Sketchbook: MelodiousNocturne's Sketchbook Stuff

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MelodiousNocturne's Sketchbook Stuff

Hey, new here. I didn't see an introduction area, so that gets lumped in with the sketchbook post. I was referred here by Ajene. I was only going to join if I found something worthy to see the light of day in my sketchbooks. I (unfortunately?) did. It's all characters that I've drawn because my real passion lies in writing (although I'm probably better at drawing =_= ) and I like to draw my characters out. So all the ones I'm about to post are all from one story I'm working on.

Name:  characters 001.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  117.0 KB
    (His class is mercenary, in case you're wondering. But I haven't been able to think of a good name for him yet.)

Name:  characters.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  148.1 KB
    Name:  characters 003.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  180.4 KB
    (Drew him twice to try out slightly different stuff. In the second one, I have no idea where the rest of his staff is and I deliberately hid his hand xD I think I like the first one more, overall. And the skull on his front...that was suppose to be a shadow. Like, the eyes were sunken. Came out more like a raccoon mask though.)

Name:  characters 002.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  113.9 KB

Name:  characters 004.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  155.6 KB
    (Oi. So much wrong with her body, IMO. I need to get better at proportions.)

Name:  characters 005.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  100.3 KB
    (My anorexia pirate? I just thought she looked cool...sort of. Minus the extreme thinness. She's not really apart of any story. Just drew her on a whim after seeing Pirates of the Caribbean *innocent whistle*)

Eh, I guess that's all for now. I really would like some critique. Hands I would definitly like to get better at. And I would like to get away from those weird looking bangs (the ones that magically go up somehow.)
    But I'm mainly looking for critique because my art was pretty much taught to me by myself, a lot of anime shows, one friend, and a how to draw manga book. <_< It's like the makings of one of those scary fangirls who draw all their characters together and then they get a following of other fangirls who gush and squeal over it.....no, I don't have an over-active imagination <_<

Oh, I did have one art class, but it was all real stuff. I guess it still counts, as it's all art, just not the style I draw.

Name:  rodeodrawing.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  69.0 KB

That's the drawing I did in art class. It won second place at the rodeo show. It was fun to draw and color, just took a long time. I got teased for a bit afterwards, though. The school displayed it on the TV since it won and everyone was telling me that I draw horses' butts. =____= har har har they're so witty.

Also, anyone know how I can scale these down? .____. I didn't think they'd be so huge. Now you can see all the flaws x__x Just kidding...maybe. But seriously, how do you scale them down?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice drawings jen good to see you on the forums

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.