Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 30
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    oh page 30.
    I'm near braindead but I drew the 50 arms with just a lil bit cheat but I did kinda detailed ones too.
    the Korean girls come tomorrow, I couldn't fit them, I feel guilty but not to the extent I would think of harakiri. The arms were the real stuff These:

my thoughts about this whole thing and replies tomorrow.
    I have no regrets

good night

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Cheers for the perseverance for drawing these
    50 hands. You are amazing. But if you did not draw
    Stallone's hand, than you did nothing. So I hope
    that one of those hands are Sly referenced.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    liquorbleu: Hi No, the potential future hardworking and still fun having childish version of mine, that's awesome, I need to get it out of this current self But thanks DSG... I will do them again one day, I actually did quick pencil sketches for the ice formation one.
    I'm glad my massive amount of blurb has their audience. I don't want to write that much but I have to. Walls of text are just coming out. I have too many thoughts and comments about everything.

Aragah: thanks

Plissken: It's not a new development that I think about bones. And muscles, too. But the anatomy studying hours seems to get paid off. It's a silly feeling: you put 10 and 20 and 30 hours into it, you learn something but nothing epic happens and at some point something clicks. Or is it because my blockedness cleared up? Whatever. Main thing drawing is fun and desirable now, lazyness comes sometimes but it's not such a big deal as before.
    Oh, Sly's arms weren't included but you are completely right. I'll draw his arms next time. It will be soon, I definitely need much more arm and hand studies.

Vertical: It's nice to have you here. You says totally wise things I actually know but seemingly forgot. Narrative is important indeed, making sense, livelyness, fun... Oh I remember my problem is with that. I usually have a complete little thing in my mind and I just can't draw it the way I want. I keep saying to myself I don't need a perfect body with full anatomy though Anatomy helps but requires a lot of time. My little gestures without anatomy are too lame, I'd love them to be expressive and flowy. Practice, practice.
    Thanks for the link, I surely will find nice stuff there I can learn from (though, at the first sight it seems it's a bit less tidy than what I prefer, simplicity is never a problem).

I put stuff into the current Spartan Camp topic more often then here... But now I'm here again.
    My sleeping pattern is messed up and I was sleepy in the past days and I even slept during the day (but not at night when I should have), my imagination produced nothing but a few comic ideas (I really need to draw them, it would be a good practice, they needn't to be tidy) but I'm not blocked like in the past now so I did some work done. I'm not pleased with most of them but I did something.

Everyone and their dogs commented poor rushed heron or what was that bird so I drew it again. The background gave me some trouble but it wasn't my main focus so I gave up easily. But it does bother me, I'd like to know how to paint grass fields with spots of soil and leaves in a simple effective way.

Ink bottles. Drawing, sleep, drawing again. Glass is tricky as usual, I need some awesome state of mind to fight them and have som chance for success.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Watch for your sleeping pattern, cause I had a neighbor,
    she also was messing up her schedule and after she flipped
    out and finished on the psychiatry. They held her for four weeks
    there, did not let here to go to toilet or to drink any alcohol.
    They tortured her with electric shocks and they dipped her into
    a cauldron full of hot honey from time to time. After she got out
    from the hospital, she went normal with the sleeping pattern, but
    then last August, she messed it up again, and they took her away
    once more. There is all over the newspaper about messed up sleeping
    pattern victims now. I am just try to warn you, cause you mean so
    much to me. You should get your sleeping pattern right immediately.
    Immediately! Drink some warm milk with honey in it before bedtime,
    and change your socks every evening. Please listen to me. You
    are in big danger! It is nice how you did the female with the white
    glowing part around her. She's got the aura and she shines in the dark.
    You did a magical work on that stork in the wilderness. I like the look
    in her eyes. On the ink bottles the reflection is not so realistic
    but other than that you painted them very attractively.
    Such a beautiful power you have in your hands.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey

whats this I hear you feeling poorly and tired? that wont do, not at all. maybe you have been working too hard and your brain needs to get something sorted out.
    Stay away from your pencils and computer for a couple of days and do something physical, like clean your kitchen, dig over the garden, go for a hike in the mountains or something. You will soon get your self in order, the alternative is several gallons of grain alchohol and beer chasers, which has merrit too.

Hope you get sorted soon my mate, love and best wishes.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lightship, Plissken:
    Don't worry, I'm fine, it's just I was awake dead tired till 3am when I drew those arms... next day I was like a zombie, I didn't sleep enough either (my BF learned his stuff and woke me up just like I always wished. it's problematic is I go to bed late though). So I had a sleepy day, I slept during the day and went to bed late due more than one reasons. Next day it repeated... Circulus vitiosis, I know its meaning so well.
    I like to go to bed very late. I dislike waking up both early and late. And I want to sleep less and live MORE. I will solve this one day I hope.
    Lightship, I keep cleaning into a minimum but I definitely need some long walks. And sunshine. Those 3 cold foggy weeks didn't do good to me, it's one reason I'm not as fresh as can be. I planted some tulips and crocuses today, by the way

It always seems to me I barely draw and then I face zillion lil pencil sketches, why I put every lil crap together I wonder (nope, the worst one aren't here. I could prove I study ribcage and the muscles attached to it but it won't be nice to see my messy sketches done by a 2B unsharpened pencil).

Last edited by shiNIN; December 12th, 2011 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep on truckin'

art is never finished, only abandoned~Leonardo da Vinci

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ezekrialase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It is time for some new anatomy action!!!

Name:  Anatomy.gif
Views: 1475
Size:  211.8 KB

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah man! digging the studies!'its been a while since ive been here.

those animals look really good.

on you figures i would just watch porportions a little more

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for sopping by my SB once in a while. It's encouraging to know that someone is interested in what I do and it motivates me to do better work.

I'm also glad to see you're still pushing yourself and working hard.

I don't know if you listen/ watch the crimson daggers stream but recently Dan had a very interesting discussion on how to best practice and how to kick laziness in the but

Thought maybe it might help or at least you'll find it interesting Click here and skip to about 46 minutes in, the beginning is not that relevant...

Good luck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again,

It's been a few months since I looked in. It's fantastic to see all the portrait, anatomy/life drawing, animal studies, gestures etc.

I love when you polish it to completion like you did with the armor glove a few pages back or the Van Dyk master study. You show a great attention to detail in those pieces.

Anywho, keep it coming!

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Thanks

Fantastic study/reference material. I'll come by your sketchbook thread more often to help me out anatomy.

Thank you for your comments and critiques.

Sketchbook

Blog

Deviantart Gallery

22. The Following User Says Thank You to micahchampion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, whenever I see the way you practice, it gives me a kick in the nut. Your sketchbook is absolutely great, love the works all around. Love the dedication more. Keep drawing like this, and you'll definitely go places.

Best of luck, no crits from me this time.

Sketchbooks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Izene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are all so cute to come here, I don't even understand why am I getting this many comments, I haven't even started yet, I don't draw own stuff or anything... But I'm getting very very close to it!

Today I drew A LOT. Figures, copied, loooosely copied and ownj remembering the awesome ones I copied. I totally use rumpelstiltzkin's (I can never get enough of this name, it's hard to remember but very very interesting) cool life drawings praised by everyone. I learn a lot through it, I'm quite sure my much anatomy studies and figure drawing experiences has something to do with it as well but it definitely helped to click something in my brain about figure drawing.
    It's cool I'm not blocked anymore, it's not just some silly mood, it doesn't go away. Drawing is fun but it takes so much time just to make strokes with pencil in my sb. I didn't draw anything digitally until very late, those tiny tired time produced the following not very serious results:
    Name:  sc205b.jpg
Views: 1898
Size:  86.4 KB
    I did this... yesterday? Refd and kinda okay upper half (it wasn't quite human and I modified, that part isn't so good) and a messed up lower one? Something definitely is off with this but main thing I drew a skull. I shouldn't neglect skulls and heads.

Replies if I left any strength in me before falling into bed. I'm tired, yay, I can break the curse and go to bed early this time. Too bad my verbose level go higher when I'm tired (I can't talk but I can write when I'm really tired).

ezekrialase: thanks, I don't think anything can stop me now that I start to understand and enjoy this whole thing

Plissken: Anatomy is tiring, next time. I think about anatomy every time I draw a figure and I drew quite a lot of them lately. But I will continue my anatomy studies, obviously.

Aragah: My main priority is flowyness, except when I draw my stiff zombies, props are easy to fix or measure, it's just I don't like measure all the time. But it would be really nice to either focus on the whole figure while drawing (I can't do that) or draw a stickman first (somehow it's not a good approach either and I can mess it up later anyway. whenever I put a lil circle as a head, I end up with the need to make it 3 times bigger in the end)... I hope time will solve this, I'm always annoyed when I notice after some work I messed up the whole thing. But I really, really don't worry about it now, I need to be loose and flowy and draw like crazy all day.

dracken: thanks for the link, I will check it out. But the best is against lazyness to have fun I'm getting better at it

Jephyr X: Thanks! Oh, those two. I need to finish them already. They are still wips The guy needs some better hair and the gauntlet has a pair And I doubt I can't find anything to polish even more

micahchampion: Oh my. What a responsibility! I try to make my anatomy studies right and I'm one who totally wish to know where exactly those tricky muscles are. Sometimes I search for several hours to get my answers answered...

Vritra: Thanks Such comments always make me want to make this humble place as awesome as it was called. Or whatever, English is so hard in this late hour.

Izene: Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah wow so much going on in here, great arm studies! and the bird and portraits from post #875 looks really nice!
    and thank you so much for the sweet comment in my SB!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My grandfathers verbose level also went higher when he was sleepy,
    and when he was drunk. But he got staked the last year, so he ain't
    hassling us anymore. We live in a peaceful love full of world. What
    are you doing now? I mean what are you doing when you are not drawing?
    In your last post the helmet nude is a good idea and could be evolved.
    The red skull is fantastic, and it could serve you as a new avatar, but you
    should sharpen those edges on it a bit. Otherwise it is cute and original.
    You could experiment with it and try the light source to put below in front
    the face of the skull. Should create a good moody effect.
    So I will not distract you now, cause you need to draw and paint more
    and more and more and more....

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critical Mass Reached! I'm enthusiastic but wanna talk less

rumpenstiltzkin
    (still a coooooooool name): Oh it's the least I can do, I feasted on your cool life drawing pics in the last few days and leveled up and got much more flowy and I don't fear of figures anymore, though they are still hard to me. I know I needed my own knowledge and experience too but still, I'm deeply thankful to met your stuff when I needed something like that.

Plissken: I mostly draw. When I'm not, I sleep or do things I need to do, eating, starting the fire, such stuff. Really not much else, these days. I try to surf the Net as little as possible, memecenter got me though. But it gives ideas. Childish ones that my inner child likes. I wonder if I will ever mature. Not like I care too much.

I used a figure somewhere in the left for some of my feminine creatures, from Vertical's SB. It was simply too much to me at last night to stay calm and collected. Something exploded inside and I couldn't fall asleep for long. I dunno if my lil drawings are too silly or not but I'm happy and fight against my strict inner critic with a WTFC attitude.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The winged helmeted is surely a sexy creature and
    can suck blood even through the mask.
    Yes, you did overflow with the flow a bit on that
    figure above, but that is the way you train line flow.
    It's good that you finally got your blockage off and that you
    went wild with the figure studies. Just a few more pencil
    strokes and victory is ours. Maybe. Maybe try to pencil
    render out a big full body figure now? Test your skills
    and what you learnt.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ah so good! Those studies are going great, and your values in your digis are looking heaps better too!

Keep sharing!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

36. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great amount of studies, I see someone's working really hard. No crits here this time, just keep on studying, you are doing great!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi darlin

Just glad you are ok. my mate.

Do you want to play again ? draw something weird or natural, choose something its your turn.

all the bets to you and your fabulous BF.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Plissken: Hm... So you know I have some chance now? I always do a quick black mess with pencil, I never could draw a longer one (except some detailed faces but they were tiny too). I'll try But now I focus on digitals, I love pencil so much but digital is colorful, fun and provide update material, it's important too.

JailHouseRock2:
    Really? Cool. I just paint and update and don't comtemplate too much about my improvement, maybe because I always see zillion flaws without looking. But both drawing and painting feels easier, my lines flowier, me more free... and it's just the beginning!

Satupeikko: Thanks! But I should work much much more! I don't even work "hard", I have much more fun than ever And I'm best when I'm having fun. So unfair, my willpower and stubbornness fueled heroic struggles gave nothing close to my current results though it's hard to say, I needed those times and efforts too.

Lightship: Of course I want to play and compete! Sometimes I remembered our one and only round and decided to draw a great and realistic old woman and tell you it's time for another lil competition... It's my choice, then...? I'll think about it, my imagination is zero at the moment, it feels bad, I was much better in the last two nights. I'll try to find something interesting but not too extreme.

The Duke guy (it was in a video "why I have a KTM Duke") from before. He has a less abnormal face now, he will evolve a lot in the future. It's fun, I don't really worry about anything, lines, colors, and definitely don't think about anatomy the slightest. This "careless" attitude usually gives decent results if there's a character I'm interested in.

It's nice to get warmed up till the evening and have doodles that show a lil more than zero imagination... Plus 2 refd figure:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

whohooo, I like how she got that Karate pose
    with her wide hip. She can kick out a Hot-Dog
    from the frozen zombies mouth. Creative indeed are you
    tonight. More nude and more saggy breasts would
    I prefer on my daily menü.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's not my day it seems. But I did something even if I'm not pleased with it.

I actually didn't want to draw more curvy gals but Plissken hijacked me from drawing muscular guys (it wasn't that hard).
    Here:
    Name:  curvy.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  27.0 KB

I played a lil bit in late night in this not so suberb (and after some sunshine foggy, then rainy) day. I'm not good at own stuff by default so all I could do even being inspired is this (that's supposed to be wet clothes if it doesn't clear...):
    Name:  plisskengal.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  56.3 KB

Deal with my not refd quality, it won't be so great but I really need to do own paintings and not just faces, I have some skills at drawing faces even if I neglect them nowadays.

Hey Lightship! I got an idea. If it doesn't float your boat, just tell me and I find some other. I don't know about you but I met quite a few people through Plissken and he's a phenomenon himself, my life wouldn't be the same without him, that's sure We might draw/paint some christmas or whatever gift for him. This would be our next, open-ended theme. It may be serious or a joke and I know his taste is broad enough to provide enough freedom to us. Well I totally think about a certain type woman but it's my own fault How about it?
    (I might do some stuff targeted to Plissken but my heavily refd stuff doesn't count this time, I wish to do a pretty much own painting, I will use references because I need them but it will be far from a copywork.)

I so totally need to finish some of my zillion wips. And I'm getting ideas all the time since my block is gone.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I had a bad hangover this morning, but I have to say that you
    have improved my mood drastically and made my day with your
    post above. Big boooty legs and asses!!!!
    Well, i think that you have a high opinion about me, but
    the truth is I am just an ordinary low life and not a phenomenon.
    But you made me happy and gave me a reason to paint today.
    I have continued your painting, the happy girl, I so much like how
    you did her. I just sharpened up some things on it. I was not liking
    her too muscular body structure so I changed that a bit.
    Thank you for doing all this, you mean so much to me.

Name:  plisskengal2ndversion.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  plisskengalhead.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  109.6 KB

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

47. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I admit I just jumped at it and do this and that for a few minutes, no ref, no thinking, I don't really have brushes to use on skin either (it's usually okay, I don't need to worry about skin texture for a few years I guess, I have way more basic problems).
    Once I optimalized an assembly code with someone, we sent our code to each other and we always find new ways to reduce its size even if we were stuck with it last time. I always wished to draw with someone.

Sleepy day, I don't have anything else to show yet.

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

You've been KILLING it the past week! Mad props for going at it with full force... But you've probably heard that enough from all of us here!

Ok I think you should give custom brushes a shot! I feel you're more than ready(oh yea definitely) to make them work to your advantage (unlike me, who always ends up making those custom brush stuff look very obviously custom brushy). You mentioned a problem with suggesting grass in the background of that heron and I'll say, use those brushes, they're a very important part of the medium-- to make up for the difficulty in getting dextrous strokes in digital. This I think will allow you to skyrocket to the next level.

Sink into syncronicity, thinking in links. Drinking ink, crinkling blank foreheads and squinting and blinking at things

My Sketchbook
    Mad Spartans!!!:
    Creusa
    n1frit
    Liberty
    Hu-ha
    Deviantart: http://raphire.deviantart.com/

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Raphire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha ha ha you guys just kill me!!

Love the updates and love you guys!!

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Raphire: No. It would be so pathetic to use fancy brushes when I have no idea about lighting, for example, just to get worse results than without them (because my attention would be even more scattered among things, brushes always take very much time, even normal ones, I guess it's why I like pencils).
    I do use brushes when I draw enviros or fur, I did that in the case of the heron's bg. I need to do enviros because I can focus on brushes and colors there. My patience and knowledge is limited, I can't bother with everything, it would be very disheartening. And I would be pretty content with good sketches without any fancy brushes

Lightship: I started some cheesy comment in your SB some time ago but deleted. Not because of the cheesyness but I couldn't explain myself using English well Drawing is wonderful and stuff but to me, having pals here means extremely lot. It gives depth to my little beginner art life or something I get more motivated this way. If I was alone in my room, I'd draw much less. Maybe it's wrong but I'm like this.

I probably shouldn't put every lil crap here but if I assembled it for Spartan Camp... They are still have more value than mindless copies...

I think I need to focus on others than figures, I plan to draw a lot of heads and enviros.
    And I really, really, really should learn the very basics about lighting. I can't do anything without it.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 115