Art: My 2008 Portfolio (of d00m)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My 2008 Portfolio (of d00m)

Hello! I just graduated from college with a bachelors degree in arts and I finally got my portfolio together, which I gave my absolute everything, so I figured I might gather the courage to finally post in the finally finished section I´d love to hear any C&C you might have, as to improve is what I live for. Well, that and good food ;P

If you´re an employer, and is interested in hiring me as a junior concept artist, or want to know more, please feel free to send me a PM or an E-mail to blue_papyrus@hotmail.com.

You can also see my portfolio at: helgesonart.blogspot.com

So, here goes

(Thanks Idiot Apathy with the help on this this one!)

Peace.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kaktuzlime; July 9th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.
    No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaktuzlime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like what I see. Your masked avenger is particularly expressive, which is no mean feat given that we can't see his face and as such have to rely on postural cues.

Your values and colour sense are strong, though your landscapes could be tightened up a bit.

Really nice stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like so much your color sense and mood of characterization I think they all show potential to get to be so much more...Keep posting your updates its great to see all your ideas together !

Axel's Gallery Art you?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work, I love your characters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great portfolio! I've just graduated as well so I can fairly say that your work shines in comparison to many others in your position. I can't imagine you'll have trouble finding work -- good luck!

Drawing is fun.

www.mattkohr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great pencil sketches - alot of expression/personality in them. Solid storyboards too.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dig the penciled character portraits best, they show the most thought out of this lot. I also think your figure studies are quite strong and fluid. But, I think you could lose a couple of the less rendered pieces from this set though; remember, studios judge you based on your worst piece in your book, not your best

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, gotta say i love the stuff. The masked avengers faceplate oddly reminds me of an ink pen nib.
    I was thinking of going to the Art Institute of Portland for college(still in highschool) Anybody know what would be good to major in for being a conceptual artist? I was thinking game and art design, and or animation. What do you recommend?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Absolutely love your work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Snarfevs- Thank you! I´m glad some personality shows through! I learned a lot from watching Marco Djurdjevic´s video about character design. Really, when there´s no face, the hands and other details tell the story. Actually, I often wait with the face till last, just so that I´m sure the personality reads without it. How do you mean tighten up the landscapes?
    Axelalonso- Thank you! I´ll try ^^ I´ve got a bunch more over in my sketchbookthread.
    Arteater- Thank you !
    Vantrum- Thank you! I hope so too. Checked your website out, you´ve got a lot of really groovy things going on yourself. I´ve got a few pieces of art you made in my favourites folder!
    Sevans- Thanks buddy! Expression and personality imo are probably the most important features. The go hand in hand with good visual design. There´s no storyboard though, just a couple of step by step pictures. Not the same thing ;P
    Steph Laberis- Thank you! Hmm, I totally agree that some of the pieces are lacking in rendering, I, however, was under the impression that a lot of companies have an interest in seeing art that´s produced fast and on a non-finished level. Am I mistaken?
    Kitsushika- Thank you! Glad to hear you want to work in the field of concept art, it´s super fun! Now, schools in sweden work a little bit different, as we have neighter majors nor minors. My program was very broad, and I´ve been able to learn alot about 3d. Actually, my whole 3 year education was mostly geared towards 3d. I must say that versatility has helped me alot so far, knowing how to think like a 3 modeller and animator, has helped me to know which attributes and traits to push further, taught me about technical limitations, made me aware of the importance of silhouettes and so forth. I think I´ve learned the most on my own though, and from this forum. Ca.org is a great resource. I was however thinking of going to real art college, and in which case I would have taken a major in illustration, and a minor in animation. I think animation is super helpful if you want to be a character designer. It also helps to know how to animate if you end up in a small company, when you can´t focus on concept art the whole time. My two cents! ^^
    Tea Drinker- I drink tea too! Thank you ^^

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 1