Sketchbook: Sketchbook of little worth... (May Contain Traces Of Nude) Updated 2011.08.02

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook of little worth... (May Contain Traces Of Nude) Updated 2011.08.02

Hello everyone!
    I have been on CA for a while, but this is my first post. I thought that if I create a sketchbook I would draw more, just to keep updates coming here.
    Also I just got my Wacom to work properly with CS3. I had problems with the pressure, which sometimes just disappeared, and required a full restart of the computer before it came back.

Thanks for taking a look, I hope to hear from you!

(May Contain Traces Of Nude)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by evissecx; August 2nd, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First post

Sketchbook of little worth... (May Contain Traces Of Nude) Updated 2011.08.02 Sketchbook of little worth... (May Contain Traces Of Nude) Updated 2011.08.02

Last edited by evissecx; July 8th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just finished this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies! You seem to have some issues with the shapes of heads in a couple of these, but overall they look good. Ha, the silhouette of the running man looks perfect for some kind of robot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    welcome to CA!
    keep up with the anatomy studies, you've improved much between the older faces and the last one (in the 3rd, the position of the ear was totally wrong, in the last one it's okay, only too small, but it's a far less problem )! in the 3rd has multiple anatomical flaws, well, it's not the simplest angle... the eyes should not look like the same from this angle.
    the tree scene is nice to look at, it's referenced, I presume, but it don't change the fact I like the quality of the lines and the shading. my copies and still lifes are far more messy and simple, though it means not much, I'm a complete beginner.
    I can't crit on the shading, because my knowledge is far too minimal on this field. and sorry for my bad English.
    the colored man is a good start, it needs something that is beyond my knowledge again, something with shading/needs more details (it's a detailed face with too simple and smooth render or how I should put it. especially the hair/skin line need some more work).
    maybe you've started doing tones too early, without a firm knowledge about anatomy. well, I make such things too (except I skipped tones, colors are more fun), but I try to do anatomy studies with my pencil, drawing the human body is tough enough in itself.
    I have a feeling you are a bit afraid using darker colors. I know this, I do the same, because I lack confidence in shading. but this way your faces are more flat and they're not so well defined.

maybe I was a bit too brave saying such things, seeing but a few of your works...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks drewfarr: Yeah, I draw most heads now. The face is so important in my opinion, that I really want to practise drawing heads.

Thanks shiNIN: I appreciate your respons. I think you are right about me not using the darker colors. I think it's me just beeing afraid to lose control over the image. I try to think about that in the future.
    I didn't use any reference for the tree scene. Not anymore than looking at some trees while sitting on a train while a made that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Buddy! Great to see you posting on the forums! It can help a great deal in keeping oneself motivated ;P Now go buy the drawing manual by glen vilppu! It´s been the single most important book to my artistic growth, and I´m sure you could benefit greatly from it.

See you around mate!

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Kaktuzlime!
    Yeah, I feel that I have a lot to learn, so hopefully this sketchbook will keep me practising. I saw your example of Vilppu's drawing manual, so I've already bought it. I thought i looked really good when I saw yours. And it is.

See you around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your use of value is intriguing, and very skillful. You have a good polished look. Really appealing to the eyes. I'd like to see your use of value in some more coloring. Anatomy can always be practiced more, try doing some regular standing poses first and then branch out into dynamic moving ones. Good work and Good luck!

callouses on the fingers. If you don’t have any, you’re not drawing enough.

I will be an Artist or nothing! ; The Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start!

I would suggest spending more time just drawing the head before getting into toning/shading/rendering it. You need to get a firm grasp of the drawing before bothering with the pretty part--there is something really beautiful about a great drawing so spend some time on it!

In general your ears are too small. If you look at a face head on ears tend to be from the bottom of the nose to the top of the eyes at least. I would also pay close attention to how the head/jaw area attaches to the neck.

Keep drawing! ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Talkingjello: Thanks man for those kind words.
    Yea I think I should draw more with just lines, and not work with shading on every image.
    I started to do some more simple today.

Blythe: Thanks and thanks for your respons.
    I better find a skull to take a look at the jaw.
    I believe I will think more about the ears now also.

What I did today:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some more head drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wo-man. Hey, your getting good with the highlights and lines, be careful of your proportions, the ears on your males are a bit high. Sad to hear your gonna shade less, it looks like you put a lot of time into your shading, so if I were you I'd probably wanna break too. I like your recent stuff, but it feels like something's missing. I can't put my finger on it, but if I do I'll come back and edit this post.

By the way, why no eyes?

callouses on the fingers. If you don’t have any, you’re not drawing enough.

I will be an Artist or nothing! ; The Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I'm reeeeaally bad at keeping my sketchbook updated. Though it seems that I get less and less time to draw.

Anyways, here's a little something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some more stuff that I've scanned.
    Sorry about all the images.
    I got a lot of empty spaces in my sketchbook,
    so i cropped images to avoid scanning an image with two faces and 80% empty space

Talkingjello: Thanks, I try to remember checking the ears. I got more people that noticed them
    Well, eyes are a bit hard. Sometimes I leave the sketches without eyes because it's just faster that way. Can be a bit tricky with eyes imo.
    It's all about practising.

Sketchbook of little worth... (May Contain Traces Of Nude) Updated 2011.08.02 Sketchbook of little worth... (May Contain Traces Of Nude) Updated 2011.08.02

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something I made tonight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

finally an update!

Haven't been drawing that much for a long time. This is something i've been working on recent days.

Sorry for crappy image quality :|

Members who have read this thread: 4