Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 39

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1292
    Thanks
    How's it going out there, shiNIN?

By the way, here's a big bunch of stock photos to practice nude figure drawing. I've accidentally stumbled upon it while browsing Tumblr.

Last edited by Guardian G.I.; June 9th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Sketchbook

''The problem with quotes from the internet is that it is difficult to verify their authenticity'' - Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian G.I. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Caspia: Thanks! Well that would be great, a tip how to improve my line quality... It's one of my most annoying weaknesses working digitally. I dislike linepetting and spending a lot of time of a simple curve but I can't do it in quick, fast, easy way. It's much easier with pencil, at least when I'm mentally prepared, ie. I _know_ where to put my line, I can do it.

Izene: Thanks! Skulls are very different and indeed, they have different "personalities" and it's very important to me to show it When I will be good, I will paint skull portraits

ashess:
    Indeed. I don't even know why I have times when I don't feel any desire to paint - or do anything. I feel I'm dying, losing being myself I don't want to experience that again. I guess it will be easier and easier as I get better and more used to drawing/painting, not just reading/thinking about it.

Guardian G.I.:
    I'm a collector type, I have plenty of reference photos (though it's never bad to have more), my problem is I rarely use them And I plan to do more life drawing, it gives us more information, after all. I can't do it with portraits but if I just need a human body, no matter what kind, I have two in the house.

Totally Offtopic Part

It's evening and I simply didn't do anything. I'm rarely this tired. I participted in a... well, organized hiking trip, I don't know the proper name in English. It took quite a several hours, we weren't in a great shape but it wasn't that long, after all. The hilly forest and darkness was planned - the very stubborn heavy rain wasn't... I barely could stand up in the morning and I kinda rested all day.

Me and Watercolor

I try it harder now, I think I will get a hang of it. I watched zillion videos and have my fun experimenting period.
    I like watercolor and free and artistically rough painting in general. Just because I polish some of my studies, it doesn't mean I want to do that later. Maybe sometimes. I always loved good sketches a lot too, why to "finish" everything?
    I think watercolor helps to be more free. I rarely am that. I don't dare to take steps that are my own, sometimes it's not courage, just old bad habit or being lost, not seeing where to move. Whatever. I need to be a playful child.

I barely did anything else and I was pretty lazy at those.

Name:  sc226.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  93.8 KB

I have to correct myself, I forgot I didn't put here before. A tiiiny bit more "work" (bottom row is the older versions):

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good to see you're working hard. Keep it up. Love the skulls.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Umbravita For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Darlin!!

I have been in Tenerife for a week with the family and so have not been by so I thought I had better rush in and see what my mateys have been up to and WOW............. I like the crystal skulls mate they are rather good.
    Also the guy you did first at top left of post 1136 there is some good detail and expression in that one and so you can feel suitably pleased with yourself.

As usual I bask in the rosey glow of your greatness..... LOL !

love and best wishes to you and your chap, keep workin and postin mate.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    doing good here! i think on the last study you kinda cut off the mans head, it should be way bigger ^^

♦♦♦ SKETCHBOOK ♦♦♦
    DEVIANTARTSKETCHBLOGTWITTER

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Natalia Soleil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like your gesture drawings of the cats. More cats!

Thank you for your comments and critiques.

Sketchbook

Blog

Deviantart Gallery

13. The Following User Says Thank You to micahchampion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,444 Posts

He wants your soul!!!!!!!

Name:  ShiNIN.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  120.6 KB

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Plissken:
    Oh nice skull and how spirited *hugs (i.e. the skull)*.
    Fine, fine, I will update tonight.
    I wondered when will someone miss my lame stuff. Ofcoz, not this the reason I neglected this SB of mine.
    I was lazy.
    Then I drew... well refd stuff to learn flowy lines again...
    Then I was lazy again, I mostly have pencil stuff... They need so much word for so ugly result.

micahchampion: I draw cats from time to time, I had colored paintings in the past too.
    But it's the first time I drew skulls:

(Refs: 2 photos, a drawing and a pic of a 3d rendered one)
    I was mostly in simple copy mode, doing something in PS was tiresome enough without too much thinking about this very complicated form...

More stuff and replies later.

Thanks
    Umbravita: Me, working hard? Almost never! But since last time, I really, really tried.

Lightship69: *sigh* Those are totally refs stuff so even if I did them wonderfully, I'd say "it's just copy". And there are the zillion times when even copying results in a fail. You don't want to know how I feel at those times But seriously, I try to do things at least partially by myself. It feels better and is more useful as my memory is lazy and doesn't work if it's "copying", just let my eyes and other brain parts do everything.
    But I didn't want to write such boring crap, I'm too tired at the moment Thanks for your visit, you are a lovely guest. Bad word, you should feel yourself somewhat home here

Natalia Soleil: I don't think so. You can say sooo much bad about that skull, I'd be eager to agree with you in many cases but his cranium is just fine. He doesn't have a huge one but not an unusually small either (and he still could have the volume, you don't see all dimensions of his skull). Maybe it seems so because he has freaking big eyes. I totally messed up them, I very often do that with eyes...

Some stuff.
    Why do I want to show so much scribbles from my paper SB? You won't see it properly anyway and it doesn't worth it either. It took hours and way more tired than drawing and much worse.
    This is the messier and sillier part, more will come later:

The following ones are all that I did in PS lately. Let's start with the fail enviro that's quite old, it was so ugly I didn't want to put here. I need to choose impressive but hard refs sometimes.

Thanks
    I love seeing your paper sb pages as well. Good to see you back!
    Let's stop slacking together!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Satu(peikko ): Sounds good! I'm in, I managed to warm up after some extremely lazy days. I really, really, really wish to feel great and have fun (it's what warmed up drawing means, at least till my inner critic doesn't find his voice). Right now I don't do own things but that will happen if I don't stop (and teleport back to square one).

Another traditional bunch.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man!Great studies!
    I love those gesture poses, its all loose and flowy!
    Keep on posting!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Izene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, mate! Embarrasingly long time since I've been here. (Can I blame my coursework? ahaha)

Either way, your digital painting looks good as always. Glad to see you doing more skulls too, I can't get enough of them.
    Keep up the good work as always ~

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ShiNIN!
    Those gestures look awesome, lots of really great movement to them.

As for that environment - your values are all wayyy too dark. Something that has been teaching me a lot recently is to take a painting of an environment (or a photo) and take my eyedropper tool. See where the saturation and the brightness of the color is.

Don't pull that directly over to your painting, but pick a different color and try to replicate the value/hue.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to liquorbleu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Izene: Well I chose the books I draw from well, you know. My own figures aren't that good but they bound to get better in time.

Naidy: Nay, blame my lil SB! It isn't as interesting as should be. It seems better than it is. It totally lack interesting own stuff.
    More skulls? Okay!

liquorbleu: Well it's a sunset scene with not so much light and I focused on the sky anyway. It wasn't definitely lighter in the photo. The background was lighter, the middleground darker, almost black - the foreground was lighter but a very different hue. I simply messed up the whole pic I didn't want to show it

More flow and whatnot. Maybe I shouldn't show everything. I know no moderation...

It's shocking how confused am I around faces too. And I tend to draw too wide eyes area on the head. I feel I'm walking in circles, making similar studies... I guess I need to do them more frequently.

Thanks
    Good work girl, keep on updating!
    I like these newest faces, I think the proportions are good.
    I think that there should be some more variation in skin colors maybe.
    Like some more warm and more cold colors as well, something else than brown. I don't know I feel like there's something missing from the colors but don't know what exactly (hell, I don't know anything about the colors yet, don't listen to me ) Moar mroar!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great updates!! Seems like you been busy
    I would like to second what Satu said, and the portraits...needs some green!
    Otherwise, brilliant work!!
    Keep them coming!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Izene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey, nice update. thanks for the honest crit. You have problems with faces too? Same here. Takes me hours just to get it right.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to bobmeatbag For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love your realistic paintings and sketches, they are very lively and competent. However, your anime drawins are exactly the opposite imho. They seem a bit flat/bland and lifeless. I think you should stick to the (semi-)realism as you're really doing a good job and it seems to come to you very naturally

36. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnaGiladi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't care what you draw my mate as long as you do it! Its all good and its all practice but I think its time for both you and me to stop experimenting and get on and finish something Ok? I will nag you and in return you can nag me Deal!?

all the best my matey, like the cutey disney style animals by the way.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Like Lightship69 said, it's high time that you started to build your serious stuffs. Translate all your skills and wonderful ideas into your masterpiece! Hey...are you doing it?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to untier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightship69 View Post
    I don't care what you draw my mate as long as you do it! Its all good and its all practice but I think its time for both you and me to stop experimenting and get on and finish something Ok? I will nag you and in return you can nag me Deal!?

all the best my matey, like the cutey disney style animals by the way.
    Hey, matey, I can't help applying for it...Please add me into your nags league... I confess that I'm genuinely interested to this organization! But make sure that everytime you should nag each other to be exhausted, then I nag both of you. And you must have no right to nag me. Deal!? I guess I'm a sadist.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to untier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Satu, Izene: It's not an excuse but I didn't see much color variance in the very photos I used. I definitely have no skill to make up for that and I didn't focus on it anyway, it's just I don't like to work in grayscale all the time. Hey, criticize the values and other things, I assure you, there's plenty of room for that! I always get bad when I skip several days

bobmeatbag: Faces are hard. One would think I should be better at them after all those years no matter how bad I used my time but no.

AnnaGiladi: I don't really know what are you talking about because I rarely draw anime and I don't tend to show it anyway... Well I don't really know what I put here and when... I always will draw very stylized stuff because many of my ideas are simply like that but they will be just quick fun stuff. I like semirealism better. And as time passes, I stand anime faces less and less, though I never wanted to do such obscene things with eyes as most anime do.

Lightship, untier: But I don't want to do any finished stuff at this point... I wanna do sketches. Good sketches Flowy gestures. I have a lot of knowledge I can't use, mostly because the very basics are missing. And I'm lazy too.

I did nothing in the last days (well I at least realized it and read McCloud's Making Comics again... I like that book), before it was a lil bit better. I drew gestures. It might seem a tiny step but I tried to use my memory (with funny results sometimes) and did simple own ones as well.

Me and my boyfriend Alvaro attended a 8-bit computer party at the weekend, there was a lottery this time, we both won a beer They are in the past now just like our other beers in the fridge. It was HOT until now, you know. My brain went on holiday and stuff.

It was the first time I actually drew at the party and more than a few very bad life gesture drawing. Geeks in comfortable t-shirts and shorts, it's not that exciting to draw and they kept moving. The hot chick who usually there was absent

More figures and some birds, only simple sketches will arrive later.

Thanks
    headstudies, yay! really like your last bunch of carton/stylized stuff
    and to reply you from my sketchbook, go ahead and post it, i dont mind at all

45. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    8-bit computer party? Sounds so cool!
    I also like really much these cartoon-style drawings.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    rumpenstiltzkin: I don't really call them head studies. I just designed some heads. Head studies would include interesting angles (I even has problems with 3/4 view let alone tilted heads. I keep trying but I rarely put the latter here), structure, lighting, whatnot.

Satu: It's always cool, this year there was a bit weaker... despite the beer tent and buffet (with bad beer, we bought some in the nearby shop). I decided to go back to C=64 drawing and I wish to code as well. I made a group a few years ago, it have to do something already (the name is Lézerkasza, it means laser scythe. I love scythes). Sorry if it's more than you wished to know, I could talk about it for ages.

I forgot to mention last time, I was asked to use drawing problems on an iPad on the party. They were mostly really troublesome to use, even for simple line drawing (I couldn't do anything else with them), they reacted extremely slow. There was one I'd use for quick gesture sketches where I just do very quick strokes and I don't need feedback soon, the brushes were ink like and somewhat fun.

Traditional stuff part II.
    I'm sorry, I really try to avoid put my pencil stuff here, it always got too awful in the end.
    In the first bunch, totally copied stuff, mostly from rumpenstiltzkin (the figures). I have my rumpenstiltzkin flowy period, did I mention it already? There's some Naidy (faces) too.
    Name:  mostlyrump.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  217.2 KB
    I looked at the refs very rarely here, a bit more in the case of the birds (I used my old copied bird sketches, I like to do that, there's less info and it's less of a copy that way, more brain work is involved).
    Name:  birds_fig0711b.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  282.1 KB

I returned to Tegaki E. Roleplaying with my beloved characters gives so much motivation and inspiration... And I'm a lil bit better with figures now. I wonder how these not study pics of mine will be... Ugly and not right, that's sure but it's okay if they will be somewhat useful.

Stupid blurb and nothing worth to show... I'm a bit down now, I don't do anything and when I try to draw my Yukie, the only real result is that I realize I can't draw legs at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,444 Posts

One day you just said to your pencil;
    “You and me got a job to do, you’ve
    got the graphite and I got the brain”
    And that how it happened to be, you exploited
    the little pencil in a right way. You can never count
    out someone of your caliber, there is a reason why
    you are a champ. You proved more than it’s needed
    to be proven. Every line and stroke leads to a greater
    understanding of higherness. You can zig-zag or jig-jag
    but no matter what you do, you will always wear
    the winning hat. I am betting on you this time. Again.
    My eyes are going over and over your sketches
    and they feel like they are eating candies.
    Please deliver more of your paradise to us mortals.

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

50. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your gestures are so flowy and amazing. You have a really cool way of doing the animal studies too, almost documentary-esque in the pictures you choose to study.

DeviantART // My Sketchbook
    If you have the time please show me some love and +watch or come by and check out my progress and crit me!

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like loose and fluid cartoon lines, and your line quality and anatomy improved alot since the beginning.

attended a 8-bit computer party at the weekend
    Too bad, we don't get too many computer parties/demoscenes here in the states.

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love your book man. The skull studies are very cool

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete Hidalgo For This Useful Post:

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast