Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts

I was watching a documentary about the Croatian professional
    mixed martial artist Mirko Filipović who fights as a heavyweight,
    and they asked him about his fears, and his answer to the question
    'from what are you most afraid of' was 'from a Snake'.
    Maybe cause of our birth date being in a same month or something,
    but I totally commiserate with him. So I do not see any possible way for me
    being a snake. Cute and perverted maybe, but a snake, no no. And I
    do not know how could you ever held a snake in your hands. Makes me shiver.
    And I accept your hug. Felt good.
    What a cute little monkey heads, reminds me instantly on the scene
    from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Soft and cute little heads.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wauw those eyes in that last portrait study progression shot are wonderfull!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reading your first post, about you ... it it ... it's like you are me!!!!! At least part of it!
    Seriously! I couldn't draw at all , loved math, studied computer engineering and nearly became a programmer!

I like the stuff you have here, a lot of funny stuff too!
    But where are your finished pieces?
    I looked through page and page and page and see sketches, sketches and more sketches. Sure it's good for learning =), but where are the pieces where you try to apply all your knowledge you won with these sketches? Probably it's just me cause I rarly read this in other threads, but I think for you it could be important to give your pieces a bigger push after you already finished them, like you think "Ok I am done now with it. Mmmh wait, what can I do now to improve it even further? Or how can I use it for this to make it interesting". Like mixing stuff from what you can do and combing them. Setting yourself a theme like a girl(all your girl training to use here) sleeping on a bed, on a nasty cool looking pillow (you had a cool sketch of one in there somewhere XD I have seen it), surrounded by wildly cute looking animals(you can use your animal training here)! A lot of animals and all these cute but dangerly animals are looking to the girl (perspective and construktion).
    If you don't like the Idea, then turn it around, lot of girls around a animal on a table XD or so.

Setting your own bar higher and doing stuff you 100% know you can't do will help you improve too.

Don't forget, whatever you draw, you have nothing to loose =), so you can even change everything when you don't like it.

have fun!
    I can do so little in so much time!

°.°)~ Sketchbook ~(°o° | Deviantart | Pixiv | dreamanime.de

You feel frustrated and don't know where to turn this frustration on? No problem here is your salvation!
    Just critique me in my critique thread and let it all out, please *bow*!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Klaus Reinbach III For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey shiNIN, some great work you've done here, from start to finish and the improvement DEFINITELY shows.
    What worries me is you seem to get down alot because you think you are not reaching your expectations of the quality you want from a drawing. Maybe your ability to greatly criticise your work is hampering your progress, instead of it being at a level you can work with and improve its set so high that more often than not it gets in the way, I dunno something to think about.

I like some of the earlier pieces which have cat like features, and where the hair looks like a tail is very interesting.

Remember even though you may not appreciate your work, others do

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Posts 465 and 468 are really good. (that monkey's adorable )
    You're improving all the time, just keep pushing your rendering/shading. Anyways, keep up the good work!
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    not sure what you're attempting to do with your SB. it leaves no big impression..
    what's your goal?
    my collaborative

join to me to make beautiful drawings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Okay I break my silence and answer you, Catish.
    I have a reply ready anyway (I read and aswer comments frequently - and dump it when I update).
    -
    It was an accident but I love some of Trent Reznor's songs, yeah. I think the other ones are good as well just not for the mood I'm usually in.
    My SB exists to help me to START to draw seriously, it's easier to look back what I did as well.
    But I don't actually seek for help at this point, I need practice first of all.
    My goals at drawing is another thing, I'm not sure but I want to draw humanoids and creatures almost realistically, semi-realistically and sometimes stylized.
    I don't even know why.
    I visited your SB but I don't know what YOU want with it either, I can't criticize your stuff and I don't want to leave empty comments, you clearly stated you dislike them anyway.
    -
    You know you totally may go away and not come back anymore. I won't mind it at the least, I assure you. But we can talk and argue or anything, I'm usually open for such things as well, it can spice things up
    I'm not surprised it doesn't impress you, I didn't even properly started. It doesn't impress myself either Beginnings are like this, well cooler guys has some imagination in the beginning but I can't do much about it.

Whatever, other replies then...

Sivonja:
    The nose again...? Hm I guess its size is okay, I didn't shade it properly, especially at the bridge...? But I basically not good at shading/coloring yet.
    Yep, the mouth isn't okay, it drove me nuts

LtPlissken:
    But you are totally a snake... Sometimes you are warm and silky smooth, sometimes you use your poisonous bite with your insane illogical vampire hating and whatnot.
    Maybe you are right. Snakes are lovelier. They don't say such things.

Oma:
    I thought hard if I should thank your post... they aren't good at all OTL
    My favourite are faces and my favourite feature are eyes and still, they aren't as wonderful as they should be.
    (well I kinda liked her eyes in the second pic but then I messed them up)
    *sob*
    I need to redraw her I see... Or draw another gal who has no such freakish hair color...

Klaus Reinbach III:
    An enthusiastic one I see
    Hey, don't poke me at my sore spots It has no use.
    I don't draw pictures yet. I'm not confident for them yet and I know I should do them anyway but I don't because I'm a lazy hedonist.
    For now, I just try to draw much, no matter what and how. I barely draw.
    And I do spent many hours on many pictures of mine. mainly for the Tegaki ones though.
    And I overpaint some faces later. Doesn't that count at all? Damn.

Pillow (not nasty, there are tasteful nudes there with some nice expressive motivational gestures ) surrounded with cute animals?
    Yay I have to ask Mr. Charming Nonsnake what animals he likes. The pillow is for him, after all. Maybe it will be a little bit nasty, after all... It depends on the terminology one uses...
    Or what animal he dislikes, that would be even better in my opinion. It would... spice things up, you know.

I have ideas for real pictures. They are just piling up...
    I need to start to draw figures. I avoid or at the best case, copy them.

Jay Day:
    Thanks Oh you made me want to draw some of my characters again... It would be good, I know, emotional bond always helps and I love most of them.
    I wondered about it a few times but I think my inner critic just makes me feel worse but he doesn't really keep me from drawing. I'm sure if I drew much every day, I would be much more playful and would draw various things, no matter the quality.
    {hmmm but maybe I would improve much better if I drew real pictures for fun. But now I love studies as well...}
    The worst times are over, sometimes I see something good even in my own drawings I'm more patient even if I have no time to lose (being impatient just would make everything worse).

Naidy: Thanks When I choose a lovely animal or girl, I usually make it/her much less cuter but when I drew the baby monkey, I got near to the original cuteness. Yay!
    (The girl is different, I had a very stylized line drawing reference.)

Pet urns, part I. I know, boring copywork but these are good to start (I should draw after them something I know... I'm working on that part... lazy period again), I neglected objects for long and I study colors and different things drawing them. So I won't stop doing these.

beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)
    ---
    Lately I put more effort into my pictures (I don't mean time though that's often true as well. effort. I really wish to see and understand and I really try) and when I copy, I always make a little palette before. Usually without analyzing the photo too much (I mean, I don't use colorpicking. Sometimes I'm confused so I look at some pixels's color to see what's going on and I create my palette using this knowledge. I can't always see colors with my eyes, very light or dark colors are tricky and of course, the surrounding colors make a huge difference as well).

Today I tried to understand the colors of shadows (form and cast shadows alike) again (i.e. I didn't draw anything for hours just looked at pictures and thought). I think I will experiment with them next time instead trying to figure out how such things works...

