Art: rhino rhino rhino

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

rhino rhino rhino

Anyone use it? for what? what's your experience? what do you like? tricks? techniques? please share heheh i like that irreverent smiley times 2 over there

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was originally made for autocad. Use it if you like autocad.

(not used it much myself)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... and rapid prototyping. they use it alot in the cunstruction and film industry as the program tells a giant routing machine or multiple point milling machines what to cut in 2d and 3d.... then you can peice it together like a giant multi-part kit..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the main attraction of Rhino is that it's a great alternative to 3d Autocad - which is silly very expensive

Like thingymajiggas said, it (like Autocad) is suited to CNC stuff and design for making (working drawings etc) - the product designers/modelmakers are quite big on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I use Rhino for work, mostly for engineering projects but also for some vis' work. Rhino is very strong for NURBs curves and surface modelling, it can also handle point-cloud data reasonabley well. Most of what I use rhino for is tweeking surfaces for use in other program but it also has good futures for producing cross-sections and converting 3D into 2D representations.

Recently I've been using Rhino for some modelling and rendering work of Arch-vis projects, this is helped alot by the fact that Maxwell (which is my preffered render engine) is now available as a Rhino-plugin. It also helps that Rhino can load Solidworks files which is where I do most of my modelling.

I think it's what other people have said by it being 'like Autocad' but it works like a piece of engineering software which some people find hard to get their heads around. Something which I find very annoying about packages like Maya are that they are so 'artisit-friendly' it is very hard to do any precise work in them, where as Rhino can be very precise (in terms of accuracy but also in how it works).

To try to wrap up, Rhino is good for modelling mechanical forms and landscapes (there are some good plugins for using Rhino to produce site models) but I wouldn't fancy trying to model anything too organic in it. I could do alot with Rhino on its own but I'd rather have a few other packages at my disposal also.

Hope my rambling makes some sense.

MY SKETCHBOOK Updated 05/08/08 - Critique and comments encouraged

Industrial Design Weekly Enviroment of the Week

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.