Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Oke, had my evaluation yesterday. I was sooo stressed out, I couldn't eat.
    And we were the last ones, it started at 4.30 PM and they discussed us for 45 min.! (which is very long time for discussion).

I was sure that they would be mad at me, cause I forgot my 3D things.
    But then Rie eavesdropped at the door and heared that one teacher told the other ones that the teachers from last year (the year i'm doing over again) were so ugly to me. They never said any positive things, so they have to do it now, otherwise i'd loose my self-confidence.
    AND; that I am not a 3D-person and that they have to accept that, because I just don't have it.

That sounds cruel, but I'm SOOO HAPPY that they finally see that!
    Just how much I try it, I will never be so good as other students of my class. Which will always turn out in a low grade.

Little update; These things are the still-life compositions we had to make this period. Al the paper is because the teacher said it, but I actually like it in the last one (the first one left above).

Attachment 636403

I have art history test in a few hours, will drop some sketches (+ self made dummy ) later in here.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    this sketchbook is bad ass. i don't know of any other traditional-only books around here. keep up the great work!
    -: [ sketchbook | sour.org ] :-

Thanks
    Thats I can say it is amazing ...im astonished...i like your shades it looks like michelangelo's di merissi shades and a lot of light putted where it needs to be put i wish u the best regards and good luck!!!!

Thanks
    Aahw, thnx guys!

Yesterday it was 77 ļF (25 ļC) which is really warm for this time of the year in Holland .
    After our art history test (it went well I guess) we sat in the sun in our little patio garden. I couldn't do nothing, so started drawing my fellow students

Done with ink ballpoint, so they are sketches;

Attachment 637375

Attachment 637376

Attachment 637377

Attachment 637378

Wanted to post this before I forget it .
    Last edited by Marlisa; April 5th, 2009 at 04:05 AM.

Thanks
    Very beautiful life studies, and your experimentations with different media is a very good way to master the art of drawing. I really like those dance sketches of yourself, very whimsical. (By the way Witches Brew, does that have anything to do with Wicca? Or is it just dressing up for fun?)
    My sketchbook, if you really want to see it...

"Picasso is a painter, so am I;... Picasso is Spanish, so am I; Picasso is a communist, neither am I." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    kagemusha22: tnx
    Wytches brew is based on the play 'Macbeth' from Shakespeare. The members of Omnia are pagans, but this song is more fairytale like. The lyrics tell about the 'ingredients' for the spell those witches are doing.
    It's about fairytale witches, not real ones.
    Mostly they make real wiccan/pagan/etc. songs, like: http://www.worldofomnia.com/mp3/A!_alive.mp3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We have New Media at school, with subjects like Photography, movie editing, websites making etc.
    Last period I made a trailer for a movie of our school... but there isn't really a movie, only the trailer .

Wanted to post it in here, even now the title of my SB is 'only traditional art'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5nJM...e=channel_page

I kind of rushed through the editing, because we had evaluation thursday.
    I'm a bit proud of it, especially because I did most of the work (not all of it).

Thanks
    New update:

I made a dummy wednesday with NoŽ, she told me how to make it
    It was really fun to do! Maybe i'll do it again at home some time.

Attachment 639233
    Attachment 639234
    Attachment 639235

This is something I'm working on. Based on the song 'Were you at the rock?'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPznJraJebY
    First time I worked with pastel!!! I love it!
    I hate this photo, because the colours look very plane, but they aren't in real life.

Attachment 639237

Hands studies & posemaniacs;

Attachment 639240
    Attachment 639241
    Attachment 639243
    Attachment 639244

Life painting in 3 hours today. All done in 20 min (except the last one, that was 10 min.).

Attachment 639246
    Attachment 639247
    Attachment 639248
    Attachment 639251
    Attachment 639252
    Attachment 639257

Thanks
    Hands, Posemaniacs.. good good I know you've heard it before, but keep working on your line quality. For instance, the lines of her hand are really feathered; try to put down one line instead of lots of little ones.. Confidence will come.

Hope this helps Cheers!
    Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Thanks
    Tnx AmontilladoAg, I try to do so, but I think it also depends on what kind of medium I use . For example; my SP below. It's done with ink ballpoint.
    The posemaniacs are better i guess, they are done with colour 'marker' (what's english for stift?).
    The 'feathered' hand is because I tried to apply some shadows, but it didn't turn out as I wanted

----------------------------------------------------------------

Self-portrait done at the bus & train.

Attachment 640320

Posemaniacs

Attachment 640322Attachment 640325
    Attachment 640326

I have to teach 14 year olds tomorrow. I did my assignment for them myself this afternoon, to see how difficult it is.
    It's still life done from real life in 1,5 hours.

Attachment 640327
    Last edited by Marlisa; April 7th, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks
    so far so good. You seem dedicated, keep pushing at that goal. One thing that helped me tons at attacking life drawing was just drawing reference material non-stop. Also all the old anatomy books help train your hand, youve probably heard of all the books by now (hogarth, bridgman, loomis, etc, etc) Also don't worry about your speed, pace yourself till it's right you have all the time in the world if you think about it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aaro_n For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thnx!
    I think I study anatomy very often; I have also school things to do .
    But that's a useful tip. Maybe I should buy another anatomy book when I have money again. I find bridgman very chaotic... maybe it's the drawingstyle, I don't know.

I have a drawingweekend with NoŽ starting today. The weather is beautiful so there will be a large update sunday evening !

Thanks
    It's great you're only doing traditional media! I too decided to stick to traditional, hearing that starting this way makes a more solid artist overall.

It's good to paint some figures as well, I find that I get a better understanding of form since I can paint right through the figure; it's easier to work from the inside out because you don't have to go around the outside with outlines.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    good stuff from life.

I suggest you to try a more lose line when you are drawing with pens, like you did in posemaniacs sketches. try drawing without picking pen off the paper.

Keep drawing!

p.s. how did you drew a selfportrait in the bus? have a mirror wherever you go?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Max Challie[/B];2210524]... I find that I get a better understanding of form since I can paint right through the figure; it's easier to work from the inside out because you don't have to go around the outside with outlines...
    Yeah, I get that too! That's what I try to do while figure painting.
    It's a quick working methode

@ pijus; haha, well the glass behind the busdriver is black tinted, so I see my reflection in it

I see now what everyone tells me here about those lines Thought I did a better job with the latest posemaniacs but wasn’t sure, tnx!
    I found out that I find it harder to draw confident lines with black fineliner than with colour markers (argh… does anyone know how you call those things in English? They are called ‘stiften’ in dutch.).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I force myself nowadays to draw with a permanent medium like markers or ballpoints or fineliners. Drawing with pencil feels so much easier; I don’t think I learn as much from that as from fineliner drawings.

Small update from things I drew this weekend. I made some photo's with NoŽ, it was really fun .

NoŽ's feet
    Attachment 644943
    Attachment 644944

Attachment 644945
    Attachment 644946
    Attachment 644947
    These last ones are sketches (I say this because they aren't as sketchy as the feet). I saw that the legs in the last one are too short, but can't fix it anymore cause it's done with ink.

It's really too late, have not much time to post the rest. Just wanted to show these things .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    amazing!!!

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast