Just got myself a Cintiq 12wx, wondering if I should keep the Intuos3 9x12

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just got myself a Cintiq 12wx, wondering if I should keep the Intuos3 9x12

I find the Cintiq cool, the size of it however displease me a bit when I was so much used to 9x12. However it like if the Cintiq despite it smaller size is much more precise than the Intuos. I can't know for sure I haven't played much with it due to time restraint. And I am wondering if I should keep my Intuos 3. It served me for 3 years, and still serves me at work. Is there any reasons why I should keep it? I have a friend who's ready cash in hand to buy it from me.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know about you but I have trouble getting good detail with the 12wx... I still use my regular tablet as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that a Cintiq, no matter the size, is always better than a tablet. The increased hand/eye coordination that a Cintiq offers will spoil you for anything else. It's certainly done that to me, anyway.

That said, I think the choice to keep your tablet depends on your needs. Experiment with them for a couple of weeks and decide if one is more useful in different situations; you may find that you like the 12wx for when you're out and about and want to do some studies, but prefer the tablet for more refined work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I always thought the Intuos tablet was better because your hand doesn't get in the way of how you see the image as a whole. Hard to look at anything going on when your hand's part of the composition (one of the minus sides of traditional art as well, in my opinion).

Perhaps that's just sour grapes though 'cuz I don't have one, hehe.

Last edited by Zirngibism; July 8th, 2008 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While I'm here, Is any of you Cintiq 12wx user have found a better way to manage cables of that thing? I mean for portability purpose? Since it was designed for portability (especially Laptops), I find it difficult right now to hook and unhook all the components that comes with it. Looks like I have to use a lot of tiegraps and duck tapes to make it happens :bleh:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I bought a 12wx, and ended up getting a 21ux for the very reason nonie mentioned; I had a difficult time getting good detail with at 12wx. And since I'm an anal retentive 1-pixel brush render type fo person at times, that was a huge problem for me. However, that 2k price tag is a killer. If the 21ux isn't an option, I would definitely suggest keeping your Intuos. It can be helpful to have a second tablet in case anything happens, if you need one thats a bit more portable, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachia View Post
    I bought a 12wx, and ended up getting a 21ux for the very reason nonie mentioned; I had a difficult time getting good detail with at 12wx. And since I'm an anal retentive 1-pixel brush render type fo person at times, that was a huge problem for me. However, that 2k price tag is a killer. If the 21ux isn't an option, I would definitely suggest keeping your Intuos. It can be helpful to have a second tablet in case anything happens, if you need one thats a bit more portable, etc.
    so, you're saying you'd prefer an intuos over a 12wx cintiq?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AG. View Post
    so, you're saying you'd prefer an intuos over a 12wx cintiq?
    Oh, nono. Sorry, what I meant to convey was that if you get a 12, don't toss out your Intuos if you already have one. The Intuos is still going to be very useful for detailing. However, with a 21, I didn't run into that problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.