Drinking break - B-day gift for my friend.
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Drinking break - B-day gift for my friend.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Drinking break - B-day gift for my friend.

My friend has his birthday soon, and i decided to draw something as a present for him. He likes gasmasks, chernobyl and stuff a lot, so I wanted to make something related to those and got some pretty neat concept. Apart from my usual style, I wanted to make this traditionally. Before inking, is there something to improve, change or something to add perhaps? Its just a rough sketch so far, but give me all youve got, i want this to be perfect. thanks in advance
    And if someone who speaks russia would kindly tell me how to write "do not drink" in russia?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ~KJK~; July 10th, 2008 at 11:05 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres a quick review of what I see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for crits! Decided to do this entirely over again, starting from fixing composition and angle. This is a rough sketch made with computer, but the final piece will be traditional. Any improvement?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in your new comp, there is dead space on the right and you are goign to have to make a hell of a background or it will be weak

for a more dynamic comp you might try not showing all of the guy, haveing him comming in from the left but closer up so you can add some sick details.

and if you have the sign on the right i would suggest having it be a bit taller than him, also you could have the letters faded.

but take these with a grain of salt

its your picture >.>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsakoira View Post
    Thanks for crits! Decided to do this entirely over again, starting from fixing composition and angle. This is a rough sketch made with computer, but the final piece will be traditional. Any improvement?
    I like that barrel you added in the toxic waste, little details like that will make the composition a lot more interesting. It makes it more convincing for the viewer to believe, "Oh shit, he better not be drinking that!" As for critique, I would recommend creating several small thumbnails (at least 10, then choose the best one) first before starting a composition. Do this process whenever you're going to make a nice completed drawing. That way it will be easier and less frustrating on where you want to place things. Find reference for that pose too (either through life drawing or photo reference) to get more accurate with the figure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks again for crits Began to work on this on paper, with 0.1 mm inking pencil. The size of the paper is a3, but Ill crop it a bit in the end. How is the inkjob loonking so far?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like where you've taken it.

Keep going on the muck pools, garbage piles and atmostphere. More haze in the sky might be nice.
    Perhaps loose the bubbling where the tube meets the water (or rocks?), and instead work in a reflection with some wavelines.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.