Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 26
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Ahoy there, welcome back!
    I like the stuff above, definitely
    like the sTuFF. You are the man.
    Congrats on the new home btw.
    I will come to visit you soon.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, I love your diligence when it comes to studies. Your attention to detail is seriously getting better. Just comparing old studies of figures to the last and you see a big improvement. You must have much more patience than me. xD

Anyways, always good looking through your stuff. Keep up the good work, mate!

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Plissken: I didn't even really started... I really hope my SB would be much more interesting some time later.
    Oh yeah, I want nice parties here! Have I told you we even have a big pool? And fruit trees. I personally love fruit trees.

Naidy: I'm usually not diligent but sometimes I get stubborn. The "orange gal" is a strangely hard one, some more work and I reach the amount of time I spent on the Landseer study. Blending is kinda impossible for me.

I was tired today... and yesterday... I rode my brand new bycicle and it's something different in a hilly environment... I'm so out of shape anyway.
    So I was tired and my mind wandered off. I barely drew anything, most of this was made yesterday:

Very messy but I spent much time on these I need to get over this period...

Oh I never wrote about a painter guy I met in the nearest city (reachable by a bycicle)! He founded something called Avantgarde Art Demonstration. He buys materials and makes cheap canvases and easels for poor young artists He invited me to join this thing (even if I'm not that young and poor), we can talk and drink some tee or coffee or whine or anything and work together (I mean, in the same room) in a small group. The place is tiny but there were a few paintings on the wall, some books... We talked till I noticed my boyfriend (who found this place and showed to me) got really bored I'm the one who can't be productive all alone, at least now, I need others. CA is a nice place but some real meetings are something different We'll see!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the shout my mate, dont worry I havnt jumped ship and left for pastures new I have just been busy is all.

I will post soon, I promise. I cant promise that the stuff that I post will be any good mind you!! LOL

All the best my matey.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work here , i like your figure sketches and all the things around , i recommend to draw tradionally , i'll have more control in the pencil
    keep the good work

Change is such hard work

Sketchbook - Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LightShip69: The main think you will practice and post your stuff It's always sad when I kinda like someone and their sketchbooks and a day it's all forlorn I lost some pals on CA this way. There are some SBs like a second (third, fourth...) home, but at least not just a SB from the many... Aww I can't explain it. You just keep updating, okay?

WaSsiM: Thanks. Hm, to tell the truth, I not just draw very little recently but I almost completely stopped drawing traditionally. Of course it can't stay like this for long, my pencil sketches are important for me. But they are always very simple sketches, I can't do something good looking without the help of digital media But it's okay for now, main thing I should draw, anything. And control isn't one of my biggest problem since I used to my huge tablet anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff. Good updates here.

I really like that study of the woman. The colors look pretty good, even if a bit on the orange side.

Try using harder brushes though. I think your work could really benefit from some hard edges.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't concentrate on my drawing, I need to write a post without an image.
    I wrote these too many times already and I won't write it down again.

1. I practically always use 100% hard brushes.
    2. I probably would get hard edges using 100% opacity all the time but I can't do it. I tried. It annoys me as much as thin lines for line sketches and stop drawing anyway.
    3. I don't give a damn about hard edges at the moment. I have way bigger problems.
    I don't even care about quality at the moment. I can't afford that luxury. My mind is very seriously blocked, it's years now and some continuous practice would do good I'm sure and I fight for it but it usually doesn't happen.
    I really don't know why I am doing this instead of giving it up, I'm clumsy and I show no signs of imagination or anything but I can't help it.
    I like to have an SB even if it has no value whatsoever.

I will update later today. The old boring copy stuff, I hope if I can do them now, I'm very tired and my spine isn't in its best shape (after some tiring bycycle riding, it was the rare type of motorbike riding when one needs their own strength too. nothing fancy just some very very VERY bad dirt road. and stones and sand and pits. with a cruiser ). I don't really know how will I stand up tomorrow. The stairs are bad enough to climb now. And it all affects my mental and emotional state.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well doing studies are beneficial for sure, but you probably are loosing lots of things you have learned doing those studies, cuz you don't apply them to your imaginative work. You need do shit from your imagination. You can sit whole day and keep whining that you are blocked or simply start doing shit I encourage you to start doing some fun stuff xd Draw a pony, or a mermaid or a pony mermaid, whatever Cheers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ramalooke: Yeah I know but it doesn't mean I can do it. I plan to do things but I don't even start it. Enviros, the human form of my bike and so on. It just doesn't happen. I can't try it harder. There's some stronger force on the other side. It's probably me but I have no control of it, it seems. FML.
    (By the way, I drew 3 girl heads from an anime today. It was a tiny success even if they got bad except the kinda realistic one, chibi faces are much harder)

I worked on the first 5min head. Bad I know but it's just a worthless copy anyway so no one should care (it's just a fact without much emotion, I'm damn tired):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I just read your reply to my post.

I am sorry if I offended you, I honestly didn't mean to.

The whole hard edge comment was just me being stupid and posting before I thought things through.
    I just looked at stuff like that girl in orange or the Bison's and they looked good. Even the last face study you posted here looks good, much better than the 5 minute studies you posted before (at the end of post 758 )and I thought you were experimenting with different brushes between those studies or what not.

I thought I was helpful and I feel horrible to read that because of my comments you feel like giving up on your SB and work. Your work is inspiring and I browse your sketchbook regularly to keep motivated when I hit rough spots. Please don't feel discouraged. Art is incredibly hard and it's people like you that make it easier to get through the struggles of grinding through studies.

Your SB has value, not just for you, for me and I'm sure for many other people who can look at your work and learn how to push forward.

Again, I'm sorry if I gave off the wrong impression and please keep up the good work.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dracken: Oh no, it's me who's sorry I know my sketches seem blurry even when I use a hard brush but I can't change it right away and everyone comments about it And as I said, it's not my greatest concern. I would be happy to draw sketchy blurry but not wrong sketches, especially by myself
    This all struggle is stressful and I have my own opinion of things so I'm not the nicest SB owner. I know that.
    Thanks for your support, I really appreciate you keep visiting this SB where nothing really interesting happens. Maybe in the future. I'm seriously stuck right now But I got bored with anything else too so I will squeeze some stuff out of me till I remember how interesting drawing is.

I started to draw a sunset from memory but too much time passed and I forgot what the sky was like.
    It's before 6am and I almost never am awake at this time... Not like it's a valid excuse, I can't draw enviros because I barely ever did that and I just copied every time
    The trees below couldn't interest me much and some clouds are missing but I couldn't figure out where to put them.

But there will be another sunset soon ~

[EDIT] 40 minutes later... Still no sunset and I still have huge problems with clouds... But after looking at the sky, I did this:
    Even the real thing isn't spectacular but I like colors so I was inspired enough. It would be great to paint scenes in every kind of light one day...

(The hills and trees will change shape every time. I won't memorize them and they are kinda boring anyway, I wish to make them slightly bigger and good-looking, but they are just wavy lines for now - just like the original. I saw them from different perspective from every window, I see much more from the lake from the second floor.)

Last edited by shiNIN; October 7th, 2011 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow the dear artwork looks amazing. I believe that you spent lots of time to
    be like that.

grey scale study the best when you do some anatomy and faces

keep it up my friend

Qlotzan

20. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    glotzan: Thanks. Well I was awesome at choosing my reference, Landseer deserves most of the praise I got because of this painting The deer? I drew that in a somewhat long period, I worked on it multiple times, I guess total time was somewhat more than 10 hours..? Almost all of it was really fun because the original was so nice and interesting and colorful. And no smooth blending was needed (I suck at it horribly, the orange nude drives me crazy too), he has fur, not nude skin And I could do my best because I had fun and was inspired.

Oh I have three stars now. Suits my topic much, much more

Today I just played with my brushes, checking which suits clouds and drew nothing just this:

I tried to draw my lovely, beautiful, beloved decorated bronze skull I treasure so much (skull. pretty. shiny. Herz, was begehrst du noch mehr? Hmmm... "oh heart, what else can you wish for?" something like this) a few times already but I always had to gave up. But I can finish it this time. Yay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates, espesially that last one)))

23. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there shiNIN! You have a really beautiful sketchbook here. I really enjoyed going through it. Your studies look really nice and you've made a really good progress. Keep up the great work! Subscribed

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi buddy

I found some stuff in the wip section on clouds that might be worth a look for you, and some of the other guys added to it too.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=227451

Hope you are well, keep up the good work!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You really improved i jumped from page 1 to Last and the difference is unbelieveable. I recommend you to read Andrew Loomis' book "Drawing the head and the hands" or Burth Hogan's "Dynamic figure drawing" the first one being better, it's really well explained, just gotta to be patient assimilate everything. I often take a look at it to refresh my memory.
    Anyway the progress you made is huge !

29. The Following User Says Thank You to FUZION PREDATOR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, my SB got a bit busy
    Meanwhile, I did, like, nothing today. The sudden cold finally hit me, I wasn't too fresh and I always forget I simply should read and copy some book at those times... *sigh*
    I shot the sunset but did nothing with it yet.

in2eternity: Yay! It's such a mess and totally wip but you already can tell what I can, it's not a bad start Thanks. I will definitely finish it soon, today I started to paint when it was almost dark and I prefer natural light even though this skull would look nice in lamplight too.

Satupeikko: Thanks! I feel honored (I should to look at my SB pages sometimes too, I guess it's nicer than I remember, because I saw all the ugly starts and the failed sketches I never showed anyone and the times I didn't draw. Seeing old stuff can be refreshing and good for my spirit, I experienced that already.)

Lightship69: Thanks but I followed that topic even after I posted there. Bob Ross was fun to watch... I guess I just need to look at clouds (I LOVE that) and paint them And learn how to arrange them nicely...

FUZION PREDATOR: Years have passed, after all... Oh and I didn't always have this big tablet... But I learned some stuff, indeed. The difference isn't that great if one compares my not refd stuff, though. Except heads. Oh really, heads. I keep neglecting them. It's bad. What will I do on Self Portrait Day?!

Just a very quick and lazy wip. Refd of course. I think I need to do such things. It's no big deal to paint something kinda nicely in several hours (of course it might be but that's not the point now ) but I usually produce crappy stuff if I have a very limited time (especially if I know it will be a long study) and I often feel lost in the beginning too.
    Hmmm but I don't like when I just use a color that seems similar to the original without thinking about colors or creating my palette in the beginning. I won't always have a reference to depend on. I actually like to think about colors a lot but I need to do it and experiment with it more.
    Whatever, here's the pic:

(Back to my fixed opacity round hard brushes, I used 85% and 33% opacity I guess. And some fancier own brush)

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I wouldn't worry about the brushes. Do a still life instead of copying or imaginative. And stop being so depressed all the time - that's an order.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my SB. It's really encouraging to know someone else is looking at my work aside from me and those I force to take a look

I also like that little frog, looks very content and pretty well rendered

Now please give us more life studies

34. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in a special mood, maybe it will shown in this post.
    I did nothing nice, I just need to use the attachment manager for a Spartan Camp image so I'm here.

Black Spot: I'm not really worried about the brushes at this point but I can't forget about them either Pencils are so much easier, their "settings" are okay to me (at least when I use my fav ones) but they have other problems
    I'm not depressed at all but I can't stop being critical, especially in my inactive periods.
    Still life? Good idea, I like them. Mines are usually very simple, just one object (a simple one where there's a chance to finish painting before I lose my patience). I even got a few edible model. I ate the apple, I have some nuts and a handsome onion on my desk. The onion is especially seducing but I'm an even harder nut than its companions.

dracken: I dunno why but I feel it very easy to pop in your Sb and saying whatever I think so you can count on it in the future too I guess... Life drawing is something I neglect too much, I really, really try to change that. My goals, dreams, plans, ideas and intentions are tired to shout at me to focus on them more...

I was busy with doing other stuff and drew little. I feel too well to feel bad about it I feel much closer to drawing than lately, I have ideas and actual desire to draw and learn, I see the roses, not the thorns No, I just think thorns have wonderful shapes and I don't mind them anyway ~
    My state are perfect, it's just the last little gap that separates me from another version of me who's actually practicing... I'm looking forward to the near future.

I wasn't in my best shape, no, but there are times when making strokes no matter the result is what I can do. I always forgot to shot my paper sketchbook, these are the digital ones in their ugliness. Whatever.

Photo refd. The usual bad relationship of me and ellipses...

Frog wip 2:

Figures... I think it isn't visible but I totally wish to change my approach, I don't want to produce copied stuff without a much, much deeper understanding. Well it was always my goal but I'm more serious about it now.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man! whats up?!?

you seem to have been keeping your stuidies going
    variety is great, those (bull?buffalos?bisons?) and the frogs studies

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aragah: Thanks Those were bisons. I love animals, I often draw them for Spartan Camp, they are so much easier to draw than humans (well because we spot flaws in humans much more, naked bodies doesn't help and so on - and my mood is better when I draw just animals, no very bad memories ~).
    I wish I had a better variety. Especially own stuff, some creativity but at least enviros. I believe drawing enviros would do good to me.

These are from my newest sketchbook, I started it when I moved here. One month, little stuff.

Lav is offline Student Animationfilm Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, it's almost hard to believe that this recent work and the drawings from the first page are from the same person. You've improved a lot, it's very motivating to see

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Lav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I like big outdoor swimming pools, especially in wintertime,
    when they are full of muddy water with some corpses floating around.
    I just so much like when you are less diligent and more stubborn, because
    that whats makes the corn to pop more. Let's say something about your
    figure studies in #755; I had to say something about these cause I felt
    how you strangled your inner demons in a shallow pond of bitterness.
    All you have to do is to keep on doing figures like these are and to
    analyse them from time time and keep correcting yourself with red lines.
    You say that it's messy but I like it messy. Even that white stocking girl
    with a body builder neck like it messy. I felt how your improvements clicked
    to a second level here. I am so proud of you that you met that painter guy
    and reached him with a bicycle. I also reached once a guy with my bicycle.
    I hid his body in the nearest bushes behind the city thrash cans. You see,
    the offer that the artist gave you in that small room sounds really tempting.
    The windows could be steamy and messy till the end of the day. Ah,
    what a beautiful life.
    Those mixed big and small animals in the post #758 are shiny and greasy
    enough. They surely got my attention. I just love how you melt your innocence
    into those soft nature loving animal beings. Your hands are soft and tender.
    The five minute face study sketches are really fine. I think that I recognize
    the first face, its kind of a dark tanned Brazilian boxer after his title shot fight?
    Am I right? The other two are looking pretty much ok too, they are such
    a charismatic persons. I like how the third one is thinking. He is thinking
    like; "hmmm, what did I eat for breakfast?" or something like that.
    You are so awesome, I like how you eXpress your deep feelings through
    these sentimental conservative faces.
    I realize now that it was not that boxer that I thought that it was, when
    I saw your #762. It is a she. But her eye is a bit closed, the right one
    from the viewers point. Maybe she got molested by her husband. In
    either way, your grisaille paintings are getting better and you are just
    starting to get the hang of them more and more. You are a magical one.
    #766 - I like when you are playing with your brushes. Please play more
    with them. The lovely decorated bronze skull that you adore so much came
    out really outstanding. I like the expression on that skull. Have some deep
    emotions inside it. Das Herz is so geil. Wieder und wieder daschon. It
    reminded me a bit on Dr. Jürgen von Scneeschtein. Simply beautiful.
    Good to know that you have started a new sketchbook, hope you are
    feeling great in your new house. Just as Lav wrote, it is so amazing to
    see your progress from day one till the last page. I also get excited when
    you implement some naked girl poses in your drawings and paintings.
    That's all for now, I tried to review your latest work in a real effective
    fashion. Hope it helps you a bit. We will see each other around, you
    just carry your brushes with you all the time. Cheers.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

42. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the old witch sketch up there, are you going to do anything else with her? it would be a shale not too you captured a sense of malevolence in the eyes, the face is smiling but the eyes not so much its good.
    I do enjoy good expressions, dont I! silly old fool that I am.

All the very best to you my mate, stay well and keep posting.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good studies mate, especially loved the cup of tea (although the general shape is a little off, but the colors and the tiny bubbles of air do it for me).

Do you often concentrate on working from imagination also?

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see you working super-hard mate. Just keep up the practise, is all I can say really, push it as hard as you can Doing all the right stuff!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just do enviros then man!!! dont be afraid!
    go!!!!
    hehe i also feel that way with my own stuff, always the same characters and stuff, i need to get more creative

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 115