chinese springroll. This was the best dish thing I ever ate. Second best thing was the appetiser.
4. A desert amuse de bouche. It was some sort of frosty coctail. amazing. never thought a tiny little shot glass could be packed with so much pleasure.
5. Poached peach flavoured with verbana and peach sorbet
Approporiate wine: Muscat de Beaume de Venise 2006-Domaine Fernoullet (THIS is the wine i enjoyed the most in my short life. It isnt a fancy million $ kind, but it was perfect for the poached peach, and i could litterally smell the grapes it was made of. reccomend)
Now what about you guys? Name your fav dishes, restaurants, links, photos would be great as well.