Art: demon - pest
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: demon - pest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

demon - pest

well after working on DEEP wanted to do something different. could not get my mind out of it. anyways little illustration here. wanted to keep the colors that would represent nasty smell and creepyness.
    so many good stuff in here that i rather not post anything but i had to on this one. i wanna get critiques and comments so i can grow. i hope u guys like.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a nice idea - There are a few things that could be done to bring it to another level though. First, the idea of a secondary light source works well as the creature is quite dark. However, i'm not too sure if its his hands which are glowing, or some other source. If it is his hand, then some of the points you've illuminated seem a bit off (i.e. the section under his arm). One thing that really works well though is the 'slime' effect you've done! Final downpoint, the flying insects look horrible when duplicated like that (did you make the shape into a brush?) but the blur effect on some of them pulls the idea back a bit.

Overall, good job! Try looking at colour values (contrasting colours especially) and light in your next piece!

-Ibbo

- difficult is worth doing -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ibbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ibbo- ahhh i see...well the secondary light glow thing on his hand and under it is just like ambient light glowing... i probably approached it wrong. and the insects yah..it was a brush...i have been trying to get better at custom brushes since im new to it but i had no idea how to make that effect...also i have been trying not to use very dark color to make my pieces too contrasty or dark but have not beel able to approach that well...all the tests i have done dont look any good. thats why i post this things so i can learn how or get tips or tricks... thanks for the response is appreciate it.

Last edited by cheo36; July 3rd, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.