Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 25
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,429 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Why pet a flawy base? I don't know.
    Just try it sometimes, cause it feels good. Doing
    speed paints and unfinished ones all the time is boring for me,
    I just have the urge to go all the way sometimes. Huh, but that's just me.
    Either way, you do your sketches and paintings till you fell good, no more
    no less. Drawing and painting should be fun. As soon as it starts to get some
    pressure on you, leave it. You did better with the sharpness on the colored girls's face
    in #720. Your improvements are clearly seen on this painting. Very good job.
    Your pencil faces are getting better also and you are becoming more original.
    The cup drawing from life is a bit worse now, but just because the too dark
    shadow underneath the cup. I think that the earlier version was just a bit better.
    But never stop experimenting, cause it will make you learn a lot of new things.
    Girls face in #716 is pretty much ok, but you should watch for the distance
    between the eyes, cause this is not a caricature. I got a
    feeling that this is not a round object, it is rather flat, like a skinned face.
    Leatherface took of his victims face, that is a good stuff, haha.
    Hands, hands, hands, they look ok, you just keep on doing them, do them
    from life, do them from photo references, do them realistic style, do
    them comic book style. Huh again, no one said being an artist is easy.
    Sorry for my non orthodox, non chronological and chaotic style of reply.
    Generally you did a good job, and I am so proud, hardly can wait to see
    something new again from you.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll tell you what my mate that coloured girl is spot on!! thats a really good one well done am jealous as hell of that one! ha ha

good hand studies too, though I'm not a fan of the first one top left as you look at it, tha shadings a bit off and it looks a bit spoiled and broken poor thing>

all the best and I hope you find a house soon, or get in one.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    BlackDelphin: Erm, that was my fault, I deleted that pic from photobucket and uploaded, but I focused on the Spartan Camp thread, I forgot about my own SB... But they would delete it for sure. They deleted a very neutral sketchy gray figure with almost silhuette nipples. I usually use photobucket since CA uploader got more difficult to use.
    Thanks... I just did these quickies, I neglect hands and I'm really bad at them. Now I thought about hands a lot, studied my own ones... Just like I did a few times.

Plissken: You know, I know, I will do what I feel like (or even less) I totally don't do what I would if I had a mood for drawing. Somehow, I don't get into it recently It's sad.
    Yeah, the shadows under the cup got worse and I even forgot about the reflection of the reflection of the handle. Maybe I will work on it more later.
    The girl in #716 maybe has small eyes but the distance is okay. It's very far from a caricature.
    I totally plan to draw more hands, I saved a few El Greco paintings today

Lightship69: These are quick ones to remember what I know about hands, more of them aren't good

I feel my mind turned against me. I'm basically well and more determined at drawing but my mind seems not really working But evening arrived, maybe I will draw something
    I practiced the hands I've drawn yesterday and started these but I lost interest for the time being:

The right one has a very interesting reference, I'll work on it much more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More hands! Always hands! And ears and noses and oddly shaped things! Draw them til you love them!
    I really like the woman with the cupid bow lips and her cat like eyes. She reminds me of a black and white film vamp.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
    My Sketchbook.
    My Tumblr.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Caspia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    looking good :thumbsup:
    i'd love to see your studies in a larger size; that isn't the original size, is it?
    cA has 30 posts/page no matter how big or many photos you update,
    so perhaps consider posting them bigger; we'd see more details

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Caspia: Oddly shaped things...? What could that be? Noses, oh I need to draw them, I'm bad at them.

BlackDelphin: It's their original size lately... I often put my stuff here in smaller when I consider them not worthy... I tend to work in small too (be it paper or digital medium), it's not always pleasant but my monitor isn't wide and the reference and PS tools have their place as well so it isn't remain much. I usually draw in 100% (sometimes I zoom in), it's quite annoying to me otherwise, usually. The Landseer study was an exceptional big one, I never put it here in its original size But that was pretty. My usual studies are messy. It's okay if I learn from them.

I'm in bad shape today I'm lazy too. But I made some tasty dishes I never did before Vegan pancakes, for example (Hungarian pancakes are thin)

Old masters hands:

Lazy shiny diving helmet, those grid things would need some though of perspective I guess... I like to focus on values and reflections...

My SB needs more boobs. And other sexy female parts.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I and my boyfriend have bought a house today. It needs a tiny stuff done (and a much bigger one, full insulation later) and I must pack and clean and whatnot. It was a tiring year, I will be so happy to move in, set on the terrace in a nice warm autumn day and start some watercolor painting... This room is dark and has other problems too.

I had no time to draw today but here's something from last night. Finally, I got into the mood to draw, it always feels so nice, even if I don't do anything spectacular...
    Skulls (Hyrtl collection again), I neglected them. And some other stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on the new house you two, I hope you have nothing but happy memories in there and shiNIN your next mission in to do a study of the house and your office! What can i say I'm a nosey old bugger arn't I!? LOL

All the very best mate

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketchbook so far. The construction on your heads looks like its coming along well, especially the eyes.

The construction and rendering on your figures still needs work, but it looks like its starting to get more solid. keep on practicing.

Tenminutedrawing - awesome learn to draw series http://www.youtube.com/user/moatddtutorials
    A short list of my favorite tutorials http://surfandsnow.deviantart.com/journal/22269212/

My Sketchbook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to surfandsnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies! Mmm, tryign to think of stuff to suggest - best thing is practise which you seems to be doing a-ok. Maybe some more colour stuff will brighten the place up a bit - I love 30sec+ poses on anatomy, helps me a lot. Keep pushing it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finally some sexy female stuff. Yes that they
    are not in color but I am pretty much satisfied.
    I am just simply shocked that the internet is full
    of naked females and dirty pictures.
    The skull paintings are an epic moment in your
    painting collection and Hyrtl is my great friend.
    You did a nice job again and made a big step
    toward your shiny successive future.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Packing, cleaning... I had some inactive days again.

Lightship69: I don't plan to draw anything that's not organic or shiny or a single interesting object. My enviros will be sceneries I guess.

surfandsnow: Thanks. I will. I have some trouble with blending but I don't care, I need to work on my basics too. I plan to do a lot figures, I always got discouraged but it's time the break a wall between me and my goals

AlexTooth: I totally need to work on values and lighting, I'm not ready to color yet. Still, I obviously will do some colored ones now and then.popular at all costs, I

Plissken: I so totally don't wanna abandon my cute skulls again. There will be some next time too.

Just this. Yep, I'm not ready for colors yet, especially while being lazy.
    Considering I was unmotivated and I just started to draw today, it isn't so bad.
    I drew a face but it was really bad. Somehow I can't concentrate on faces when I draw a figure. I need to work on it, stupid thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You'll never be ready for colors doing only b&w studies she is a bit to warm, you must remember about when you have warm lights the shadows will usualy be cool and oposite. nice attempt anyways

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ramalooke: I totally disagree, one should learn using values first, zillion experienced people say that in CA and it seems very logical. My experience is that I can't focus on values and other things enough when I have to deal with colors too, things get too complicated. But I love colors.
    She's totally warm, my reference was similar. It bothers me a bit too, I prefer more realistic colors. I don't know the dark drop shadow color of the reference, I mixed blue with brown and I have no idea what I got. I tend to mix colors all the time, my original "palette" has not much to do with the end result. At least when I use a reference. Faces are a bit different but mixing colors take a much time and I may lose my patience.

I watched anime and did nothing except a lazy overpaint of a skull I put here before. I doubled the size and I plan to work on it more. Colors are complicated but these skulls look soooo better in colors. Remember my old Hyrtl collection skull painting? Well my avatar is one of them. These skulls with personality needs colors
    I need to understand skulls and lighting more (especially that my ref is tiny and I ignore drop shadow from other objects, i.e. other skulls and shelves). Relying almost blindly on my reference isn't the right thing. I know that.

Oh and some sketchy stuff I did to memorize things, not to make something I can show... I want to do nicer studies very, very soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1315071900 This one's looking pretty good, just one tiny issue, her right breast is look sort of flat. I'm digging the skulls as well. They look great

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ludic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ludic: You are totally right. I wonder if I should work on it more... I don't want to play with brainless copying too much but it happens when I work on something much...

Packing and cleaning is progressing well, just like other things, we will move into my new and inspiring home next Wednesday, I should calm down and draw... I was busy with other stuff, I tried to ride my bike, that 3 months I skipped was much but I will get used to it soon enough

For Spartan Camp, optional is "Long foreshortening study" this week.
    I always mess up faces for figures, this time I will be more careful, the girl has a lovely face (and deformed feet, many women have those, high heels aren't for daily use). I work in double size, it's still small for the face I fear.

{I usually use "sketchbook", nopw I tried "fine art" in attachment manager... I miss the old one that doesn't asked much *sigh*}

Oh and I go with the colors of my reference Interesting, burning ones. I will practice realistic skin colors another time.

WIP.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,376 Times in 3,597 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Now you have to make the body fit the face instead of the other way around. Push some of these more and see how far you can go.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Black Spot: Every part needs a lot of work... The body is sketchy, the face is bad, stiff and lacks the loveliness of the original (but my first two versions were old ugly ones. it's amazing how much am I able to mess up a little face. And I can't draw a quick simple little face ).

I don't know if I will polish this more:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do you want to polish a skull for?? is it an ornament in the house, or is it for the hood of the car!?

sorry just being silly, seriously on the skull is there a fault in the nasal bone bit at the top it seems to be protruding out a biy too much? The one in post 736 was more accurate I feel, though i could be wrong of course.

all the best may Mate!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lightship69: An exposed skull is definitely an ornament (I mean, when it's hidden, it has some important use ) but one needn't polish it, it's perfectly a skull without anything. Evolution made it, human beings needn't play with it though there are carved skulls too...
    If I wasn't a lazy one, I would paint my decorated bronze skull. I'm motivated, it's a skull and a shiny object in one! I did some attempts but I lost my patience
    Hmmm I think it's just a skull with such a nose Skulls can vary a lot. But I messed up its proportions and whatnot, it's the refined version (it was my intention to be blurry at the top):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice progress more girlies n skulls puhleeez

34. The Following User Says Thank You to dlincoln83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet man, keep the productivity going up!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Weee a skull. It looks really nice. However nothing can top this one in your avatar. It's hilarious. Oh and you could sharpen those edges a little bit more

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The skull is coming along nicely. I also like your studies of women. You should really push yourself more and try to finish some of those. Looking good just update more Keep motivated!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You are just finding your sweet spot with these
    skull paintings. I think it is important to realize that
    makes you feel good and what makes you have fun in
    drawing and painting. So doing these personalized skulls
    are so great for you, cause by doing them, you
    are improving much faster than you realize.
    The material, the bone skull is rendered almost perfectly,
    and the light vs shades are done
    wonderfully. You are making us to feel proud slowly but surely.
    Very pleasant surprise you have brought on us all.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good studies! I like those girls and skull)

44. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love these sketchbooks with tons of pages over a long period of time, the improvement is always inspiring. I looked back at your first pages: wow, you have come so far!! I really enjoy your value and color studies, looking forward to more!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Saramel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's about time to update, don't you think? ;>

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tend to agree my mate Its getting a bit barren down here can we have some more please! or are you still unpacking boxes in the new house?

all the best anyhow, talk to you soon.

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh it was THAT long since I was here last time? Moving into my first home was quite stressful (some stuff got lost too, I can't imagine how but not the important stuff, every one of my 20+ lame lil sketchbooks and every book of mine is here, yay!), I packed, had plans what to do with the house (I never had any place I could play with) and I need a rest after all the hard times in the last years. The terrace is big and great and sunlit. Unlike my tiny room but it will be cute and it has much indirect light

dlincoln83: You can count on it. I love gals and skulls. Especially gals with skulls, the idea of those make me wish I could draw well...

Aragah: Aye! I want to be more productive than ever

Ramalooke: Brushes are tricky but I think I would be glad if hard edges would be one of my biggest problems. And Geza is too good indeed, I will draw him more I was so inspired when I first met him and the others from Hyrtl collection...

dracken: I don't want to finish them, I want to do my studies much, much quicker and sketchier. I need to focus on the important things and get loose, long studies mean brainless useless copies to me. When I will draw something my own, I will finish it (if I like it enough).

Plissken: Thanks... I think I need to play with the skulls more. Nice colors, skulls in traditional portrait style or something like this. My newest idea is to draw them like shiny gold or something similar. Shiny colorful metal always interested me much, it would be nice to combine these two favourites of mine and I couldn't simply copy that way...
    It would be good if I know the shapes and structure of skulls well enough...

in2eternity: Thanks

Saramel: I don't even dare to look back I remember them anyway... I had a totally different idea of heads even 1-2 years ago... Colors? There will be colors in the future, colors and enviros, I need such studies, I always knew it...

Ramalooke (again): Indeed... But I didn't want to show the orange gal's newest update and nothing more... And sleep and rest and tiresome shopping and whatnot came into the way. And books.

Today's update will be my little coming back to drawing, I always have a hard time after skipping several days, quality was my least concern, I need to draw and draw at this point. In the beginning my focus and the whole state of mind is totally not suited to drawing, I need to bear it and not run away...

Hmmmm... I guess I show almost everything (my new Bridgman stuff from last night is too sketchy, I will play with it more I guess).
    Older stuff for Spartan Camp #196. It was too messy to show but whatever.

I didn't miss Spartan Camp #197 just because the deadline was extended. Still, I started working for it late (on Sunday afternoon, of course). Mess.

My first skull got quite weak too. The african male is better.

The orange gal It got tidier... But it still has proportion and angle issues, why can't I see and fix these in the beginning?!
    Name:  sc196opt3.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  40.8 KB

I like these colors... I should do something with them. (I did some blending studies, by the way. I can't blend. I knew it, I always experience it when I try to paint a nude girl.)

Quick morning painting! Doing anything in the morning is a moderately big miracle in itself.
    I used two brushes (one for the trees) or 3-4? But they were mostly very simple (33% opacity hard round and pressure sensitive opacity hard round), it's just a sketch and I mostly focused on the colors. And I messed them up a bit, subtleties aren't my thing. I need to look at the whole, not blindly apply bright orange without checking if it clashes with the grayish purple clouds. I tried to fix it a bit afterwards.
    It's the sunset from the terrace, I got up early enough to shot it today. I worked from the photo this time. The hills and everything would be much lighter normally, our eyes are way more sensitive than the camera. It's a nice warm soothing sunset, moderately bright but not overpowering orange. My version is more agressive, dramatic.

Lightship69: I already wrote all my excuses You are not the one to talk, by the way... I'd love to continue our competitions I planned to draw a _realistic_ elderly woman to please your choosy nature though Old faces are very interesting

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast