Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Reilly's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Heres one last update for today, another environment, 2 hours I think for this one. The last 2 I spent 20 - 30 minutes on btw.

I probably wont update over the weekend ill be at work most of saturday and sunday so not sure Ill have time to do any art, although Ill try fit 20 minutes of anatomy studies in Ill post them if I get the chance.

edit: Btw I tried a different method for this one, started off in grayscale, then added some colours using a overlay layer, then some more colours using a multiply layer, and lastly added another normal colour layer on top. I think it works quite well, all though I dont like how the mountain turned out compared to the rest of the image, Ill try to improve it in a new version when I get the chance. I have attached the black and white version as well.
    Last edited by Scriar; August 8th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi small update for today, this is a colour version of the last sketchbook drawing I posted. Ill refine it tomorrow hopefully, at the moment I have applied the 3 base layers of colours, the last layer Ill apply the final colour refinements and detail.

Thanks
    Hi, heres an update for today. This is a digital portrait, I used a reference of a person called Ronald, from wetcanvas. I spent almost 3 hours on this.

Also I have decided to just leave that colour image I started the other day as it is, I would rather move on to a different piece of art rather than mess around with one that was not meant intended to be colored digitally.

Thanks
    It's looking good Scriar! It's great that you have some variation in your drawings.
    I'm watching you!
    Hey, Come visit:

And also:

SuiraDefiledVision Snobby

Thanks
    Dannelf: Thanks

Heres one last update for today, spent just over an hour on this sketch. Its from the marie claire magazine again. I made the mistake of not measuring out the size of the model first, so I did not have enough room for the rest of the legs, decided to cut it off at the knee, and add that square as an attemp of drawing focus to the top part of the picture.

edit: damn I hate it when I scan in a picture then notice the mistakes afterwards >< nose is wonky, (our) left hand is out of proportion, and the other hand should be slightley longer since the hands extended. Think the creases on the right leg should be diagonal as well, probably should of put some darker shading on her inner thigh/leg. Ahh well its only a sketch, can keep these things in mind when I do the next drawing, would never learn if I didnt make mistakes ;p
    Last edited by Scriar; August 11th, 2008 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    Hi, heres an update for today, spent around 2 and a half hours on an environment speed paint. I worked at size 4000 x 4000 for a change and shrunk down to 800 x 800 to post here.

Thanks
    Last update for today, this is a WiP of another environment speedpaint, trying a different techinique this time where I block in the lights and shapes first, instead of the method I used in the last ones where I create a texture brush enlarge it then see what shapes I can pull from it.

Prefer the method I am using for this one at the moment. Will finish it tomorrow hopefully. Its about 1/4 the way done at the moment spent an hour and a half on it.

Thanks
    Decided to carry on with that environment, heres the result of 2 hours extra work.

Thanks
    Hi, heres an update for today, some environment thumbnails and a digital study/figure drawing practice using a reference picture from Mjranum stock. edit: posted a tonal version of the study as well.

Thanks
    There's been some improvement. Good work. Focus more on the traditional stuff first (or more) rather than digital.

Thanks
    BubbaGump: thanks, at the moment I focus more on sketching, have not been posting them though since I was doing a lot of annotations, doesnt make for fantastic veiwing ;p

Heres an update for today its a bigger update than usual since I stuck my head down and just drawed for 3 hours.

Drawings of my hand (not particualy good ones), then some drawings of various female noses from that marie claire magazine I have been using, some mouth studies again female from the same mag, 2 still life drawings which I then drawed again but with a fantasy object added to it, and lastly a self portrait.

Thanks
    Hi, here is one last update for today, this is a WiP of an environment I am working on. I am trying to apply everything I have learnt so far to it hence why I have given this one a proper name rather than the ambiquous environment number 9 ;p

p.s That last self portrait I done after looking at it a bit more the head is a bit too wide I think, and the values are not correct which makes it look a bit flat in certain places like the (our) left part of the forehead. Need to improve on that.

Thanks
    Hi, heres an update for today. some hand studies I spent 30 minutes on this morning. For some reason my scanner decided to scan them in as 2 seperate drawings.

And a progress update on that environment I posted yesterday, so far I have spent around 5 hours on it. Which is the longest I have ever spent on a piece of art, I am learning a lot from doing this.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast