Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 42
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1292

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

The day has come, the time has come, I am so happy about your
    update, and the positive signs of your creative emotionality. I see
    you doing secret experimental laboratory things in your hidden new
    room. Deep mystified rose flower fumes in the air, your ancient magic
    skills cracking up the carapace of the last surviving snail. I saw Popeye
    in the mix above there, you did an excellent job on him and on the other
    sketches too. Be aware of too much moisture, cause when the value is
    real high, zombies will arrive. This is an euphoric moment, and
    I think that we should all celebrate together.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, life-details fan Shinin. You're so lovely~

LtPlissken: No, zombies are not welcome absolutely... I remember they would mess up everything of a new house...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there!! missed you! where have you been?

There is some good pencil work in there my mate, some of those faces have a lot of potential, but I know you and you have already decided that they are all fit for the garbage and nothing else. I like them and would love to see some more please and especially some photos of the woods if you can get them. I have a wood just down the road from me and I will do you a swap I will photograph my woods if you do yours and we will see if we have anything worth drawing between us ...... Yes??

all the best to you, glad you are posting again I hate it when you get busy and stop for a while ..... because I am just a big softy! he he he

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad you move on to more comfortable place! Hope it will be good for your expression) Keep it up!

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

Помогите c активностью форуму-скетчбуку mentalant.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uuh such a long time since I commented here I think.
    I've been such a terrible lazy-ass. Good to hear things are going well.
    Nice faces in post 1232. Hope to see you update more of them soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its always good to revamp old drawings it shows your progress and how much better you are to visually tell something, and about the creativity part, start small and dont be discouraged if you dont make gigantic complicated things, maybe do a character or a representation of yourself then practice that character until you can draw him in any pose thinkable its fun and it sticks, its all about practice man, you got a great line its time to use it! cant wait to see moer from you!

cheers!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I have a tight feeling that you are preparing something
    big and beautiful for Christmas.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ShiNIN - you should be drawereringing!

Freelance Artist Website : http://www.allyalbon.com

Blog : http://allyalbon.wordpress.com/

Black Cat Chronicles : Soul Thief now published
    http://aileenpettigrew.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This post has nothing to do with art so don't waste your time to read it unless you are quite sure you want it for some reason.

I really don't have any excuse to write here. I didn't do anything vaguely related to drawing, after all. I don't know what happened to me though the attack of mold zombies drove me into corner... My stress level became quite high and my nicer moments were packed with baking cookie, practicing Christmas songs (it's hard when you are supposed to sing something you don't know, there's no music sheet but 2 more people singing alt and the sopranos are too distracting), searching for a proper desk (I have it now, yay), a little origami (I need to make lampshades), I watched my BF to play the new Alice game, awwww it's so inspiring And I've read the cartoon 'Preacher', not all of it, it's too much and gets boring. I get drawing ideas all the time but it isn't enough.

Now I go to the End of The World Festival in the capital, there will be a one album band called Fuck Off System there. I like their songs, the one about suicide never fails to cheer me up I will wear my favourite t-shirt that obviously has skulls on it. And barbed wire. It's a cute one.

We just bought a really efficient dehumidifier and the mess in the house is smaller so I'm sure I will be able to focus on things already. The past weeks were very bad, I screamed too much. I'm somewhat of a short tempered one but I can be quite calm for a long time if nothing too bad happens. But the remodeling of the house and the over 80% humidity had its toll on me. It's awful to wake up when the air is this bad. My nerves are sturdy but I really can lost it if things wander way too far from ideal. It's good I come back safely and quickly. It would take a damn lot to drive me really crazy.
    But this is my sb not my non-existent psychiatrist so I stop now.

Replies, maybe?
    Lightship: I wanted to _draw_ my house. You know, in silly little highly stylized illustrative expressive style. It would help to show how I feel, the mere visuals irl can't show that. Oh and of course, I want to paint my house. There will be skulls everywhere in my room, murals and figures in the personal rooms... I will get a cute hell on my ceiling and my boyfriend wants a pink magical girl god shooting bright arrows from her rosebud adorned bow. Tastes differ
    Our woods? I'll search for some photos, we definitely have some and our house is in some of them, it's good to be on top of a hill. Those will be Alvaro's photos, I personally shoot clouds. He can't understand how excited I can get over a cloud no different from the others, to him at least. But that's a pretty and unique cloud to me

Black Spot:
    I know there's much wisdom in what you say but I don't feel I'm good enough to use masterworks well Even if there's an explanation by another artist... This is all too advanced for me and my immediate goal is usually just drawing something, no matter what and how but doing it. Good advices are wasted on me till I manage to be active But I will play with real life drawings, even I can see things that are totally in front of my eyes, in 3d and very high resolution... Whenever I do a master study, I feel I quickly slip into brainless copying and it's no good.

Satu(peikko):
    If you are a lazy-ass, I don't even want to imagine what I am.

lionheartGFX: Thank you for your words, they are encouraging, sometimes I can think clear like that myself (around bed time, usually) but the next day the world is foggy again. But probably I shouldn't think, just draw and everything falls into piece. Thanks.

Plissken: Erm, sorry... I... I'll see what I can possibly do... My best chance is to drink enough to drown my inner critic and playfully do something (and post it immediately)! I barely touched alcohol in the last months and it was a tiny bit wine. Weak stuff.

I didn't reply to everyone but I thank you all for your support, I'm really ashamed I don't give anything but the usual blurb in return.
    I'll visit your SBs when I can. I'm so blocked I don't even visit Critique Center.

It's so tempting to delete this post, I'm sorry if I don't do it in the end.

Some cookies for you, not quite good focus and 'unrealistic but I decided to keep it' colors (there was no natural light, it sometimes works), I didn't work with the raw version but the jpeg produced by the camera:

Not drawing but at least my hands did them. With cookie cutters. It would be way more creative to cut the pieces all by myself...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I saw you. Through the kitchen window.
    Preparing your cakes.

Name:  bakery.gif
Views: 372
Size:  246.0 KB

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh a month passed again... I was inactive then checked if there's an interesting looking new group on Tegaki E. I needed motivation and fun.
    Rainbow Veins Academy (a school for color gijinkas on a cloud) got revived for the second time and it's busier than ever!

Brace yourselves: Tegaki E stuff will follow, not just now but even next time.
    It's amazing, I draw again, I draw more and with more courage, in a better mood and whatnot. It's so cool, now I need to study because I feel I just running around at high speed within my cell of limited knowledge.

So I did. Well it was just doodling (using a ref in the beginning) before bedtime, TE colors are PITA and I couldn't focus. But I was somewhat motivated and got lucky. Well I call this as a not bad start. I totally must finish it in PS.

But my wavering quality is shocking.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heeeey, good to see you updating with some cool stuff it's about time i would say=D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wuhuu, she is back!
    What/who is this Tegaki E? Good to hear that you are drawing again and most of all enjoying of it again!
    Good looking faces. I think the skin tones look pretty good on them. Keep updating!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, ShiNIN, your new stuffs are lovely! Don't be so playful, use your will power to set aside more time for your arts~

Quote Originally Posted by Satu View Post
    Wuhuu, she is back!
    What/who is this Tegaki E?
    I recognized Tegaki E inspired by her information too. Just try it yourself. Warning: Addicting! For instance, ook at her...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm very lazy today so I will just upload what I already did from my Tegaki E stuff a few days ago.
    Besides, replies.

Ramalooke: Yeah... And I should get serious too. Drawing alone was very nice and an eye opener but I need action...

Satu: Thanks. Really? One thing I so want to get better at is colors and it's the most problematic on Tegaki E because I can't mix colors there. I just grab colors and hope they won't be too bad...
    Tegaki E was originally a bunch of drawn blogs I guess... But creative kids made it much more awesome. It's a site where the blog posts are big images and comments are little images You use a flash program and the result is saved as a .png file. There are groups and roleplaying, it can be quite fun and inspiring. The drawing tools are quite limited but it's not so bad I guess. I like to do sketches there more than in Photoshop.

untier: Being not so playful is the worst advice I can get. I need to have fun nearly all the time, it's what a hedonist is about. Tegaki E made me draw because it gave me motivation. The limitations do good. I'm far from being addicted, the group I'm currently in isn't busy anymore so I stopped drawing, of course, outside Tegaki E as well. Now I'm not playful, I'm not quite blocked but almost totally inactive again. I know what I should do, I have courage since I went back on TE... I just have horrible time management and a bit too low energy level nowadays. It's a pity.

But it seems I remember a lot from the times when I studied anatomy (and I drew way too little while doing so). I just need draw to have a deeper understanding/better memory access and use that knowledge.

Name:  te_201301.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  193.7 KB
    I changed my avatar later. Now it's better than either of this two versions but I wish to polish it more.

Name:  te_rvarequests.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  357.2 KB
    The last request isn't here because it's ugly. I hate when my fails are so bad

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's not my day either, at least I put some TE stuff together. IDK why. I couldn't resist. My day was hopeless anyway.

Name:  te_caramelfun71.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  463.7 KB
    The end is a start of another bunch where I was brave enough to draw more than a face. It may be not apparent but my courage, hand drawing skills and speed leveled up... But I won't include those this time.

Oh and I didn't finish my new TE entry, I just stopped doing it, no patience/energy. It's here (I actually tried to figure out where the muscles are, it was fun but tiring):

Name:  te_muscleman0208.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  50.9 KB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    puuurffect. love the saturated colors and this chibi style of yours ;3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking Good babes!!

not much to say at the moment crit wise as its just a flying visit.

best wishes to you and your BF, and give him what he wants and do the pink Girl God with a bow thing on the roof, you can do skulls on the walls, you see walls more often anyway!! lol

stay well and all the best to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, dear shiNiN! I'm expecting that you'll update more finished works in the last style in #1246, which is cool, sexy and heavenly! The cute style in the #1247 is also much appreciated~But where is the follow-up? What have lazy you been doing lately? Are you composing a story line?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yes, we are all expecting some big explosion and update from you in the near future.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my.
    It was eons ago I updated this poor sketchbook of mine. Meanwhile, I did not much. Except losing some weight in a pretty hedonist way because no way I do it otherwise. Well I framed my huge mirror too and painted the frame, using up almost all my acrylic paint so it's next to me now. My monitor died so I have a big wide one now, cool.

So I didn't draw for most of the time but being my bad old self, I will show you that nothing as usual.
    I so wanted to come back but it was hard to do. My next goal is a comeback to Tegaki E, I really enjoyed using my OCs there. But I brush up my tiny skills first.

I wish to make this my very last restart, I'm dedicated to connect to drawing (I never felt I had much to do with it and it shows, of course).

Replies. Better late than never is my motto.

First of all, thanks It's amazing how well you handle my enthusiastic dumps...

Lightship69: Oh it's okay, we have our own rooms so I have my own ceiling Still not painted at all but we seriously think about it already... Only my door is painted wonderfully, it's deep red, I totally need a sticker on it, there's a lovely "multiple demon skulls" door in Doom, I will redraw it in a higher resolution...

So, some stuff, nothing interesting this far.
    Name:  sc276animals_mostly.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  193.0 KB
    Name:  hamm2.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  431.6 KB
    Name:  hamm_trees.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  297.0 KB
    Name:  20130906misc.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  372.2 KB

My very small Spartan Camp comeback:
    Name:  sc275.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  57.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yowyo shinin! great to see you here and POSTING!! yupyup, really enjoyed the trees (lol dendrophobia), and ofc the pony. despite the small size, I thought that horse looked awfully disney so I guess you pulled off the spirit look. so, back to studies? if you decide what to stdy lemme know. maybe we can help eachother to keep going.

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ashess: Thank you for your kind words I definitely will study my favourite, human anatomy (and mammals in general as well), actually it's problematic because I can spend unlimited time with it without much visible improvement... At least it always seemed so. But now I plan to be more determined and focused.
    But I want study everything... I badly need to do enviros, I know it very well.

Well coming back is hard, I still spend my days with anything else but drawing. When I happened to draw, I did these crappy things (copying while trying to understand what am I doing and fail... but failing is sooooooo better than doing nothing. not easier though):

Name:  sc276force.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  258.0 KB

Name:  sc276b.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  396.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I used photoshop again. It was eons ago last time I did this.
    Optionals for Spartan Camp. Tonal study.
    The only part I'm happy with is the fact I drew something.

Name:  sc276opt.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  sc276opt2.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  59.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!
    Popping in just to say that I read your first post here, saw how horrible you were and wanted to see the progress you made over the years. It's really quite something to see how far you've come, reading some of your rants over the times on your struggles was also quite interesting! So great job, and you're a great source of inspiration for someone like me who only just began drawing recently.

I hope that I can draw for the next 5 years at least and see how I improve over time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man I feel bad about not having that much time nowadays to visit all the cool sketchbooks that I'd like to. Or well, I do visit them but don't have that much time to write in them.
    It's good to see that you are back and I hope you are not going anywhere now I like these tonal studies, I think the values look great in them. Also good looking traditional studies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good matey! I like the studies and gestures, and the resemblance of the "serenity captain" Malcolm is good too, he is not quite there but you can see him so good effort!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pyjrenard: Oh I'm honored but I don't deserve such words. My only good point is I refuse to stop drawing for good. I even stopped for months... I'm, like, nowhere yet (it's not being modest or a perfectionist, it's so totally true), one is able to reach much more within much less time. I hope I will be more serious in the future.
    Yeah, it's great to see progress. You don't even notice it, looking at your own stuff every day... But if you compare, it shows and it feels really good. The most important thing is: keep drawing, aim higher and it's kinda unavoidable to get better and better. The lame beginning might be a bit painful, I saw people to run away because of that, it's sad. Almost as sad as being content with weak stuff forever...

Satu: Thanks No, I really don't want to disappear anymore! Or stop drawing even for a day unless if I have a damn good reason, for example, riding my bike all day...

Lightship:
    I totally agree about that painting but I used to be good at copying at least Okay, I didn't lose my skills just I'm rusty... Thanks for your visit and kind words

It seems I'm not really back yet . I barely visited one or two SBs, I keep avoid drawing for DAYS... It's confusing.

Whatever. The little stuff I did a few days ago (I wrote it wrong, the first pic is from a movie):
    Name:  sc277b.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  sc277.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  293.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I stopped drawing again then I tried to change this extremely bad habit.
    But some determination isn't enough, I need something that I can easily copy and getting better in order to do something by myself :-/
    Tom Richmond's caricatures always work and I love them the most.
    I used some books I have, an e-book, some photos and videos... Anime too, of course, but not much. Nothing interesting but I was able to draw for hours and hours. It's more I did in the last several months.

Name:  sc279force.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  216.5 KB
    Name:  sc279book.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  631.6 KB
    Name:  sc279misc.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  541.9 KB

My PS skills are very rusty. If she is recognizable, it's because of her hair, her face isn't good.
    Name:  sc279movieheadfail.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  17.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, but you àre drawing again! lol. and the rust is beginning to peel off I can see. great shin; I particularly liked thos 'force' drawings. I gotto try that sometimes. lol. im pretty sure I have ethat book... or maybe the whole series.

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 115