Ritual gone wrong

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Ritual gone wrong

Those legs are just killing me /_____\ Quickie in about hour, any crits, ideas, improvements so far? This is a WIP

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Update. Fixed some parts, added contrast, and tweaked color balance. Better?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Parsa, I think you have a decent img going on atm. You seem to have a clear vision, and you just need to determine exactly where this is going and get a little handle on the anatomy. I can't give you any specific suggestions on the anatomy, as this is a lot better than I could do, but will say that I think the upper body is looking a bit stiff right now. Also I think the head and arms need help as far as your pose is concerned. I would suggest taking a reference photo, just of yourself or of a friend if you have one handy, to give yourself some ideas on how it could be improved. Here's a photo that might help you. The lighting is probably very different from your img, but I think his expression and the positioning of his arms are a great example of how someone might look in this particular situation.

I would also suggest adding some subtle color into your img to improve the focus and depth. You don't need to go overboard with it if you prefer to keep the painting fairly monochrome, but adding bits of blue to the light sources and bits of red or peachy skin tone to the figure and bits of green to the far background could give a more rounded impression. And of course put some purple and dark green in the shadows in the foreground.

And as a last comment, I think the figure would be a lot lighter considering that rune circle on the ground. It appears to be a soft light but it should be lighting up his legs a lot more and also the upper torso (his little skirt would cast a shadow keeping his lower torso dark). Right now it looks like his skin is black as car tires or thinned oil. Assuming his legs are skin, they should be a bit lighter.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that Dierat has given you all the advice you'll need for this project - you've got a solid theme and mood going on here, my advice would only be to keep working at it. This doesn't mean spend the next few days trying to nail it, try taking a break, doing some anatomical studies, and coming back to it in a week!

Also, if your planning to polish and finish this i would suggest doing some colour theory to make the image 'pop'. You've got quite alot of blues and grays, maybe think about adding some colours to contast that such as orange?

-Ibbo

- difficult is worth doing -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should focus on doing more studies...this is looking good in some respects, but at this point you're better of cramming more and more into your head, than spending too long trying to perfect this. There are many anatomical improvements you can make. In order to tackle something like this, areas that are confusing will show. The abdomen looks a bit strange as well as the collar bone area, and legs as you mentioned.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the arms are 2 short...the neck is 2 thick...and the muscles look a little comic like cause they have this bubble shape.i wouldnt allways male every muscle so round it looks cheap u can make some hard edges 2

like jakers said make some normal studies in easy poses try to master them and post here after this u can go to hard posis like this

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.