Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    I rested and I drawed only past midnight. a quick a bit rushed dsg sketch. one hour.

and my THIRD page! I should regularly make studies already... *sigh*

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    a tiger iguana?
    thats a cool idea man!
    are you going to work on this more?

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    You should probably work more on your forms and shape and values before moving onto colors. DSG with pencil? You've got good ideas. It's nice to see that you're actively involved

Keep doing the studies!

Thanks
    Heya! Good to see you working on anatomy (and other assorted paintings), I must admit I've never wondered at the results of successful intercourse between a tiger and an iguana, but good attempt nonetheless! Don't do too many digital paintings at this stage, a lot more drawing! You were getting somewhere with your pencils. Keep up the effort!

Thanks
    whoa, visitors!

thank for your opinions
    the reptilian tiger was only a dsg entry (I rarely make such ones nowadays, but sometimest I can't resist. I like creatures and I needn't wonder about the creature base colors at least), I wish to draw my failed dsg entry, the vegetarian dragon instead
    but not now.
    I know very well, colors and digital is too early for me. I don't learn or study it, I just make some entries for activities. they're too tempting... I learn a lot in the process, though. but I have huge problems with colors, perspective, composition, lighting... I don't even learn them, I spend my currently very little energy for human anatomy and poses. but I can't make ONLY ugly pencil figures for months... (I love skilled pencil drawings and I'm so lame with pencil too. I lack simply everything)
    I need to enjoy drawing and I like playing a bit with digital, despite the results. I need my dear pencils too, of course, but I need help from both media to keep my tembling drawing spirit alive

in 1 month there will be a computer party. I need coding again (coding isn't exactly the same as programming, but similar), but the very hot summer is almost over, I wish to draw much too!

some pictures, but in the future I plan not to show every messy sketch...
    I was extremely tired this week, but I did a spartan camp entry. I'm not pleased with the quality at all. a part of my entry:
    some life drawings, poses from photos, 2 loomis figures and the optional.

Thanks
    You're on the right track, keep up the studies!

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook

Thanks
    Hello shiNIN! There is nothing wrong with trying to color digitally from time to time. Its perfectly natural to try and want to get accustomed to things
    from time to time.
    All i can say is that I see some improvement in your work and that you continue
    pushing yourself.

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

Thanks
    Surion, the ANGRY filipino: thanks!

well, this week... not much activity by me. there was NO spartan camp, but I did some referenced poses, of course. and a few vague attemps with real animals. I tried make another little holiday... well, I'm glad I'm back. the wild bees in the forest were the exciting and not the worst part...
    but the hot tiring summer is over, I hope I will make much more studies in the autumn!

Thanks
    I am like you , still very noob at this. Skill is something you develop over time , so we need time and organization to acquire it. We need to fight for the dream that one Day we will illustrate our fantasies so vividly that people will be lost inside them. I think this dream is worth sacrificing tons of free time.

Your Studies are quite good , I like them alot. Do not let life get you down, keep working and enjoying it at the same time. Do not let yourself feel the pain that will cut your motivation in pieces. I would love to see you progress , because your progress will motivate me and all noobs out there.

Have fun and keep them coming.

So you think , that you are a noob ? Wait till you see my sketchbook.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=135839

If you want something better then listen to my music

http://www.soundclick.com/kilon

Thanks
    Great job with all the studies! I especially liked your little adventure with hatching! And hmm...maybe I need to look into this spartan camp thing, It seems like it helps alot

Warning! Drinking lots of beer can impair your senses. Please do so before you view my sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...17#post1821417

Thanks
    kilon: thanks, your words are wise, I think the same (maybe it wasn't a very humble sentence ). well, I don't feel I'm sacrificing my free time... I was never good with using my time and drawing is one of the best things I can do with it! I always loved if I did something creative and produced something nice and/or interesting, for example a rotating truncated octahedron in 256 bytes, with a generated palette and everything well, it was about thinking and limits, but still, I didn't sit at home watching tv and eating and that's all...
    my feeling about the fellow beginners' improvement is the same too

Nadesican: thanks! yeah, the spartan camp was useful for me. spartan camp, anatomy studies, critique center crits, attention to the interesting human body... they formed a great combo.

a few recent pictures. at(? with?) the girl head I was influenced a bit, the others is completely by myself. these show I become a little better, not my copied things...
    the last one are The Doodles When I Realized I Can't Even Draw An Eye I think I need some deeper thoughts and perspectivity for my heads too...

Thanks
    Hey there you got an inspiring sketchbook! Its good to see you are focusing much on studies ( i am doing the same atm). A tip is to not only draw from books or photos but from life aswell. I think its good to balance those two.

Anyways i will keep watching your book

Sketchbook

See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    His thought is slow but always kind;
    He holds us all within his mind.

Thanks
    Hey shiNIN! Glad to see you started your own sketchbook, so i can return the comments . You gave me some useful crits some while back, and I haven't forgotten. Glad to see you making such an effort, I'm always inspired by people who start from ground zero and work their way up, no matter what. That kind of determination is worth praising. I will be checking your progress if you don't mind.
    So far i like your goat studies, very expressive and Woordenboek, your creepy zombie wood/straw trigger happy hobo guy, and his orange mutated frog (ugy nez ki mintha megakadt volna az evolucios skalan az ebihal es beka kozott ). They are very colorful and seem to have a personality, and even from your first posts with them, the viewer can already put together a story in his head. Which is really cool. Not many characters make you place them instantly in a story in your head. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Hmm..i smell improvement. The mouse u did is nice.
    i would like to see some head study. Keep those gesture study coming.

Thanks
    Gorgoleon: yeah, I do very little real life drawings, though when I do I always feel how much more information I get... I mostly draw humans and strangers keep moving and wear clothes (I like challenges, but it's too much for me), but I should draw my Love who is cooperative (if I am quick). he would like to see some illustrations for his story by me, after all and I always have myself... too bad neither of us is a slender beautiful girl

Galador: well, Belly is originally a carnivorous plant. but as a part of a story, "she" needed some personality, agility, and she's cuter with eyes... so I carried away. she may look like a frog, but she is not, she has a tendril and 2 legs just like the attacking plants in the game Wizardry 8...

yinteck: thanks! I'll making gestures every week, thanks to the spartan camp without it, I'd do less and if I'm tired, I'd skip a week or two... *sigh*
    I'm only at the beginning. I know something about the human proportions and form. something. and I have to learn very much about perspective, balance, dynamism...

an unusual pic from me: some fish (for the current spartan camp. I need a kick or two to draw something nonhuman) and I used hatching. I've read about hatching with a pen, well, a pencil is different, I have more freedom, so things are more complicated, now I'm experimenting with it.

Thanks
    Hey Shinin. I think your doing very good. Your definitely very motivated.
    It's good to see your doing lots of different studies. Keep at it !

- Freddy

Circle of Friendship
    (I know, I know,... sounds gay)
    Joe - Mario - YOU COULD BE HERE ! - Jebus Terminator

The rain it raineth on the just,
    And also on the unjust fella.
    But chiefly on the just, because
    The unjust hath the just's umbrella.

- Lord Justice Bowen

Thanks
    Freddy: yeah, I will I will make other studies too, I think it's time for some perspective studies and I try to draw hands again...

a few poses from my Spartan Camp #57 entry. sorry for the presentation quality, it's montages from indoor photos... next time I will be more careful!

Thanks

a productive weekend? miracles do happen!

it's Saturday without any program, so I have the whole day for drawing you know, priorities... other things can wait. I have time, but I need efforts to spend it for actual drawing.

it's September and still very hot here... I'm kind of lazy... and I never have much patience.
    I am a bit sad. I just wish for some more detailed sexy girl, but I don't like the starting sketches so much, so I didn't render them any further.

Name:  gals.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  28.4 KB

I'm not pleased my still life drawings. the real thing is much more nice.

Name:  alv.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  24.0 KB Name:  alv2.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  30.9 KB

a hand as an evidence I am able to mess up even a very simple pose...
    Name:  hand.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  4.7 KB

*sigh* I make some anatomy studies now, maybe my weak foundations is the problem. maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but I can use some study anyway.

Thanks
    NIce line work at the last 2 post.
    Keep it up

Thanks
    Hi shiNIN!
    just keep it up! I am happy to see you are doing a lot of figure studies!

Thanks
    yinteck, the ANGRY filipino: thanks I'm touched that you came to my really humble SB again...

my entries for the sprite animation activities till now. dust and explosion. I am a complete beginner in animation and though these are created in Flash and then I convert them to animgif, I'm still a bit pleased I made them.

Name:  shinin_dust.gif
Views: 443
Size:  4.7 KB Name:  shinin_kaboom.gif
Views: 344
Size:  6.1 KB

and a few little drawings.

Thanks
    I love your animation , especially the first one . It reminds me ROADRUNNER.

So you think , that you are a noob ? Wait till you see my sketchbook.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=135839

If you want something better then listen to my music

http://www.soundclick.com/kilon

Thanks
    Hey shiNIN, keep cranking up those gesture studies. They're extremely usefull.

Thanks
    kilon: thanks, it's good to hear/read for my first animations, they are okay, I think, I'll be better. I do a normal sprite animation this week, pixel, outlines... and it will be a character. it won't be easy, but I'm looking forward to it!

pantless wanderer: yeah, I feel so too... my main interest is the human figure and I'd miss the gesture studies if I didn't do them

I did another dsg. I was motivated and I know I made the pose better than before, but I was still uncertain (especially with my tablet. I started with pencil sketches as usual) and I need far more time for such a picture, 2 or 3 hours are so little, I rushed it. the original had (extremely sketchy) legs too, of course, I'm that type, I don't cowardly run away from full bodies
    I will continue or maybe redraw this.
    I need a better face (the previous sketch had a prettier one... the eyes were large there too. maybe I should make them normal sized and show I know the shape of the human skull... I will get rid of this anime feel) and some brave lighting and contrast... maybe I draw her with pencil, though I badly need a decent rendering skill...

Thanks
    Her hair looks so cute with those spooky little eyes!
    Nice one man!

Thanks
    the ANGRY filipino: yeah, I like them too "irigaru!" - shouted my Love, seeing them (illegals from the anime Dennou Coil are black with shining eyes too). I just needed some living hair, my only idea was hairy worms... but I concentrated to the body, I'm in this 'gesture-anatomy-women' track now, I can't do anything else, just poses of sexy gals...

but here is an exception
    I did it for the weekly sprite animation activity. I pixelpainted only for my humble Commodore-64 pics and in animation I'm really a beginner, so I think the result of a few hours' work is okay. I'm not happy with the childish face (it's too tiny, I can't do it better) and the shoes. and the halo should be doing something too.
    Name:  shinin_lilalv360.gif
Views: 370
Size:  2.8 KB

it's weekend and though the weather doesn't make good to my mood, I'll have time for drawing! poses and maybe some other things will come. I plan a perspective study (at last), a quick digital still life and a some more detailed pencil drawing. I have to do so much!

Thanks
    I wasn't really active in this week, but I did my gesture studies.
    I think they became better I rarely mess them up now and the lines are cleaner.
    here are some. I mostly used a harder pencil, then a softer one for the final lines that I draw very quickly. they're never mindless copies, except the Brigman ones, their lines were too visible (unlike photos and bad-quality youtube videos )

I included the pencil sketch for my gothic girl and animated haibane boy.

Thanks
    Good studies mate, do more studies of heads and try constructing your own, you will get rid of that 'anime feel' more quickly that way. Some of your figures in the studies are really good, but others feel a bit too lanky. Try to 'feel' out the form when you draw. Your linework seems to have improved since your earlier posts, remember to keep the strokes confident and minimal, and keep up the good effort!

Thanks

my dear diary, I'm a bit sensitive today...

..though it's funny when I realise the obvious from the comments I get...

Farsh:lanky figures: oh really. I was half-conscious about it, well, I like lanky figures too much, I fear... it seems I was busy with the main bumps of the body and the vertical proportions. I try to keep in my this too
    besides, I plan to make normal people too, people like me, not ideal slim and tall... but for now, it's easier using the type I like most.

heads: I tried drawing heads now. not epic fail (the gothic girl's face, that was epic fail...), but I don't like the result.
    today I drew some ears, noses, eyes and mouths. I still have no idea how an ear looks like and the problem is I'm not very interested in it and my hedonist memory is working based on interest. noses are trickier too.
    and I can't draw hairs.
    heads are important for me, in the past I drew many of them, though bad ones. now I'm concentrating on bodies and strangely, if I draw full bodies, I can't concentrate on drawing heads, even their size is problematic (the one I'm concentrating less became much smaller than it should be).

and in the past weeks I barely draw anything beyong entries for activities. it's not my intention, it's just like this for now (it's a long 'now'). I'm struggling with making drawing a habit. I sacrifice all of my free time, but it's slow and sometimes everything is against me, weather, my energy level...
    I hate whining

maybe I should give it up for a bit, there will be a computer party soon and I need to code a 256 byte intro and I just draw gestures or do nothing instead.

now I will be in bad mood (oh, morning, with the joy of cleaner lines... OK, I'm not good with drama ), then I'll revive again, with fire in my eyes! I HATE losing. and I'm extremely bad at sinking into depression, when my mood is bad, I always become cheerful soon

a little pasque flower paint, about 20 minutes, I'm slow... for the spartan camp, of course. it's nothing compared to the reference photo, I love the texture of petals... but I don't use textures yet, only a few ps brushes.

EDIT: oh, I forgot to say: Farsh: thanks, I'll try harder!

creating this SB was a must for me, I can't bear having this and not doing my best for long... I'll get over these pathetic struggles (and have other struggles )!

Last edited by shiNIN; September 14th, 2008 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Heya!

I like the white aura around the stem of your flower very much - reminds me of these:
    http://www.interraweb.com/gast/kruid...ldeman3222.jpg

And the flash animations are lovely, I'd love to see them step-by-step... It's supposed to be my field of study but I haven't gotten around doing a whole lot of effects animation so far, and I hardly know how to do anything in Flash...

They way you keep being motivated and productive is heartwarming and inspiring to say the least though, it's a good thing you have this sketchbook here.

Continue the critique at Deviant Art

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast