Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 41
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1292

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

Just been browsing through your sketchbook and you've clearly improved alot since the beginning , just keep at it! Would also be nice to see some more stuff in colour cos the ones on the last page in colour were great!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
    (Winnie the Pooh)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crocley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Crocley: Yay, a new visitor! There's too much stuff here, maybe I should make a collection that represents my art life. Bow how and it's so pointless, I did nothing cool yet. Though... I'd like to point at my best stuff, the stag (a Landseer study), for example... Just a copy but still.
    I really wish to work with colors a lot in the near future. I always loved them a lot but I never was good at them by myself. And I often ditch colors to make my life simpler, it's still too much things to focus on. But I know colors have so much power...

It was another hot day. I rode my bike a lot. Clad all in black of course. Black is cool... well not temperature wise. In the contrary. Whatever.
    When we were sitting and eating/talking at a place (there was a not too small group), I looked at the others and found really strong radiosity everywhere (there was bright sunshine and red/yellow/blue parasols, pale and red faces...).
    Then I came home and rested, sometimes I don't even try to draw. It felt nice.

I keep getting ideas for comics... I totally have to start doing them but it's hard because I can't even do simple things quickly. Sometimes I miss the carefree beginner fanartists' attitude who don't care they do... erm, very week stuff, they still do and color it. There are multiple characters with complicated poses and whatnot. I'm quite sure it could be better to fix things with my own attitude. I'm bad at doing them in the first time. Sometimes I do try. A few hours later I have something like this (and I lose hope for the time being):

When I realized I have not the slightest idea about how to draw a not tight skirt, I did some studies. And sketched this and that. My traditional ones aren't any new, I don't bother with showing that stuff. I started to draw those flowy gestures from books again too.

Oh and I couldn't make my enviro wip ANY better. I ended up making some new brushes. They are nice but totally useless for that piece I think.

It's kinda boring I often can't see which of my subscribed threads get new posts for the first try (and reload don't work, it's good there are multiple ways to get them) but I can't get around of it. But it's cruel when a page is simply blocked and there's no other way to reach some stuff. Last time it was sending mail, now buddy list.

Last edited by shiNIN; August 25th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to help you with the whole drawing fashions and clothes but I am even worse at that than I am at drawing cartoon characters so I think I will sit that debate out if that's ok with you my matey!
    I like the orbs that you painted do you want me to do some more textured ones in the W.I.P. sticky thread? would that help the guys do you think?

All the best with the work darlin.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, the site is fucked atm. You keep chipping away at your drawing and it's getting better slowly. Focus more when you can and next time you go out, take your SB with you.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lightship: I was always bad at clothes, they never interested me though I notice when they are pretty/suits the individual. I'm the type who just grabs something comfortable to wear and is sorry we aren't normal animals who don't bother with that stuff.
    IDK but maybe some people would like it. As for me, I love orbs and other simple objects that has different material

Black Spot: My SB is usually with me. Today I had a little time too, I saw people and a horse... But I'm not so good at drawing moving living things and I never sketch something else.
    I hope I will draw my boyfriend at least, this week he's at home. There's a pony nearby as well. A very calm and docile one - except if there's snow. He loves snow and he's running around happily along the street not heeding to his owner "Laliiiiiiiiiiiiiii" cries. Lali is his name

I was inactive and stressed, now I study anatomy again and as usual, I merely produce messy doodles that aren't for show. I put just a lil bit of it here, really boring. My traditional stuff is better, I'll bring them tomorrow.

A ctrl+paint tutorial has an enviro pic, I quickly painted it before I viewed the video. The aspect ratio is totally different but who cares, I mostly just played with brushes. I have a liking to square ones recently. Especially if rocks are involved
    It was fun. I need to do this more frequently

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn woman, wheres the self confidence? Your stuffs rocking, don't let your brain tell you otherwise.
    Yeah faces and improvement, maybe instead of lots of little studies and multiple drawings you should spend time on one face or something else perhaps? I dunno, it can be hard spending so much time on one thing but you learn so much from it not that I'm devaluing your methods, its just a different approach.

Mix things up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jay Dee: MY self confidence? It's even deeper in the ground than my skills Well I'm sure there are zillion people who do decent stuff without more skills I have... It's not easy to use the small amount I possess... *sigh* Don't let me talk about these. I better just try to start to learn to draw properly.
    For now, I would be content with just drawing, no matter what and how well. Though I still can't love copying, it's not useful enough.
    I'm sure if I just draw and draw and draw, I will get ideas and the strength to do them. Hopefully. There's not much problem with the ideas part...
    Oh but I agree with you, I miss painting a head for a longer time. I planned some portraits, I even promised one on Tegaki... But I lacked something to do them this far.

Hi people, I tried not to put every scribble here (I have some lame arms and folds and whatnot) but it's so big again. Traditional stuff. Those flowy gestures are too quick, I really didn't draw much with pencil (+marker) lately.
    Name:  trad0830.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  365.9 KB

I used PS just a lil bit. I did some... IDK... Color focused messy copies? Following the example in the ctrl+paint video, I didn't care about details.
    The painting AdrianNagorski used for a master study (Carl Haag: Shipwreck in the Desert) had nice colors... Well it wasn't easy. At all.

The same with a Sargent portrait. I wish to do it properly, it's not the full size It was very quick.

Kids.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It's not perfect but it seems the site is back. I almost lost hope. Not really but still. I was hybernating, I merely looked at and draw some goats since CA went away (I have some stylized ones as well, yay!).

This is the stuff I wished to put here when it went down, I even made the blurb back then:

Oh cool. My comment is lost due to the CA maintenance/upgrade things. I can't even go back and save it.
    Whatever it wasn't long and it was negative though realistic anyway, I pondered about my inability to draw humans.

So I did something else.

[RANT section]
    I found a site. Someone copies masterworks and sell them. I wouldn't do that but it's totally okay.
    But. I compared some of them with the originals. It's one thing he isn't good enough to copy well and lack anatomy knowledge.
    But he deliberately changed some stuff. Realistic and damn awesome raging sea waves (great contrast, interesting "patterns", oh words so totally fail me here)?
    Fuck that overly difficult thing, let's just put there some almost uniform symbolic waves and let it be bright BLUE and GREEN because that's what water should be!!!
    There are some better copies but I'm a bit sensitive if someone ruins a Bouguereau or thinks a Rembrandt painting just needs much more light and color. Not in a way where it's realistic the slightest, of course.
    It was long ago when I got this mad.
    I'm a visual type and I can appreciate masterworks so much. They are a joy to my eyes, soul, mind, heart, I never really though about the details, I just enjoy them (well the ones I'm compatible with ) immensely.
    Now I feel an urge to do some decent master studies.
    I'm working on Sarge's Beatrice Towsend now (the girl with the dog) but it's so hard. Maybe I should enlarge it, I can't paint a small face when the pupil is close to one pixel

I actually have two very old Bouguereau wips (the newer is the one with 16 humanoids, 2 centaurs and a donkey... I will finish it one day), not counting the portrait I messed up and abandoned. Plus a Rembrandt Peale, I never get right the hair on my Van Dyck portrait either.
    I wish to finish my zillion (around 70) wips anyway.

Goats, there are new. Quick photo refd things (alas I don't know the photographers's names, I realized this when I already painted these). Limited time, too much details and/or deliberate changes does good. It's really not very creative to copy everything I see, I'm too good at that (it doesn't mean I'm oh so good at copying but still too good, just like my critic skills. My normal drawing skills need more improvement.
    I studied and read about colors. I don't think I have talents involving them. They are damn important and fascinating but how will I use them, I have no idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've a busy bee haven't you? Nice updates and hope to see a ton more.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Black Spot: Thanks but I feel so inactive... Right now, I'm much more interested in my house (that has no roof at the moment) but I really should focus on drawing.

Just a few pencil/marker goats this time. I played with a funny one, that felt nice.
    I have some not so good PS ones too, I still haven't the vaguest idea what brush settings should I use for sketching. Nothing seem to work. They come later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Greetings from slackersland! Its good to see you again.
    I haven't been drawing for like in a month but I guess I need to get back to drawing again. Anyways you have been updating some really nice stuff in here. I see you're portraits are getting better and better. Keep it up girl!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heey,
    It has been a while since I've been here. Glad you still painting. I can see some improvements here and there. Really nice ;3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow

baby human and baby goat are just... < 3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone. Btw, lack of thanks button... my last attachment with nudity... logging in every time I'm here... These aren't happy things.

Still the usual, I don't even know when I do even these half assed things when I actually do nothing... Whatever. I mostly analyzed colors of pictures. It's tiring.

Googling "goat" introduced me to Gill's blog. I spent quite some time there.

Here's some traditional stuff and I grabbed all the digital ones I had around and were at least slightly above "just delete it quickly" level (pretty low) as well.
    I start to feel I have enough skills to should feel bad not to use them My "why can't I forget about this silly idea, learning to draw" period is finally over.
    I had a hard time this week and I'm not exactly rays of sunshine at the moment, maybe it shows. My self criticism is just the normal and you guys get the euphemistic version.

I haven't even started to get bored with goats. They are awesome and I know some of them in person. Lucky me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No!!! Half-assing stuff is not cool bro! Nice goats though im a little disappointed that most lack the coolest part of the goats, their eyes! Man i love looking into those sweet little eyes! Your wood kinda looks like a seashell or snail shell, that might be cool to see. Dont need tot tell you but keep it up =D and give it at least 3/4 ass!

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Darlin!!

I have missed you whilst the site has been down, I hope you are well and all in the world is cool! lol

Nice updates matey, I liked the kid with the wild eyes especially, that made me laugh, good one.

There is some nice movement coming through with those goats and deer critters back there too, so all in all you are still a star! So stop putting yourself down and just get on with the drawing mate, its good enough to stand on its own without you being embarassed about it and putting it down all the time, OK!!??

love and best wishes as always.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey! love all the goats, goats are cool, makes me wanna do some goat studies too now hehe x)
    liking all the cartoony thing you drawn as well keep it up and keep having fun drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    still going man! solid improvement on colors!
    keep at it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dunno what I accidentally pressed (probably the side button on my pen in my hand while typing... that thing is my "mouse" as well and it's so easy not to put down) but my nice long post is gone. I try to rewrite some parts of it in a short way.
    I thanked Lightship for being so kind all the time, it feels nice in both hard and good times.

Wingal: Yeah, I know, goat eyes are cool, I tried to show the interesting pupil shape in my own doodles but I mostly focused on the shape of their heads and bodies. If I happen to draw a goat portrait, I definitely will focus on the eyes more.

rumpenstiltzkin: Thanks. Goats are awesome. I like those tiny doodle heads of mine, I should color them in PS I think. And make some more complete drawings. I always liked good stylization and it might be a good way to actually draw some more complete drawings. Simple, complete ones. I would run away from the thought of something difficult but very simple stylized things... Sometimes they don't seem impossible. It's not even important if they really are so easy or not, the main thing is to make me start something instead of running away.

Aragah:
    Thanks, I barely did anything with colors on my own yet but I will try, from now on. I have a feeling I start to have some vague idea of colors, oh I studied them so much without much effect...

I must have some disorder involving focus and I almost completely stopped drawing. I still focus on my house too much, I have a roof now, by the way, it was high time, not it's fight time with mold, they will lose as my ceiling won't be covered with water again but they are still stubborn at the moment.

It's autumn time, it means hiking to me ~ Scenery shots, I wonder how pro photographers do them... They probably make nice looking shots that aren't like the original either. That's a hard work. Forest shots in sunny weather are awful before working on them (we use raw, my boyfriend is a hobby photographer, it's good, I don't like to work on photos too much)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The goats are adorable. Hope you get a roof soon.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya babe, hows the house coming on? have you had the chance to draw anything good?

stay well and post soon, best wishes as always

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The photostudies are looking great, and the animal work too, id recommend more studies on animal anatomy, if you havent done so already, to boost up the structure understanding of the animals next time you get down to doing those drawings!

-We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

My SKETCHbook
    http://jeeso.deviantart.com/

29. The Following User Says Thank You to The Jeso For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice works lately)))) I like how your colors and lines improved)) The only advice I have - is to forget about photo refs for some time and to paint from life only. Something like a view from your window or selfportraits (if you don't have much time to paint outside or to find a model for posing) or still lifes. That will give you much more experience))

31. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

They are all expecting your comeback;

Name:  0236.gif
Views: 224
Size:  1.57 MB

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

33. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi people. It's one of my very rare no image posts.
    I.. stopped drawing. I don't know when there was such a long period without _ANY_ drawing at all. I had an intense mushroom hunting-studying-eating period, well, it's good to take loooooooong walks if your house is too cold to stay in it for long...
    And now frost came (only a slight one for a few hours but the maximal temperature wasn't much more above that). Considering my windows are late and I can't wash my clothes because they are wet after a week, I escaped my cute house. It was late, though, the stress made me vulnerable and I catched a cold.
    I'm so inactive that only my naive optimism makes me think I won't cease to exist. A decent corpse is more active than me right now.

Enough of whining, I wish to declare I'd love to draw again so I will make attempts. There is sunshine so it has some possibility.
    For now, replies.

Black Spot: Thanks. I think I really must learn to draw goats properly, there are live ones near my house, after all. They nearly ruined my medlar tree (the 3 fruits are gone) so there's a fat chance we will study one of them from the inside when their owner slay one next time. We are _almost_ vegetarians, after all, not completely.
    I have roof with insulation, thank you, the lack of windows is my main problem at the moment.

Lightship69: Hi, the house is progressing, our money is nearly gone! I got a big financial gift from my aunt too, my stress is lowered except the thing with those damn windows. I don't have excuse for not drawing though.

rem92: Well I try. I know I should try harder. There's a book I want to read about animal drawing, I started it a few times but never finished but I will... some time... I'm really interested in animal drawing, after all.

in2eternity:
    You are right, I'm sooo aware of it. I even bought two shiny objects to paint them. I even found an inedible but cool looking mushroom! Just the drawing part didn't happen. Self portrait - I don't know what to do about that. It would be useful but I can't stand my own face very much I prefer pretty stuff. Or interesting stuff. I think I will love my face more when I will have wrinkles But it's so far away, people in my family age very slowly. Maybe I should use some interesting lighting - making faces would be cool too but I can't keep up with that for long

Plissken: Yay, it's good to see you again. I know, I didn't visit your SB lately. I didn't visit anyone's SB except Satu's and I didn't comment there either despite I had thoughts. I feel so dead.

Oh and during mushroom hunting (lovely forest, I don't know how one is able to start to paint forests, they are so very hard, complicated lights and colors, I can't understand them), I've found a dog skull and some bones (deer humerus, maybe?)!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mushroom hunting, huh? Yeah, they can indeed detract. Waiting for an update.

Sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Take pictures and post some I would love to see the House, woodlands and the mushrooms and the little faries that live in them, until you eat them that is!! ha ha ha (evil laugh!) homeless pixies and elves and fairies............. yes I am drinking as I write this, Surprised!!?? I think not!

I am giddy and silly because I am delighted that you havnt left me!! lol

love and best wishes as always to you and yours.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Just as Graham said, take pictures and show. We want to see.
    I want to see. And draw, paint and draw again, under the fresh
    sunlight show us the beautiful things that you used to show us.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know you say you don't like copying, but maybe you're copying the wrong thing. Try doing more master copies than photos. Photos distort reality and it's hard to learn much from them, while old masters have sorted out the problems and you can see where you have to push the values and why the shapes are as they are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well life got a little busier lately, I'm living in my own room now, it's unfinished and a bit messy but much more empty... And right now, filled with sunshine!!! I have sunshine after all those dark times and I have SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE as well It isn't a huge room but it isn't a tiny either, well it's under the roof, I have very low walls as well, it's fun.
    I will paint when the moisture level won't be this extremely high.

Replies will come later, I'm in a hurry, we need go and buy apples. I need a lot of fresh fruit these days, it's a good sign I think.

I didn't want to upload stuff until I start to draw again and actually create something... But it didn't happen. Whatever, here's some not very fresh stuff.
    I copied some copies from my older sbs... I like to do that sometimes. So there's nothing new except when I got bored with copying from memory (this time I drew stuff multiple times! I always new I need to do that but now I did) and made changes

I have some figures from the FORCE book, I'm reading it again, but they aren't good yet.

Digital? Not much. The crappy figure is my own, it was quick at least.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 115