Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Last update for today, some Bridgemen arm studies.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi, here is an update for today, spent around an hour on this. I used a reference of a lady in a goth type dress from artmorgue.com

Last edited by Scriar; July 24th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Hi, an update for today, another women sketch reference from artmorgue.com

something was bugging me about this picture, and I just realised its the head being out of proportion ie its to wide, think the eyes should be closer together as well, probably too late to fix it now so Ill have to bare in mind for my next drawing. edit: come to think of it the mouth is wonky lol

Thanks
    Hi there! things seems to getting along well!
    Like you've noticed yourself prorpotions are abit of a problem, but I suggest you just to draw random stuff from life from different angles. It will help you to understand form, size and so on.

Just keep going!

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

SuiraDefiledVision Snobby

Thanks
    Danelf: thanks for the advice, going to try do some life drawings today, might try another self portrait, and some mirror studies later today as well

Was just going to edit my post to add these, but I thought I would reply and say thanks instead

These are some silhouettes from this morning (they are kinda crap, but oh well Ill get better )

only just found out about how the actual technique for them works, think I might use them more often to get down ideas that pop into my head, I think once you get the hang of them it is probably a great way of brainstorming character ideas.

At the moment my knowledge of art limits what I can draw or what I feel confident about drawing, so the silhouettes should help till my knowledge catches up ;p

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    you're so humble showing your sb pages in this small size. it often works, but for the more detailed or busy pages a bigger size would be better

Thanks
    shinin: thanks ;p they are small since I compress the images to websize in windows picture viewer, just tried saving that last image in corel painter x as a jpeg seems to have compressed it, no idea what the size is like so Ill post here to see if its better.

p.s sorry for bumping my thread, I guess you can class this as a detail shot lol

edit: seems to have worked, although now you can see how bad they are with greater ease lol

edit 2: Ahhh my computers harddrive has just gone, that confirms my thoughts that it is not meant to make loud whirring noise upon starting up lol

I probably wont be posting now for awhile since my scanners only capatable with my computer. Posting on my sisters one atm >< ahh well when I can post ill have a large update probably ;p

Last edited by Scriar; July 25th, 2008 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks
    Hi, sorry about the lack of updates as mentioned in my last post my computer died on me ;p Managed to get it fixed but now I have no means of scanning as the scanner has finally gone (it was old and nackered anyway)

For now Ill be just updating with digital pieces. I brought a wacom bamboo yesterday, arrived today so I have just spent a couple of hours playing around with corel/photoshop/alchemy.

Heres some thumbnails done by first using alchemy to get random shapes then I transfered them to photoshop to try and make them into something recognisable.

Last edited by Scriar; August 1st, 2008 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks
    Hi a small update for today, been working all day so only had an hour and a half to spare.

This is a tonal practice for the most part. Used a reference from a marie claire front cover. Used most photoshop and done the blending in corel x.

edit: added a slightly better version

Last edited by Scriar; August 2nd, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks
    Scriar, your work has definitely improved and is getting better in regards to your later posts and the early ones, the face and facial features seem more in place and better shaped. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Dazz78: thank you

Been at work all day, so only had an hour to spare today, decided to do a digital environment for a change. Hopefully Ill have a scanner in a week or so, so I can post the sketches that I have been doing as well.

I done this in photoshop, I did some blending in corel painter x as well, since I haven't quite got the hang of how you do it in photoshop yet ;p

edit: added a slightly better version (imo) added some blending in photoshop to the mountain on the right with some more texture. edit: btw did not use a reference as originally I was just going to play around with the layer and custom brushes for texture settings, decide on the environment after one of my brushes started looking rockish ;p that was the one on the left btw which is why it is probably better defined than the one on the right, Ill try make a custom brush for that one to to get a better result next time.

Last edited by Scriar; August 3rd, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    about a face in #48: it's nice, but I dunno why you used lines for the iris+pupilla instead of shapes, that would be more natural and nicer.
    except this, the eyes is okay enough to make the whole face work, with the help of the really good and emphatic mouth - despite the really rushed nose

Thanks
    ShiNiN: Thanks for the advice, did not intentionally use lines, I think it was a combination of being half asleep and being new to the wacom pen ;p

Yeah the nose was a bit rushed. It was really long at first then I cut around it and gave her a nose job to put it back in proportion lol seem to have buggered it up in the process

Ill spend a much more time on it next time, probably have another go tomorrow have all day since I am not at work.

Here is a last update for today, it is a sketch done intirely in Alchemy, was hard but fun. ;D I used the scrawl tool with block lines for the whole thing.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.