Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Charles G. Greenshields, Q.C., of Montreal founded The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation in 1955, in memory of his mother, whose name is embodied in the title. The objective of the Foundation is to promote, by its charitable activities, an appreciation of traditional expression in painting, drawing, sculpture and printmaking, by aiding worthy art students, artists or sculptors who need further training or other assistance during their formative years.
Awards are limited to candidates in the early stages of their careers and who are working in a representational style in painting, drawing, sculpture and printmaking. The terms of the Foundation's Charter preclude consideration of non-objective art. Applicants who are being considered for a grant may be asked to supply supporting documentation.
To be eligible for a grant, candidates must:
• have already started or completed training in an established school of art; and/or
• demonstrate, through past work and future plans, a commitment to making art a lifetime career.
• The Foundation will not accept applications from commercial artists, photographers, video artists, filmmakers, craft-makers or any artist whose work falls primarily into these categories.
• The Charter of the Foundation precludes the consideration of non-objective art.
• The Foundation is neither a school nor a gallery. It does not conduct classes or organize exhibitions.
• Grants are made directly to the beneficiaries – not through other organizations.
• Although grants are normally $12,500 (Canadian), the Foundation reserves the right to award grants in other amounts.
• The Foundation welcomes applications throughout the year.
• No Internet submissions accepted.
• Submitted CD will not be returned.
• Slides are no longer accepted.
To apply: You have to email (greenshields @ bellnet.ca) to get the application. I would just attach it, but it exceeds the size limit allowed.
Hello Mister I would like to apply