Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Vegitarian/Vegan

I was just wondering, how many people here are vegitarian or vegan? :nana
    I'll be whatever I wanna do!

My Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I havent eaten meat for 4 years now. I miss bacon soooo much and if i ever hit a pig with the car, i´ll cook it and eat it, but i cant stand the meat industry, thats why i dont eat meat.

Thanks
    yeah a couple of friends of mine did a high school project on the meat industry. *shudder*

But sadly as vegetarian as ill ever get is eating the gurken in the burger.

Thanks
    i crashed and burned many times.... jerky and pepperoni , ya know.

Thanks
    I've been a vegetarian for about 6 or 7 months now. It seems hard to find other people who are the same.... When at dinner with friends I mention, "By the way, I'm a vegetarian..." everyone looks at me like I have leprosy or something. Does that only happen to me? :chicken:

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    I've been veggie for 10 years and I can honestly say I don't miss meat at all. The worst thing is sometimes when the subject comes up people want a debate about it for some reason, and after ten years, I really can't be arsed to have that same conversation all over again ;p

Thanks
    I've been a vegetarian since I was five, when I was sitting in a Macdonalds and asked my mum what burger was made out of. I've never eaten meat since then, and have never wanted to - in fact, if somebody put a steak on my plate I would literally gag.

Thanks
    3 years here, fun stuff. I have never felt better, mentally or physically.

plenty of fun stories, too many to tell though. It does seem like people want to argue about it, like me not eating it is rude or something. I try not to mention it ever, every time I eat with my brother though the same damn quote comes out. "I didn't work my way to the top of the food chain to eat grass!"

yeah you did a lot to be born as a human bro.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    3 years, i eat crab cakes the other day though :{

i'm not sure if i want to start eatting sea food or not because i'm running into some health problems.

I think i just need to be more serious about my diet and plan it better.

Thanks
    Originally posted by OLSEN
    I havent eaten meat for 4 years now. I miss bacon soooo much and if i ever hit a pig with the car, i´ll cook it and eat it, but i cant stand the meat industry, thats why i dont eat meat.
    Shizna! If that's what you look like (avatar) without eating meat for a four years, dang.

Goodbye meat, hello fruits.

Thanks
    wow you guys are hardcore. you know how many products have meat substances in them that you probably don't even realize? Do you read product labels or ask in restaurants if the food contains any meat based broths or powders etc?

Can someone answer something for me that I've never understood? Why do some vegans eat fish when fish is a living animal and its the same thing as eating a chicken? Its not like slaughtering a fish and hacking its head and fins off is any different that hacking a head off a chicken.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Neil
    Why do some vegans eat fish when fish is a living animal and its the same thing as eating a chicken?
    Cause some people are weird. Actually, I doubt there are any vegans who do eat fish, because vegans are hardcore vegetarians. Some people are vegetarians for reasons of health, or as someone here mentioned, they don't like the meat industry.

Thanks
    well, i'm actually not a vegetarian (i'm omnivorous) but due to an illness i caught, i should try to cut down eating direct milk products as much as possible.
    right now, i found some soy replacements but they taste quite "flat" compared to "true" milk products
    is there anyone who knows one or the other thing that makes a good replacement for things like yogurt etcetera?

davi: what is it that you get health problems from seafood? is it just that your body isn't used to work with meat (i heard from a friend of mine who had that problem)?

Thanks
    where do you guys get your proteins from?

and please don't say soy concentrate cause that stuff is just nasty!
    Wanted: 30 chinamen and a zeppelin for an elaborate practical joke... can you help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Wow. It looks like carnivores like me are the minority here. If I ever did become vegitarian though, it wouldn't be because I love animals, but because I hate plants.

Thanks
    I eat Boca from time to time... That has protein.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Originally posted by gekitsu
    well, i'm actually not a vegetarian (i'm omnivorous) but due to an illness i caught, i should try to cut down eating direct milk products as much as possible.
    right now, i found some soy replacements but they taste quite "flat" compared to "true" milk products
    is there anyone who knows one or the other thing that makes a good replacement for things like yogurt etcetera?
    Do you mean you're lactose intolerant or have a milk allergy? I've heard of lactose-free milk, but I don't know how that tastes or if that's compatible with milk allergy. The bacteria in yogurt neutralizes the lactose, so it should be okay to eat. I have milk allergy and I don't notice any reactions, but my reactions are fairly small. Same goes for cheese, I think.

Thanks
    Same here. I am lactose intolerant though and it was worse as a kid when I had to take pills for it. I dont drink nearly as much milk but i have yogurt and been slipping with chocolate n stuff. Worst it does now is makes me gassy when I have too much but not the excruciating pains like i used to get.

As for there not being many carnivornes well im sure there are plenty they just dont wanna speak up because from what I've seen it often turns into a fist fight

I say to each his own as long as people don't preach to me about it.

Thanks
    you get b12 from fish..

and i've only eaten one serving of 'crab cakes' and i vomited them all out(no on purpose).

I guess my body wasn't into eatting seafood, so i guess i just need to organized my meals better. and take b12 pills.

Thanks
    exo: you're not alone drawing and steaks, without either of them i couldnt live

neil & mtw: i'm not lactose intolerant and i don't have an allergy. i have colitis ulcerosa (which means, the immune system of my colon can go nuts from time to time, attacking my own body, causing me the mother of all diarrhea)
    during the terapy of the first attack, it is possible that i develop aversions against certain food. eating such food will result in my body trying to get rid of it as fast as possible, but nothing really serious. its also a question of the amount of what i eat.
    in general, most UC people dont react very well on consuming milk directly or some close derivates of milk. yogurt and the like, cheese in large amounts...
    if milk is used in small doses for cooking something, that is not a problem.

its mostly the derivates that cause me some headache. although my appetite for yogurt almost magically diminished during the first attack, from time to time, i'd like one . also, for the kinds of desserts that require a bit more of milk, a replacement would be nice to have.

davi: argh, you replied while i wrote
    now thats really strange. you give your body b12 in "natural" form and that fucker wants it in pills...
    if you are eating vegetarian only usually, it is quite possible for your body to react not too well on eating meat. that friend of mine was on vegetarian diet for more than 10 years and then, he decided to eat his favorite pre-veggie meal one evening. so he went to get some salami pizza... i bet you can imagine the result.

Thanks
    yeah i threw up every thing in my stomach until the point where i had stomach pain from being so empty.

yeah the problem with the pills is they are expensive as hell, they are huge and i have to eat 6 a day(so the bottle says)

Thanks
    6 pills a day?? I think youre eating the wrong pills. The ones im using costs 60skr(thats something like 7 USD) for 100 pills, and i only have to take 1 per day. Its unlikely they sell exactly the same pills in the US, but there has to be something similar, perhaps you should have a look around for some better pills.

Thanks
    gekitsu, I have extreme allergies, due to auto-immune thyroid disease. I understand where you're coming from with your food replacement problem. If you search for your condition on the net, you might be able to hook up with a support group that will have a list of replacement foods. Also allergy networks usually have replacement food lists. Especially anaphylaxis support groups. Hope this helps.
    Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!

Thanks
    This is a little off topic.. But I know everyones body uses food differently and breaks food down for nutrients different. Is there some sort of blood test you can get to see what foods are best for you, and what ones are the worst? Or is there a book out there someone could recomend?

*wow CA.org is trully a community when you can talk about health*

anyhow PM me or post here

peace

-mike
    -Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    I have a friend who doesn`t eat meat...I have never ever seen him eat meat,....but he smokes? and goes hunting with friends!!!????!?!?!?! when I ask him why he doesn`t eat meat he says "personal reasons"?....I dont push....because I cant hunt or smoke.

I do eat meat,...(mainly because I have huge canine teeth and more hair on my back then the average bear), and I have eaten alot of seafood, but I would have to say the one time I tried a "crabcake" I tosed my cookies for 2 days straight!
    not good stuff....
    10110011cogwitch101101110

Thanks
    Me eats dead animals...yumme...:chicken:

Thanks
    fozzy's comment reminds me of stubburn jocks of highschool who thought it was actually funny to make of someone's beliefs, because they were too cliche to have beliefs of their own.

Thanks
    Haha. It made me think the same thing!

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    My favourite is:

"Vegetables, the stuff that food eats."

Thanks
    I was lacto-octo for 4 years, or 5 I don't remember. I still do soem vegan cooking from time to time. Never been a fan of tofu though, I just compensated with more vegetables.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.