Sketchbook: Suggestions for newbie.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Suggestions for newbie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Suggestions for newbie.

Hello everyone,

New to ConceptArt here. I'm very happy I found a place where I can make improvements.

I'm not an art student. I started drawing again for fun because it helps with the stress of school. Since I enjoy it so much, I figured it's time to take my drawings more seriously.

I've been reading around the forums (particularly the Snogger and Manky threads, which was how I first found this place...very funny) and I've seen some very sound advice.

Aside from taking out a sketchbook and drawing whatever I see in every day life, is there anything else I should try as a beginner?

Luckily, anatomy is in my curriculum and I have to study it regardless, so I think I'll be alright there.

Here are some older, unfinished drawings of random stuff I made a couple of years ago; nothing special. Just to give you guys an idea. Honestly, I have not drawn so much until recently that I probably have not improved yet.

I'll post newer stuff later after I've practiced and I feel I've improved a little more.

All of these were used with some random references (pretty much typing the object in question in google image search or something similar). The first two were done in colored pencil and the last two were done with a tablet. If any of you are familiar with internet memes, you will probably know who the guy in the last drawing is.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    PV, I've moved this to the Sketchbooks section, as that seemed the best fit (where you posted was an archived, no longer active forum that wouldn't get much traffic). You might also want to repost your questions in the Art Discussion section.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you. Wasn't sure where to post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man. Nice drawing you got thera.
    Ireally would like to help fiving you some advice, but I've started drawing not a long time ago, so I'm quite unexperienced.

Keep at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'd like to see some more stuff before i make any suggestions.. there's some variety here which is good.. you're not scared to do people and you're doing still life.. maybe some stuff completely out of your head without reference to test how much you've been able to retain?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.