LineageII Orc Female

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

LineageII Orc Female

This is a piece I have been struggling with for a looong time, taking it out and dusting it off to work with it some more every now and then. Since it's meant as a gift for a friend though, I would like to finally get it finished. Please, anything you can think of to make this a real beauty would help! I want to make my friend whoop in delight!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O

legs feel a bit to long though
    and the leg from the front is a bit to thick
    compare "her" left hand with the whole leg, in comparison, see what i mean?
    (not such a big problem though)

I'd rework the stone if i where you
    look a bit to smooth
    and I'd suggest adding some texture either brush or combined with a overlay

the space up in the left corner feel a bit empty and since there is a light source reflecting on the stone I'd make the clouds up their brighter and yellow/red orange an let it reflect on her skin, I think it would support the cool (blue) light great!
    hmmm.... I'd erase the dust around her head, looks a bit off

you did an excellent wok on the face

whoo keep it up!!!

Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; July 6th, 2008 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would have to agree with hygami that something feels missing in the left hand corner. Perhaps if you complete the golden triangle with her pose and maybe something flying in the sky like a bird of prey or something. That is the only thing I can think of other than that you rendering is pretty freakin awesome and personally I like the extreme foreshortening that you have going on right now.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback, guys, much appreciated!

I was pondering about adding a dragon in the left upper corner, but it seemed like a bad idea - in the end, people would just go "Ohh, she is so toast!" or something, so a bird of prey is a better idea. Heres an update - worked more on the rocks, touched up lots of minor little things. My Bf is still not happy with her face, but I don't really know what more I could add to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In my opinion shes too "pretty" to be an orc. I get more of a black elf impression (I think its because her nose is pretty n pointy like an elfs), but thats just my taste. The bird addition is cool, although the bird itself looks flat to me (and if its far away, it doesn't have to be so "clear"). The rocks are ok, but they don't seem to be in perspective with the character which we are looking up at. Hope this helps...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by aryul82 View Post
    In my opinion shes too "pretty" to be an orc. I get more of a black elf impression (I think its because her nose is pretty n pointy like an elfs), but thats just my taste. The bird addition is cool, although the bird itself looks flat to me (and if its far away, it doesn't have to be so "clear"). The rocks are ok, but they don't seem to be in perspective with the character which we are looking up at. Hope this helps...
    Well she could be half-orc and who says that orcs can't be pretty if the majority of orcs are ugly but they find that attractive then those orcs that are pretty must be ugly to them. It is the whole eye of the beholder thing.

Dragonsnail I think this piece is really coming home now and you did an awesome job with the bird, thanks for taking the suggestion. I really don't see anything else that I can help out with except say that it looks great to me.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats why I said its just my taste. Anyway, there is always room for improvement!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The female orcs of LineageII are real beautys, and my friend loves her character, so I tried to make her close to her original look. They do also have a sort of african look, which is what I aimed for. If I had made a WoW orc female I would have aimed for a more ugly face! Anyhow, thanks for trying to help me out here, I really appreciate it! I'll see if I can't fix those rocks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dont change the face i hate ugly female orcs or dwarfs rofl..but the legs hm they look the huge the fat
    the hand a little too small
    i love the mood and the env even if its simple

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcSampson View Post
    dont change the face i hate ugly female orcs or dwarfs rofl..but the legs hm they look the huge the fat
    the hand a little too small
    i love the mood and the env even if its simple
    Hey! Give them uglys a chance! =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know you're aiming for an upwards perspective shot, but maybe her head should be a little bit bigger. In context with the size of her legs and even her shoulders and such, she looks a bit pinheaded.

Also... she's missing a navel. Dunno if that's intentional or not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Change the legs... Maybe try some tatoos on the face or body. Really love the motion of the wind. Sweeet piece!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, i saw the pic before i read the title and I said to myself, "oh, looks like lineage" so id say you did a good job at conveying lineage even though it isnt quite as korean/anime looking. I like the bird of prey, it fits the character much more then a dragon too.

Your piece is so far along itd be kind of a mess to look into some of my crits with the perspective. Like someone above said she seems a bit "pinheaded" and i think you can alleviate that a bit by making the head and hands a tiny bit bigger. Also the right arm holding the spear feels a bit weird, but I think if the hand was a tiny bit bigger itd help a little.

Anyway this post is way too long, great job and hope your friend likes it. PS are you on any servers for l2?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, and here I thought I wasn't going to get more feedback, when the thread dropped down after a few days... and when I check back in I have gotten a whole bunch more helpful comments! Thanks for the heads-up about the navel, I had totally forgotten it!

I've been hesitant to follow the advice about toning down the perspective, sicne I had a photo ref for this. However, I know photos can be very misleading, and what looks right is always better than what might actually be realistically right, so I have tried to fix the anatomical problems - making hands and head a wee bit bigger, slimming down her thighs etc - and now I need your eyes again. Since I have been working on this piece on and off for more than a year, I have become used to seeing it in a certain way, thus the new look seem a bit odd to me. So... does it look better to you? I wonder if I didn't make the head a little too big instead...

@xxEnder: Nope, would love to play a bit LII again, but alas, no time. If I ever start up again I'll let you know so we can maybe play on the same server, would be fun!

Last edited by DragonSnail; July 10th, 2008 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Way better actually

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The main problem for me is that she seems way to pretty to be orcish. Her features seem almost elven.

The ab muscles seem a bit off to me and the lower part seems way to large in comparison to her torso... even with foreshortening.

The rounded silhouette of the rock she is standing on bothers me some too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The orcish females in Lineage II are pretty, and do have defined ab and leg muscles. I think the painting is nearing completion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks a lot better in my eyes, especially the hand (it was really bothering me) but overall much improved with the minor tweaks, i believe it was worth reworking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a minor quibble: the hand resting on her thigh is blurrier than the armor behind it. Kind of throws off the depth in that area. Because the hand is (relatively) indistinct, I find myself glossing over it. Instead, I follow that shoulder down, my mind fills in the blanks behind the leg, and then interprets that bit of loincloth directly below the shoulder as the hand. This makes for an awkward pose at first glance.

In short, try sharpening up that hand a little so it pops, and maybe toning down the detail on the armor behind it, and see how it looks from there. You could also try moving that bit of loincloth in a little so it doesn't disrupt the silhouette as much.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it" -- Confucius

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Albert Einstein

Pixelestial's Gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is fantastic I think shes blending in with the background a bit too much. Heres a little paintover just with some gradients and levels masks. Hope you dont mind, I may have gone a tad overboard.

LineageII Orc Female

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I played L2 for a long time and you really capured the starter armor, and the image that is a L2 female orc. Only thing i could think of suggestion is you put a set of claws on the hand on her leg one it will help her hand stand out also, that's the orc primary weapons specialty are the claws.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like how GDonaldson brought out the clouds... It really seperates her from the background.

There's just something wrong with her right leg. The muscles don't look correct on her theigh or her calf. Sorry i can't be more specific.

Greatt PIC!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.