Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 29
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Plissken: Come on, it was only a decent photo, nothing to be so excited about. It would be nice to draw much more suggestive girls too...

Raphire: Oh, thanks, I don't say my usual self critical junk text here now but I really haven't even started yet. I need to draw so much more and various things
    I really feel the need to do something own, various forces are fighting in my mind nowadays.

I cut my right index finger (under the nail, to make things as bad as possible with a lil cut) No big deal but it hurts. I use it, like, for everything, including drawing, so it's a bit troublesome for me now.
    The weather got better though.

I can't say if pelvises or hands are harder to me. These little sketches don't show the many hours I tried to understand this important part of human anatomy.
    They are some mix between line drawings and value sketches, it just happened. I used references and added some randomicity in my part I guess. I'm kinda sleepy now. Oh that red line is something called ilio-whatever line I guess It's totally visible in x-rays.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Pure hotness!
    You feeling for values are getting sharper
    and sharper. Magnificently effective delivery.
    Two more laps and you will be like Schumacher
    after his first shoe session.
    Never think down, you always think up.
    Your six sense is now just like
    a third hand on a
    butterflies glance.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of great stuff since last i was in here, and nice work on values and the pelvis studies.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice going dude. nudes look sexy, the animals are great too. your improving!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone ~

Plissken, I did fine reading your post till I reached the butterfly stuff but I guess it's one of the things one needn't to understand, just enjoy Thanks

Sunshine!!!!!!! Warmth! The world was much more beautiful today than in the last two weeks. It's too little to make me draw though. It's annoying because I totally see what I should do, it's just not happen.
    A kinda failed portrait of Hale Berry (I know, resemblance isn't good enough, maybe best in the one before the last, despite the differences in proportions... those fabulous eyes are so hard to draw):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have improved super amazingly since the start of this thread. Honestly it's brilliant. Keep up the great work

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Roope Maatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what, awesome piece this last one, good values, proportions and placement

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wrulf: Thanks for the visit. Of course I did, it's been YEARS... But it's so little, I need to get serious and speed up my improvement. I'm quite sure I know much more than I show. Getting serious would make a huge difference very quickly. Pop in another time and you'll see, I hope

Aragah: Thanks. But, but... the original is different I resized it to 200% (note for self: always, always draw in bigger size if it's a portrait ) and worked on it a lil bit more (I tried to apply color but it doesn't work for me, I need to start with color if I want a colored one). Damn, I don't understand this photo, I dislike brainless copying and I have problems with brush settings as almost always

More pelvises. I don't even say my opinion of my quality and quantity... But pelvises have a very complicated shape, it will take some time to learn it. I improved at it a lot, I can draw one by myself now, a simple one without proper values but still. These are referenced.

I studied anatomy in the last few (foggy damn damn damn) days!!! I did but a few somewhat messy pencil sketches but I forgot to shot them, maybe tomorrow The weather forecast really, really says it WILL be sunshine and warmth. We'll see. We had a single sunny day in the last 2.5 weeks and NO RAIN (or snow) in the whole November. The whole year was quite dry. Stupid weather
    But I wanted to talk about my studying Anatomy is wonderful, too bad it tires me horribly, I can't learn data, I need logic and while the human body is full with it, it's practical and things attach into logical places, it's too difficult to learn it all so I have problem with memorizing bones and muscles. But now I have some breakthrough it seems. I got more serious and put effort into it (not just looking at anatomy drawings and photos for hours). Now I need to practice like crazy
    A while ago I had no confidence and desire to draw, I'm not like the enthusiastic beginners who bravely jump into any difficult scenes they totally can't draw, I need to understand what the hell am I doing. I was somewhat braver in my Tegaki E period (and in Ahhhs and Oooohs long ago, mmmm. I still miss that inactivated part of CA, it was fun) but it still was hard and my results were bad, of course. I simply couldn't be serious enough. I studied but my knowledge had too big holes (oh that zillion times when I forgot where the triceps inserts, for example... I kept forgetting, again and again and again. I didn't see its logic and was lazy to search for it, the logic, I mean, even the simplest stuff took forever ).
    I stop now, but I'm enthusiastic and use this topic as my blog anyway.

I plan to do some cute anatomy studies, I realized skeletons must be damn cute, pretty and fun with some muscles on them Even if I never heard about quadratus lumborum or transversus abdominis until this very day. Anatomy is a formidable opponent I must say.

I'll bring some new stuff tomorrow ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey

Came by for another look at the old SB and I honestly love that portrait/ face of the girl she almost looks like halle Berry, but I honestly couldnt tell you why it falls a bit short I'm not good enough as an artist and I also could be simply wrong! shes georgeous anyway good job my mate

all the best

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    {I'm sorry I didn't slept well so while being somewhat inspired, my English sucks. I just wished to express myself, it doesn't need to have any value as a piece of literature, though the two things are somewhat connected whatever.
    I'm totally using this topic as my personal blog now.}

WHERE IS MY PROMISED SUNSHINE? WHERE?

These words kept clashing against the walls of Emily's mind. The smart 7 years old child felt frustrated like never before. She had a very fortunate personality and a happy family life, she - figuratively speaking - lived inside a magical sphere that protected her from most harm, it's true, but she does experienced things don't always go as they should. But this was different. It was a true shock. The stability, hope and happyness that enveloped her two weeks ago as strong as ever, started to crumble in the first few cold, foggy days. She knew it will stop one day and she can enjoy life running in the sunshine.
    What continuous awful weather couldn't do, weather forecast could. It kept saying it will be a nice tomorrow, with sun and warmth and even rain. Emily knew the soil badly needed it, her parents always explained her important things in the way their beloved only daughter could understand. There was even a day as they promised. Emily thought it's over, it will be all okay from that day on. But the fog returned and it didn't look like it feel any desire to leave the area in the near future.
    Weeks seemed so very long for Emily, especially these days. Along with the weather frozen in fog, it seemed this will be forever. Trapped. Evil spells. Hopelessness. Despair.

She kept looking into the disheartening outside world and was too lethargic even to cry.

Her parents observed her from behind. Her mother whispered into her husband's ears: "I don't think we should tell her there's no Santa. Not this year."
    The man replied: "Well you should know. You are the child psychologist."

Last edited by shiNIN; December 2nd, 2011 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow a lot has improved since the last time I've seen your sketchbook
    diggin all your studies and the notes your taking aswell
    keep it up and keep drawing anything you think looks cool
    till next time
    -Jamie

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "I'm so happy Santa has brought me a kitty!" - squeeked Emily in joy, hugging tighly the fluffy purring little animal.

The parents looked at each other and smiled. A merry fire was cracling in the fireplace and the stars were shining far far away "behind" the the thick fog.

{Dammit I dislike cheesy ends. My normal written stuff has death(s) in the end, my undead character kills his last emotions, burns down his own house or a village... Such things calms me when I'm unwell. But I'm well now. Not fit for writing. And while the cat could bite Emily, it would be hard to turn this into something dark and still keeping the weather/emotions whatnot. I'm not in mood for any thinking. I never think when I write stories, they develop by themselves.}

Lightship: Hi, it's always good to see you here ~
    The new verison starts to resemble her in that photo... Whatever, I know very well I have problems with resemblance sometimes and I should work on my head drawing in general

OmertA: Thanks! I feel I can improve quicker in the near future, I'm pumped up, anatomy, beautiful human body in and out, I come and discover some of your secrets!

I promised some stuff. Careless, not-sufficient-light photography by me.
    Part I, I put these into the Spartan Camp topic too but it's not up yet, Anthis must be busy again. I miss the usual liveliness there, it's not your old Spartan Camp, folks, it's a merry party of people who are refreshingly different

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can have some idea what I did in the last days. I barely drew but I looked at anatomy pictures A LOT, and this time I felt I memorized them better than before.
    Maybe because I was able to grab my pencil and draw. They don't cost much time but were helpful.
    I couldn't study anatomy because I have to. I do because I enjoy it, anatomy is fascinating

Lav is offline Student Animationfilm Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies Don't worry if you can't remember everything of the anatomy, the important thing is to understand how the volumes look like when you do figure drawings. But I agree, anatomy and just the way the human body works is so fascinating

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    apply your studies! xD

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The best way to test myself, which part of anatomy knowledge
    do I lack most, is to do imaginary drawings. For example, I get to
    the pelvis area or to the neck area and I do not know how to draw
    it, then I am sure that the next studies have to be neck or pelvis studies.
    That is the way I roll. However, not to lie, sometimes, when I am not ambitious
    enough, then I just open a page randomly from some anatomy book and try
    start copying things. But, studies as studies are great, but as Ram said, you
    have to use them finally in something personal. When I was doing the toilet
    comic, I was drawing females sitting on toilet for a week before. I was
    training in forth for that comic. So I had a goal.
    You should also have a goal in forth maybe. Not saying that you do not
    have, but try not just bouncing the ball in one place. Play something.
    Trying to be wise here, and you are saying in your head; [what a f**k is
    he talking about, when he has no idea about anything]. Hahaha
    That Christmas story that you wrote is so nice. I like it really.
    Got my heart warmed up a bit and I spilled a tear or two.
    So, do not stop now.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lav: I don't want memorize everything, just the important muscles and the bones, important tendons... For a long time, I even had problems with the most basic ones. It looked like I have NO memory at all and it's so painful, my memory was always quite good. If I found logic what I've learned... I almost unable to learn something that doesn't make sense to me.

Ramalooke: It's impossible for me now. I had a much longer reply in my head all day, it was quite troublesome but it's pointless to write down now. In short: I just started to do serious studies, I need to continue them, especially because they are fun and I'm unable to do much else anyway. I tried to draw a human (muscle study, profile view) and I ended up a pelvis and a femur. Bones are too interesting and how could I draw a figure without knowing how they look like? And I definitely don't know. It was the first time I focused on tibia and fabula but it was still half-assed. And my ribcages are horrible because drawing ribs are troublesome.
    And so on but I have no imagination now either. And if I will be able to draw something by my own in the near future, it must be an enviro. No way I could do anything else, humans are very complicated and I want to know everything that's important.
    Maybe it's no good if someone like me is serious it's easy being lost on details of bones But it's fun.
    I wrote already my biggest problem is I don't practice. That would solve all my big problems regarding drawing.
    {EDIT:much, much later}
    But if you don't mean an all serious complete full-fledged pic just some own sketch-and-some-more-playing, yep, I need to do that In the last days I was kinda content with drawing pelvises from _memory_ (in the lil time I actually drew something), not much time ago I was lazy for even copying anatomy stuff (copying isn't so much fun, after all but anatomy seemed so troublesomely hard anyway. my forever lazyness combined with my massive reluctant-to-move art block is a deadly combination for art ).
    Aww, don't trigger so much thoughts and feelings in me, I will write them here Sorry.

Plissken: I would be glad to bounce the ball in one place. I usually don't even play with the ball just do nothing.

I could start to draw before it was night. It's a special day. But then comments get me out of this, sometimes it happens. I tried to draw a fun pic by myself but I abandoned it before the first stroke of my sketch. Typical. My ideas are either boring to me or too difficult for me. But it's okay now. I need to do studies, I did nothing or mindless studies till now, almost always. It's a step forward.

But it's not important for anyone but me. There are fights in me in order to start to learn to draw already. I'm hopeful this time.

Some of our medlars ripened. (I need to draw something to update and stop answering the comments in my head. Besides, it's pretty.)
    The grayish parts are supposed to be dry, there are some moisture on it, it was shiny when I started but I was slow.
    I can't focus now But colors are fun. The shadow was horrible, how am I supposed to draw something like that? I don't even understand it at all

Last edited by shiNIN; December 3rd, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're self critical as always, but you're still working and you're still progressing all the time. That's the bit that matters the most, really. As long as you keep working as you are you'll get the hang of things. I still get a surprise looking through your early pages and flicking back to the current ones. You've come a long way with your digitals. Keep up the good work, mate. Hope you start feeling good enough about your skill levels to start embarking on pictures for fun, and making ideas in your head come to life.
    You're almost there, mate. Just keep at it. Pleasure looking through your stuff as always.

Last edited by Naidy; December 3rd, 2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Grammar that would bring tears of blood to my english teacher's eyes
    Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn i love the animals from post 843, nice work dude

-We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

My SKETCHbook
    http://jeeso.deviantart.com/

31. The Following User Says Thank You to The Jeso For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey

Dont get me wrong darlin! thats a damn fine image of old Halle berry! and heaps better than anything of mine I would just love to help you out with it as I know how critical you are of your work, you will hate this until its dead on. Sadly I cant help you with it, I've looked and looked but either I'm too tired or too stupid (or both).
    Your'e right too once you get into it anatomy is weird but fascinating all the very best to you my mate.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job keeping up your sketches, and don't worry you're progressing along fine. Soon you'll be able to get down all of the wonderful and complex images in your head down on paper in a way that satisfies you, and It'll be awesome.

art is never finished, only abandoned~Leonardo da Vinci

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ezekrialase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like Ltplissken's suggestion for testing your knowledge about anatomy. It would keep from getting too contempt with drawing skills and it would show weak points in knowledge.

I like your little study of a rose bushes berry, hope that is what they are called. The values read correctly and it has a painterly feel to it. The grayish parts don't look dry.. Although they seem to give a feeling of depth. Keep working and no excuses >:3. you gotta just punch your laziness from here to Timbuktu. You're progressing so keep it up .

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Roope Maatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, thanks a lot for the comment!I feel ya on the losing your imagination thing, it's gotten to be hard to do anything but studies...know what might be a good solution? Your problem is whenever you draw you default to anatomy stuff right? so stop drawing anatomy for a while. Just draw what you like. Force the subject out of the part of your brain where the agents of study and realism have locked up pure nonsensical fun. You can draw figures if that's what you want but don't get preoccupied with what's right. Not everything you draw has to look good. I've been just drawing characters from clips video games I like and then drawing them from imagination for example.
    Maybe this is kinda extreme, but I was guilty of thinking anatomy was going to mak e me a better artist for a long time...you need anatomy of course but not as much as you need the fundamentals and principles and stuff, and WAY not as much as you need to have fun

this is really wierd advice, huh? Well good luck, you're getting way better!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Samszym For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Replies next time, I'm very tired, it's evening and I didn't draw again just shot sb pages and put them together, so pathetic.
    I have some wips (I have zillion wips already dammit) and a... well, imagination thingie, it's AWFUL, I so totally not followed my own rules I preach in Critique Center Well, I guess a "who cares" attitude isn't all bad in the very beginning... And she's wearing way too much clothes anyway. Santa clothes or not, how will I have an erotic series featuring our two bikes in girl form this way? Well, my bike isn't much of a woman, she's a playful lil girl with tiny boobs but it doesn't mean she can't be sexy in a cutesy way. I have, like, zillion ideas, I needn't even to think, just ride and ideas are coming.

It seems I can write. I reply then.
    I wrote the one for Naidy back then when I've read her comment:
    Thanks! It's good to read your words, I agree, I'm almost there, I did a little breakthrough and maybe it's a big one after all. I felt I don't understand my favourite subject, human body at all, I was blocked and I tried to squeeze stuff from myself but a hedonist doesn't work that way. But now it changed and I desire to draw everything but I can't do it at once I feel great And very, very unskilled. But it can't keep me having fun.

rem92: thanks I kinda "use" animals when I need something to done for Spartan Camp that I probably won't mess up too much... I love animals anyway

Lightship: Well if I just copy something, I expect it to be a good copy at least. But sometimes it just doesn't happen. I need much more practice. I seriously neglect heads lately, I need to stop doing that and get really serious. I always focused on heads, I can get leveled up soon if I put my mind on it!

ezekrialase: Thanks. I feel that time closer than ever. Even attempting drawing my ideas will be a huge step forward

Roope Maata: At the moment, I draw simple figures from memory, add muscles and whatnot. It's still just an anatomy study but not a copy. I can't focus on other stuff yet.
    It's called medlar, according to my research. And it was dry and gray, well I did what I could and I'm happy with the result, especially considering my absent-mindedness that time.

Vertical: I just started to do anatomy sketches, I always was too lazy to start one and even if I did, it was a brainless copy. I love anatomy, I totally want to do moar But I do some extremely simple but a bit loose gestures lately so maybe I will be okay? But my figures are so much better if I keep in mind where the muscles are. It's fun too. I like to use my brain as well. It was ages ago I wrote a program but I still think as a programmer.
    But I think I understand what you say. I got so much good advice here but applying them isn't so easy.
    I know there are more basic stuff than anatomy. I do Spartan Camp since #53, after all. We are at #204. And I've just started to have some idea how to draw a figure... *sigh*. I always said I'm an antitalent. But I kept drawing, even if my attitude or methods were wrong.
    Gesture. Flow. That strange thing that makes the simplest, no-anatomy stuff alive. I wish to learn how to get that. But anatomy, rules, facts seemed easier to someone like me who can't really be loose...
    I drew characters but I usually failed at it "draw them from imagination" part. I know I should but...
    Ouch, I don't want to focus on my totally lame lazy+blocked state of the past, I'm at the point where I can take out the blockedness, I alway will be lazy but it's okay, it even has its benefits, real motivation and having fun is stronger.

Pictures.
    Nothing special.
    I mostly slept and watched Doctor Who in the last days, sunshine arrived by the way, I need to take long walks to get my energy back.

There was a few days when I couldn't think about anything but bones...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!
    I just want to say first of all. You're awesome. I love how much info you give for all the stuff you do.

Second, your progress looks amazing! You passion is really inspiring.

Hallie Berry looks awesome! The likeness isn't perfect but just keep doing those and the likeness will come!

Just wanted to say you've inspired me to try out some DSG

42. The Following User Says Thank You to liquorbleu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    work it man! nice birds

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I went emotional when i saw the sophisticated highly
    powerful way that your part time cat is resting in your bed.
    This kind of little things make my heart to feel like Jack
    Palance felt on his grandmother's funeral.
    Oh, that little sketch that you draw and said that it's
    originated from me, is actually not my concept, I saw
    it also somewhere between someones sketches, I do
    not remember where. The little guy is becoming more
    and more popular and he does not even realizes it.
    Your anatomy is improving, and thinking about bones is
    good, cause it makes your mind to evolve and makes your
    spirit to be less crush-able.
    Fancy looking birds, I guess that you could do illustration
    for some book about birds and stuff. Very nice.
    You made a great influence with this update, once again.
    I was a bit worried cause you did not updated for a few days,
    but now everything is great.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm honored you think I'm worthy to study from!
    But anatomy, rules, facts seemed easier to someone like me who can't really be loose...
    Screw the rules you have imagination! lol. Well don't forget the rules of course, but just keep them in the back of your mind and focus on the life quality you're looking for. It's really hard to get, but I think getting a lively quality is one of the most important parts of figure drawing. Anyway, if you're looking for someone to study may I suggest this blog? i think it has the quality you're looking for in spades. It might help if you invented a narrative for your figures. Just make them doing something, give their pose a story. This will give you something to focus on other than anatomical details and get you to start thinking about how to apply the pose the model's making to what you want. The artsy poses I see a lot of the time on pixelovely and lovecastle would be just plain silly in real life!
    Well good luck, keep learning and working hard!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Samszym For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Replies next time, I'm busy! It started with Little-Maiden who put a huuuuuuuuuge bunch of stuff into the Spartan Camp thread like nothing special happened. We there expressed our admiration, the sheer number was impressive and the quality wasn't bad either. (I know things like this are possible but I always had problems to do 50 gestures)
    The he did it again. I promised the realization of my very old plan, 50 arm studies. And some mongooses and Korean gals, choosing the deadline as today.
    I have so great ideas sometimes
    Here's the mongooses
    Too bad I need much time to get warmed-up then I get tired...

50. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ah, you portrayed the hatching and mating of these
    little sweet creatures in a magnificent fashion. You
    made me realize that nature is not our enemy. It is our savior.
    Such a beautiful enclosed tendency you got toward these
    lovely creatures, I can see it in your work. A fire has
    started in my heart. The Cobra vs Mongoose is fantastic.
    Reminds me on my days in the Sahara.
    You are gorgeous with your new studies.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

52. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 114