Thanks
    Heh good job , yeah that shapes is realy good for practice , specialy second one that reminds on cat ...very good choice

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sivonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts

Hell-o my dear.
    I am not a vampire hater, au contraire.
    I was always choosing the vampire side, when it was a choice between
    them and the werewolves. I do not like those hairy smelly ones, but I like
    vampires. The most what I like is young sexy vampire chicks. With big breasts
    preferably. I was thinking about a situation when a female holds a snake.
    It does not look good, but it sounds erotic.
    Nice job on these last vases or whatever is that second thing?
    A Chinese vampire ashtray?
    I felt a strong rush of blue conditioned nostalgic wave of force,
    running through my head from my mental tuberosity to the back of my
    head, shocking me hardly and leaving me without any air. I was ashamed
    because of my weak mind, and I felt like crying. I took the little Indonesian
    urn sitting by my door and started rubbing it to my chest, hoping that those
    deeds will erase my bad karma, and hoping that I will make my suffering to
    disappear. I honestly hope that I will have some peaceful dreams tonight,
    cause something happened to my subconscious mind. I am wounded.
    Looking at your paintings helped me a bit, but I am not quite cured yet.
    Thank you for being so nice and sharing your beautifulness with me.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Working on your colors is always a good thing, in my opinion. I always found that I learned a lot of color stuff when I was mixing real paints. I don't know what kind of access you have to paints, but I'd recommend outdoor painting the most for color help. Once you get into the swing of things plein air really does become fairly fun.

I think in this instance quality and quantity are both important. Try to set goals for yourself- do one two hour painting a day, from life or a photo (or however you want to set your goal). I'm no color theory genius myself, so I'm half reminding myself to do things like this too .

I really like the face progress montage.

So would you say painting is fun for you?
    "She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Quigleyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    It's spartan camp deadline and I have some stuff... Not what I wish to draw but whatever, I show them. I wasn't motivated, just today but now I was tired (my sleep was disturbed).

Sivonja: I'm okay with my ref choices The cat shape was very hard for me. Elegant, SUBTLE... I'm bad with subtleties, it's so easy to mess it up. But I liked that shape. I always chose something I find pretty - and not too complicated.

Plissken: The second one... It was on the site with pet urns, maybe it's a keepsake. Be well, I'm almost falling asleep so I can't write nice things to you, sorry.

Quigleyer: Hmmm... Maybe time is ripe for that now I don't even touch my colored pencils and other traditional media except graphites (I even use them rarely lately... I should use them more, drawing with pencils is good, computer with Net + me without any self discipline = no good, and anyway, that's something different)... But paint... playing with colors... I will give it a try. Of course, I won't touch oil, that's something serious, I don't think I ever will use it. But I always read about traditional painting...
    Thanks for the idea It crossed my mind before, of course, but I never felt I'm ready for it.

-----
    Copywork, I had a choice, to do these or nothing. Stupid week, I'm sure the next one will be much better. But I'm a hardcore optimist...
    Pet urns/keepsakes again.
    And spheres. Spheres are very difficult to me. They are confusing.
    I had an idea (Plissken's aiming girl sparkled my imagination) but I was too lazy to do it properly (I spent my patience on the bow and the body, even if it's not obvious. I'm slow):

For Spartan Camp, some messy ones but it took too many hours altogether.
    My only fav is the one in the top right corner (I messed up her head. I always do that when I draw bodies, I can't draw heads then. Strange). Well I loved the cropped one but accidents happen.
    Attachment 1157905

I tried to draw her again quickly, but I'm tired and spartan camp deadline forces me to stop now anyway (this week's optional is hair):
    It's a wip with horrible skin colors, I want to do it properly.

Some anime clouds. I made a brush I can use for something, yay! My other, much fancier brushes are kinda useless though I used one for the girl's hair in the previous picture.

Thanks
    Hey there , i think that girl aiming Mr Snake or maybe my heart , but try to not hit us in the fat meat please , we will have troube to sit down then ,and that means no drawing whole weak,... oh maybe that is amor arow damn i not thinked in that way , anyway nice update

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sivonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice sphere studies, you illustrated the lighting well, all you need to do is focus on making them look more round. Great detail on the bow woman too, keep it up.
    "How'd you like them apples?"

->Sketchbook <-

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dsacc For This Useful Post:

Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 ... LastLast