Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,093 to 1,105 of 1291

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    I rarely feel this close to Nihil. I rarely draw this little. It was a very scary crisis (well one can't get scared in Nihil, it's the worst of the whole thing. You just watch as your life is eating away... *shudder*). I think if I don't fly up now, I will run away from drawing and I have no idea what would happen with my life then.

Today was a bit better.
    But I'm still very rusty.

Lightship: Thanks. Yes, I was able to salvage it in my final "I don't care just put some strokes here and there quickly" mode. When I can enter this mode, it's always cool, I'm quick, have fun and easily do better than other times. It's the complete opposite of the sweathy stiff struggle.

Plissken:
    It's Johnny Depp, the caricaturist is Steve Roberts. Sorry for confusing you The caricature is very good, mine doesn't resemble Depp that much.

A-May: My reaction (poor heads would deserve more care...):
    beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)
    Why would you think I'm better than you I wonder. I won't start to say my own opinion of myself but I don't think I'm an artist yet. If I get serious and actually practice, I will consider myself a beginner artist. Not yet.

Black Spot: I will ~

I tried to draw a face. By myself, kind of. I used some photos but very slightly, the result is very different and my brain behaved when I don't use a reference. I got tired.
    I never felt better I lack at the very basics. I know zillion tiny things about details but drawing a head sketch from some imple angle... I'm really bad at that.

Today. I sucked epically.

Just now. I think I'm not that rusty as before but I'm not pleased, of course. Refd, Korean girl again.

Okay, now I shouldn't stop and I will reach my usual warmed-up state. I need to climb higher from that. I've fed up with falling again and again.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Man I feel like there are so many same things happening here that is in my sb. Meaning that you are struggling with the same things that I and just trying to desperately understand things. I laughed when I saw your enviro piece-thought about the brush since that's exactly what usually happens to me too. I want to try out new cool brushes but in the end I just end up playing with the one and the same. I like the colors in that piece by the way. I think you are very good at drawing faces from reference. The likeness is always good. Also I like how you did the same portrait from memory afterwards. That feels like a really good exercise in actually trying to understand things! I should try that too.

Please don't run away. It was bad enough that you didn't post in few days, it really gets lonely. I mean it feels better to do these things with someone instead of posting by myself every day. I mean I know there are people posting but I always just feel so inspired of your many studies and just feel cool kind of working together with you, in a sence. If you know what I'm saying (I don't even know what I'm trying to say). I wish it would be possible to skip those bad days but I guess they too are very important for learning. I love the expressions on these faces you posted. I'm really bad at those myself. I also feel your problem with drawing the face from head. I feel the same. I just haven't gotten there yet with the basic structure things. But I think we will get there sooner or later! Also I know I should do more faces from head too. I think yours looks pretty good. The values would need more attention (exactly the same problem that I have with my own works).

Anyways sorry about this long posting Just keep climbing back up every time you fall, and keep drawing. There's no other way to do it. Somehow we will make it there in the end I'm sure. And together the journey feels better too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts

A few nights ago, you appeared in my dreams.
    That could mean that there are hard times ahead.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Satupeikko: The fancy brushes thing is true sometimes too but this time I had a hard time with colors and "how to approach this scene with zillion rocks and trees and whatnot". What to leave, what to draw, how to paint a sketch that isn't a mess... I'm not used to enviros very much and even if I draw one, I tend to choose a simple one...
    That man face was the first one I drew from memory afterwards. I know very well I should do that but doing it another after I got bored with it and stopped the first one.. I'm not cut out for that. It's a big step I drew gesture sketches over and over again
    I think I'd prefer to draw it not in copying mode the first time. I don't like my brain activity when I copy. I analyze and understand but if I look at the original a lot, my brain got lazy and my memory goes on holiday...
    I don't think I need the inactive bad days Struggling but drawing is fine but I wanna draw and draw and draw! And feeling great all the time. Is it that much to ask?
    When I'm warmed up, I feel good enough while drawing
    How can I write infinite amounts here I don't know... I better stop now. Thank you for your post. Sweet posts are nice when I'm down but there are much better when I'm already well. I LOVE doing enjoyable things when I already feel good. I'm a hedonist, after all. And I need company. I like the personal sketchbooks and comments the best.

Plissken: Oh no, I had enough hard times! Or is it for you? What about being happy together and having our best art period ever both? I'd even share my Russkij Standard with you, it's my favourite vodka at the moment and I have a new bottle, I'm trying this out now ~

Hi people, I feel great! Did you know there is Oreo Milka? Omnomnom.
    And I bought several new thin markers and brush pens It's time to draw something with them.

I started to draw another pink haired blurryness, this time it's a front view (tilted down), maybe I won't mess up this one. But I didn't see the nose this time either so I searched a bit. I found a better photo, the face was great there, too bad the colors were crazy yellow and orange, burned... I'm not good at doing the skin coloring by myself... And it isn't similar enough to the original :-/
    Whatever, I upload it because I feel like it and I don't want my cute friend, Satupeikko to feel lonely

EDIT:
    I worked another hour on it. I was desperate; I tried to use all my copying skills in zoomed in mode, I even looked at the whole and stuff. In the very end, using just a few minutes it got much better. Still nothing like the sweeeeeet original, mind you.

EDIT2:
    I really should use my eyes to see... I drew something else (the same girl but I used other photos) then I made my longer study better. I hate move features. Why can't I see them well in the first place? I really try but I can't and rendering can make things worse because I don't focus on the whole thing that well.

Still oh so totally a wip. I don't accept such a result as final.
    Last edited by shiNIN; April 20th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks
    Hmm, by the time I was absent, you've significantly improved your faces. That's badass. If only I had your dedication to improving...

(sorry if I sound strange, it 3 AM and I'm on the verge of collapsing from sleep deprivation)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian G.I. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Guardian G.I.:
    Did I? I rarely look back but my inner critic has an idea about my level where I should be so he thinks I definitely suck.
    My better faces look way too much time too.
    I mess up proportions epically.
    I need practice, a level up and after then we can talk about my face drawing skills
    I dunno about my dedication either, maybe it shows I really want to improve - but I don't go with my all. It's a very awkward situation but I'm getting more serious (with occassional inactive waves in between, just to make my life less boring).
    Aww, I'm sorry, it's what on my mind so I can't write a post without mixing it in...

I keep drawing Lee (the Korean singer). I'd unbelievably hard. Normally, I don't need to redraw face features this many times

Oh and I chose a not easy enviro for Tegaki where even colors are limited, not mentioning brushes. Sometimes I like challenges too much. It's awful at the moment but I will switch to PS for this piece. I expect my enviros to be bad for a while (it heavily depends on the ref, of course) but I can level up easily because I'm so unskilled at them. Enviros can make my life easier after tricky Korean eyes - and they are useful anyway.

I don't find my cloud photos I did a lot of though, well some of them is still in raw format on cards. And I can't shot new ones anyway, we have the same time clouds around here all the time. Still, I hate when things just disappear when I want to use them

Thanks
    Thanked 5,869 Times in 3,973 Posts
    What is too much time? This isn't a race. Get things right slowly at first and then speed will follow eventually. Get things wrong and no matter how many time you quickly sketch it, it's not going to improve that much. Draw smart, draw right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ShiNIN, where do you get the photos for your portrait studies?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian G.I. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Black Spot: It's true in general, it's not even a big deal that this koreal gal was much slower than my usual referenced faces. But it was a struggle and a hit and miss method. When spending 1 hour having a sketch that isn't an improvement compared to nothing and I need to completely redraw it, it's disappointing. Especialy after so much wasted time in the last years. Something changed, I'm in a mood when I desire to draw. No matter what the topic is. It's a blessed state, I'm not used to it. I need to hurry and draw a lot, maybe it can't fly away overnight then. I need to see much stuff I've just did too. I had too dark times when I barely drew. The next day my critic will say I totally must do something decent by myself and it will be just the beginning...
    Maybe it's not so easy to be me but I feel kinda good now

Guarian G.I.: Mostly from the Net. I used old books before. For my pencil heads, newspapers... I'm not particularly choosy.

It was a nice day, I'm a bit unfocused, I want to do everything I did a lot of tiny sketches that aren't worthy to show, just side effects of studying.
    I think I won't work on this girl anymore:

I wished to do something different. I used my favourite fractal pic as reference. I need to do it again.

Thanks
    Who, it was a while since I was here last time xd. Good stuff lately, you working hard, that's for sure. I like how you convinced form on this one http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...gfx/emese2.jpg

Try to pay more attention to edges (hard vs soft) and keep pushing. Cheers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Very inspirering to see where you started. and where you are today!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zporpnitteg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey girl, how are you doing? Are you feeling alright? Why no updates for almost a week? I did something shiny to cheer you up, blin bling

I like these Lee portraits you made. I'll be waiting for more cool stuff!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I lost my post. I'll be quick then. I wasn't very long anyway.

Ramalooke: Thanks. I've read about hard vs soft edges a few times, it interests me a lot but it always seemed so pro and distant, I don't know how to do it...

Zporpnitteg: It's because I started a long time ago and was stubborn since then. I really don't improve quickly.

Satupeikko: I'm sorry... The reason will follow.

I lost my will to drawing, like, completely, a few days ago.
    I'm curious and ever and serious and somewhat patient so maybe I will do anatomy studies (I better do them... they are the easiest to do for me because anatomy is so interesting, if I start to study, I can't stop Looking is okay, drawing is another thing).
    I don't know what will happen.

My sticker on Teresa, ugly numbers drawn with a little stick, only one paint was fit for the role, my beautiful marker numbers came off in an instant. Not like it's visible on this photo... Behind Teresa, my own bike, Ciliegia can be seen:

I had an arm anatomy day. It was good.

Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast