Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlisa's SB Traditionals --> April 15 :::

Thanks
    I think they go together really well.. Maybe you want to pick the two you think are best and place those on the left and right side of the abstract thing? Or put the three dance poses above or below the abstract thing looks good ^^ don't worry..
    I know exactly what you mean with the anatomy studies instead of school work. I do way too much personal stuff compared to school stuff.. I try sometimes to keep a little connection with school stuff though, so that I can maybe show it at evaluations haha

Love
    Marleen
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I love your art works! We don't get to see much traditional stuff nowadays, so it's really something that you're so passionate about it

Thanks
    hey marlissa,
    you have some great work here. You post pretty frequently and your looking to improve.

You have already received lots of advice, but have you ever tried using a mirror when your drawing from life or ref. compare your drawing an the real thing (or photo) and you might be able to see things that look out of place.

keep working yo butt off

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hunchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tnx guys!

NoŽ: I try to do the same thing. That's why I put so much effort in this 'wytches brew' song assignment for 'Beeld & Concept'.

hunchback: yeah, I get what you mean. I should do that more often.
    Maybe I should do this week every day one self portrait from mirror?
    Yeah, I'm going to do that. That's good practise

------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I should wait with uploading stuff until I have more to show...
    But I was so happy with new reactions from people, and I forgot to post this one earlier (it isn't finished yet, but I like it already to be honest )
    It's from Bernini's 'David'.

Attachment 626286

The scanner doesn't work and the battery of my camera is charging, so I can't post the posemaniacs I did today.
    Last edited by Marlisa; March 22nd, 2009 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Wow everythings lookimg great in here Marlisa!

That last one has great energy! love the hand studies as well!

keep at it,
    matt
    Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    OOOH Love it!
    The technique is wonderful! White pastel or chalk on black paper? Should try that some time ^^

One thing on this one: it looks like you made the face (eyes, nose, mouth) a bit too large for the head size? but comparing it to the pictures of that statue it doesn't look like a lot too big I love the variation of tones that you got, and the contrast with the dark paper! great stuff hihi Will reply to your mail tomorrow haha sleep now ^^

Love
    Marleen.

Thanks
    You have really good stuff here I especially like the quick ones, 10 mins or so. keep it up!

Thanks
    I love what you do with color; great work! It's so cool to see the improvement here... stay with it
    Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Thanks
    Very good progress!

Try and use fewer, more complete lines in your sketching. It's a lot easier to think about a line, where it beings and ends, how it connects and disconnects, its weight, the ways it twists and so on, and then draw it once you understand it than it is to draw several lines or lots of little fuzzy dashes. It's always easier to erase and redraw 1 whole line than it is many! This will also push you to think about what you're drawing more, and after a while of practice it will all happen in a second!

Hope that helps some. Good work so far!
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IanE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Marlisa! just thought I'd drop by. You really got some nice tones in that last one. I really enjoy thats technique
    Also, those animal studies sure looks neat, I should do some of them too. Heh. Keep it up!
    SKETCHBOOK
    BLOGGER - Actually updated once in a while.

Thanks
    Really nice traditional paintings. Love the colours and contrasts! totally respect people who work entirely traditional. No matter how good a digital painting may be, it's always more satisfying finishing the physical painting. *thumbs-up*

Thanks
    Yay! A lot reactions! You people made my day!

JailHouseRock2: tnx Matt!

NoŽ: Haha tnx! it's done with soft white colour pencil.
    I struggled several hours (with a lot of breaks) with the face, until I didn't care anymore and left it this way.

nakatoni: hehe, the quick ones are really hard for me to do, because I'm a very stubborn perfectionist... but they are a really good practise!

AmontilladoAg: ahw thanks! That made me smile

IanE: That's a good tip (though i've heard it before.. but I don't listen to it I guess)! I'll try to do my best with my selfportrait this evening .

Vloth: Really nice of you to drop by! If you're going to do some real life animal sketches too, I'd recommend drawing with ink or somethin. It's harder I guess, but it worked for me the best

bigus_dickus: Tnx! I don't do any digital art because everyone does it (that doesn't mean that I don't like it though, some people can make really incredible things), and I like the craft work, mixing the colours, the paint on the canvas, the pencil strokes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Very, VERY small update. I finished this *cough* sketch tonight...

I saw some Mucha art last week and it inspired me. Thought it would be fun to copy the pose from some piece and translate it to my style.
    I wanted to make it more realistic, and I'm going to do a painting (in blue-tones I think) when my evaluation week at school is over (next weekend ).

I really love to make things with the theme paganism or magic or something like that. I feel attracted to that and I have tons of ideas to work out.

Attachment 631704

Mucha ref.

I made some changes, for example the toes and all the shadows (and the drapery isn't exacly as in mucha's work).
    Don't mind the blurry right corner. I was too lazy to start the computer downstairs, scan the thing etc.

EDIT: the head is waaaaaaaaaaaay to small... I'm not going to change/improve it in this drawing. I guess it's something to work on in the painting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The selfportraits i've been doing this week will be posted tomorrow, posemaniacs too.
    Last edited by Marlisa; March 28th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    WHOA!! DAMN, I.. I ... I.. DAMN! youve seriously improved, i think you mightve past me on the ability skill. but damn, you sure know how to control your brush and pencil. id like to know how good you are with applying your own style?

"EVERY GOOD PAINTER PAINTS WHAT HE IS" Jackson Pollock

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" Zdzislaw Beksinski

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast