Art: An animaton I made to Carl Orff's O Fortuna.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: An animaton I made to Carl Orff's O Fortuna.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

An animaton I made to Carl Orff's O Fortuna.

This was for a competition in Sweden, where the objective was to make a video for the National choir. They sent out three selections from Carmina Burana. Since I wanted to learn animation a little, I decided to join. I worked for about 2 weeks on it in After Effects, learning whilst i went, I envisioned what I wanted it to look like, then I went and found out how to do it. I then but it all together in a DVD with menus that included all my sketches and stuff. And then I won! I guess they didn't have very many entries... I learned a shitload anyways. This is two years old by the way. I never had the time to go in and tweak the animation, so its choppy as hell fluidwise in places. Its now forever lost on a defunct hard drive together with a short full motionfilm I made. Curse the no backup's!

I did the backgrounds and drawings by hand, scanned and then colored in ps.
    I really wanted it to look like a Chuck Jonesy sort of surreal backdrop (a la "evil" Tom and Jerry, you know the period where they had really dark eyes)

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by timpaatkins; July 2nd, 2008 at 11:14 AM.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, nice short The backgrounds look great and I like the overall style of the piece (I can see the influence from Chuck Jones that you're talking about; I actually kinda like those Tom & Jerry shorts better too lol). You used After Effects really nicely; the background and environment effects worked great and the character was for the most part pretty expressive (especially given the way you have to animate within AE). If I had to crit I would just say that his walks felt a bit floaty and, emotion-wise, off from what was going on in the rest of the scene and with the music. Granted you did this 2 years ago and can't tweak it but yea Great work man, would love to see recent stuff!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.