Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey!

Thanks for helping me out in my sketchbook.

Such progress you have made! when i watch the beginning of you SB and compare it with the last page. Stunning!
    About the perspective and light studies, yea, those would come in handy.
    If you need some good books, there are tons of free e-books online
    Here's a link to a list with some beautys (perspective too) Click

Cheers man! and keep up the good work

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts

shiNIN at the psychiatrist again :) verbose mode on

surion: yeah, thanks, I know that link I collect useful ones, nowadays I focus on digital painting tips for my humble entries (I like studies, but participating in activities is something I can't resist. I don't go near the bigger ones, COW, CHOW, but I do DSGs and similar smaller stuff where sketchyness isn't a problem)...
    well, I'd never complain about improving. I'd make it very well if I drew more. what's the problem with me?
    well, in the last days I did some (sooo few) drawings. poses (posemaniacs and photos about sexy girls), but I have no patience now.
    I tried to draw hands too. I ALWAYS try. and always fail. hands are the topic I don't improve at. but I'm not the type who gives up, never! *gnashing of teeth*

and I don't like perspectivity studies at all (well, I never did one, except in school). I know perspectivity is useful, it's a must, I feel the lacking of it, I know I have to embrace it one day and I will love when I can use it properly. I just don't like perspectivity studies, so I won't do it till I need I can't live without such skills anymore. it's like language grammer exercises, I never do those when I'm learning a languages, I read books instead
    self-discipline is a word that I don't really know...

a little halfhearted (or less) playing at night, just because I have that "no post without a picture" rules
    at first there was 100% hardness brush, plus burn and dodge tool.
    then I fell in love with low opacity/100% hardness/100% flow and did everything with it.
    a few pictures later (now) I have the idea I need to be more flexible

so, they are bad, I know, I lost my tiny interest halfway. but my strokes are far better than in the old days. I use a better technique now.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Keep up drawing guy, you're in the good way, some improvement since the first post

Thanks
    Walid Dala: thanks! it's strange how nice to get a comment here... my sb has unusually few visitors, I saw other beginner sbs got more, though it's not important. I sometimes sorry about the quality people face here...

just some pose sketches. I know I should draw poses, tons of them. somehow posemaniacs 10 seconds are the easiest for me. it definitely worth the time but I dunno what will be the result.
    I just draw... don't think or plan or anything, I usually don't draw feet or nice curves on the legs, there isn't time... in the past, I used 30 seconds, but there I start to think, oh, I should make shapely limbs... the result won't be much better and my mind become tired. after making 10 seconds drawing, the pose is often recognizable and hey, it's only 10 seconds and just me... it's better for my troubled mind and soul, I need some rest now.

the second pic has some drawings without time limit (but they are quickies too).

I drew some (originally) hot babes too (and a male, I accidentally met a nice photo), but I can't bear to share them. I start to hate my lines, they're so messy and thick (I should use my sharpener more often... and use a sharp pencil and another one - or I should learn hatching...).

Thanks
    I agree with Wala, you show improvement! Keep up!. I recommend you "Drawing with the right side of the brain", from Betty Edwards, it has some excellent excercises (absurd as they might seem, they´re great).

Thanks
    bstsk: thank you! I've only heard about "Drawing with the right side of the brain"... I will check it
    graphic is so different from programming, the latter is something one learns by oneself, even the profs in the university told so... drawing requires much more practice and various knowledge... I never knew until I came here how many things a real graphician has to know.

some doodles I did in the last 24 hours. the winged woman is based on maeharrington's drawing I saw today here in CA. I planned to use only the pose and build her from my mind, but that drawing made too much impact on me, though I didn't look at the original too much... then I went a bit crazy (the various elements refer to a fanfic character I like).

Thanks
    after 2 very inactive evening (I went to bed early, grrrr, I hate it, I have so much to do... why am I so tired nowadays?), a new DSG by me! I had to draw my idea, but my enthusiasm wasn't so big then before

and the new DSG topic is tasty too, I have an idea again... complete digital pictures aren't for me yet, but... but this is about a sexy babe without too many clothes (the topic is about a bot, but it doesn't matter ), it's perfect for my current pose+nude drawing period.

the tale for my DSG:
    once upon a time, there was a lovely forest. the food was enough (well, in the reality everyone is food), the weather not too hard, many species were thriving.
    only the Bad Awful Poacher and his evil tricks poisoned the life of the forest.

then one day Shakem Reh Ibryngh, the wandering alien sage emerged. he decided to teach the poacher a lesson.
    one day later the Evil Poacher entered the forest and noone ever saw him again.

Shakem Reh Ibryngh made a pleased sigh and left.
    the forest got back its balanced life - the human population was too big and nasty on the planet anyway.

Thanks

I Did Actually Draw Poses!

hurray! I drew a lot of poses last evening and some today. they're not sooo bad, but the most important that I actually drew them! I neglected these important studies for so long... I'm so glad I put almost the whole bunch here

Thanks
    my second digital painted portrait (the first was failed) as Spartan Camp #54 option study.
    it's rushed and half-assed, but it's not so bad for my level - if we ignore the fact that the original isn't like this at all, that's a lovely sweet girlie with a charming smile. I'll make this painting much better when I will have time.

Thanks
    Hi There,
    You are improving a lot indeed, great sketches, good to do lots of basics.
    A brilliant book for drawing the human figure (not so much for poses, more for general artistic anatomy) is Anatomy for the Artist by Jeno Barcsay (Muveszeti Anatomia in Hungarian). I know I go on about this book but it's really the best I've ever found on anatomy and it's available in every larger bookshop in Hungary.
    As for the portrait of the girl at the end, it's probably a lot better then you think. The face is well proportioned, the eyes are especially expressive, if there's one problem I'd say I'm not sure about the direction of the light.
    Otherwise I enjoy seeing your progress so keep it up!

Thanks
    JetLime: thanks for the tip!
    the girl portrait wouldn't be bad in itself (for it's a digital quicky by me), but the original was a younger girl and she lost the charmful smile, the very thing captured my attention... I'm sure I am able to do it better

yesterday I was horribly tired, I just played a bit. I need to improve my techniques with my pencil. hatching is totally unknown for me, I only used the (hopefully) dull tip of a soft pencil, it's quick and natural to me. the result will be smooth enough, if the tip is really dull. it's not for very light shades, though.
    I wish to learn hatching too, I find it pretty and I'm sure it will come handy. I like if I have possibilities
    in this picture I used mostly hatching. but my spheres are prettier with my old technique, especially if I lose my patience...

Thanks
    shiNIN- nice studies ! Nothing much to say now. Make sure you pay close attention on balance when doing those studies.

Thanks
    I am very happy to see that you are really serious at improving your art my friend!
    You are definitely improving.

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 13