Sketchbook: beginning of a long way... (mild nudity) - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,429 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Enjoyed reading through your thoughts.
    I understand what you are saying about your pencil
    drawings, but anyway you should do and post a few in the future.
    Good approach you have to art, and the Tegaki Drawings story
    is inspiring.
    I admire this Tegaki entry that you posted here.
    Well, if you do not consider yourself as an artist, you
    should know that I do.
    Hope that you will keep posting and that you will
    use your experienced criticizing abilities on me.
    Take care.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

Thanks a lot for visiting my sb mate and i really do appreciate it. Suggestions/ Critiques of an experienced artist is always good to have

Ill definitely work on the suggestions you have mentioned and im grateful.

Well about your sb, ill go through it entirely, tomorrow for sure, since im getting some free time. Can really enjoy looking at another artists work, while tasting a cup of coffee or a beer

Well dont expect much of critique from me since im a newbie, but will tell you what i honestly think about your work, once i go though your entire sb.

Keep up the good work mate and good luck.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

4. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following

miserable whining, the worst type of my blurb

My dear diary... erm SB...

this day sucked this far (so did yesterday because I screw up my night by staying up too late. I slept or felt like a zombie)
    I did try to draw today. I even sat down and drew in some broad meaning (usually the whole day passes despite the fact I really try to draw and don't do anything else except maybe some criticizing here and there). Crap, everything. It's not my harsh self critic, it's the truth. I'm extremely bad till I warm up and that may take hours. Considering how much I draw a day, it means I need a miracle to create something that is vaguely decent.
    I'm so down now.

Maybe "sexy gestures with a few strokes" aren't the topic I should choose to warm up. Maybe I should draw faces (great topic but I did that so much) or clouds. I'll try.
    I'm a stubborn one.

By the way, yesterday I drew a totally believable arm by myself. Wow. Maybe I'm not hopeless.

Old stuff again then.

Some Tegaki chibi (I guess it has no plural just like anime... whatever).
    I rarely drew chibi because I can't. But I did because it was so big of a challenge And they can be fun. I mostly use them for quick crack posts. Faces are expressive and if I want to include some other body parts, it fits more easily in Tegaki's 160 pixel high comment box without making the face features too tiny...
    But I did some chibi entries too.

I go to draw some great clouds to sooth my painful soul. It's so great I'm tly not emo or a drama queen

Oh, replies!

LtPlissken: I draw with pencil (strange. I feel I never do it but I'm at my 20th SB or so...) but they are usually not so great. I need undo or overpaint My anatomy studies are the worst. For some reason, I put too much force into my strokes, therefore my drawing becomes a stiff black mess in no time. Hard pencils annoy me in that case. They are for detailed faces, the only thing I can do nicely with pencil if I'm lucky. We will see.

devastacio: Did you see anything of my stuff? I've been drawing for some years, that's all, but it doesn't mean I can draw or anything. I have some tiny face drawing skill, some anatomy knowledge I don't use enough and a pretty good eye to spot flaws therefore I very rarely produce anything I'm pleased with (and even then, I see that's flawy and amateurish).
    When you reborn next time, DON'T choose to be a perfectionist and a lazy hedonist at the same time. Bad, bad idea.
    Yeah, be honest and tell me your opinion I'd love that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youve got to try and improve your pencil, remember you do have an eraser instead of undo, if that helps.
    I know, because if your anything like me, i think pencil should be easier than on the computer with a tablet (and you could be like me, you just dont know it) cause youve got 1:1 with the medium in real life.
    Itll happen, and even if you need your eraser at first to help, im sure youll get something good out!
    If you want a few tips?

Be REALLY sketchy and messy and quick when you do it! sure it ruins the end product but itll loosen you up a lot more, try it!

Use as many building lines as you need before you opt to finish any hard line, i think thats a cool way to make sure your final line is correct.

Study anatomy to the point where there isnt a skeric of the face you dont know off by heart! and anything else you want to draw too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello. Can I write a little bit in your diary also?
    The story about warming up for hours to draw is
    just too familiar. Same happened to me today.
    Aaaaaand, I went to sleep too late the last night. Zombie?
    We have a pretty much in common. Se we could go for
    an unofficial agreement, and to go to sleep around 23h today.
    Should we?
    Nice older studies despite to your tough day.
    Keep your spirit burning.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there I can see that you have a really nice sketchbook, definitely worth subscribing xD. When I'll come up with any suggestions or thoughts that are worth sharing I'll leave ya a comment ;> cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I forgot to reply to ladyknowles back then. Now I do it, it's a fortunate coincidence I would write this anyway:
    I tried to draw clouds again. Soft brushes are strange to me (I always used hard ones in the last years, Tegaki has only hard ones but I love them anyway) but clouds need them. I use them too but I played with different settings and brushes in the last hours.

wunts: I NEVER use an eraser. It's just wouldn't be me. I have a kneaded eraser somewhere though... I have no idea where. It's good I have many dozens pencils, this way I can find a few any time. Not my favourite ones though.
    I totally need to losen up, yeah. I try but it's not easy to me.
    Old habits are hard to get rid of.

LtPlissken: 23h?! That's so impossible (it's past midnight here now anyway ). I will be proud if I will go to bed at 2... My "sleep core" is 3am-6am. If I break this, my next day will be in danger. If I go to bed after 4, my next day will be useless.
    It's so sad to go to sleep. It means I finished drawing for the day and next morning... I'm back at square one. I'm an evening person, mornings are good for almost nothing for me. My mornings often end at mid afternoon.
    When I worked at home, I started my 8 hour workday at 4pm. It was perfect.

Ramalooke: I'm honored! Honestly, I don't understand why people came, there are zillion SBs that are better - or where advice is needed. To me, I know what I do wrong. I don't practice enough. I fight to change it. If I drew more, my SB would be much more interesting. I want to draw so many different things...
    It's your second pose, I didn't replied to your first one about my digitals being blurry. The figures for spartan camp, right...? Yep, they aren't finished, cleaning up would take too much time (I'm slow with them anyway) and I need to learn to draw loose gesture sketches.

My clouds. Result of long hard work, it's so strange to use not 100% hard brushes with a fixed opacity and pressure sensitive size...

And a hairy thing. Not exactly clouds though clouds are oh so different... Whatever, it's a fine new brush, I've just drawn it.

And another one from my "Tegaki Nostalgy" series

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there,

Well i completely went trough your sb and its nice to see how much you have improved since you started this sb.

You said at the very beginning....
    imagination was never my strong point, but I realized I had no own ideas at all, not even for poses or for a unique face, it was strange, I felt so lame.
    We both know now what a false statement that is eh? You had unique concepts from the very beginning (post #5) and your pose studies were great !

Anyways im not much of critique, im afraid. Need much more knowledge to do it properly. But ill mention some pieces that caught my attention, apart from your pose studies and anime stuff which i do really like.

Also , do more work from your imagination mate. Dont worry if you fail, just keep trying, thats what matters. If one drawing goes bad you can always start a new one

so here it is... my newbie opinions

# 5 you have shown your potential with these concepts, at the very beginning mate.

# 36 – I like it, Wonderful muted color use and mood

# 55 – Seems like a good concept but definetly could use better lighting.

# 61 - Unique concept but need to work more on the overall contrast.

# 84 – Another good concept especially ‘Living Hair’ idea.

# 130 - nice ref draw, looking good.

# 135 1st and 3rd from top, really caught my eye. Good color selection. Same with #137; 3rd from top.

# 140 – natural looking skull renderings. I like it.

# 144 – another bunch of good ref drawings.

# 192 - Im sure that Macchiato tastes great! Well done mate.

# 204- ’Lilah’ character concept is great and its god that you have provided details.

# 214/220/226 These pieces are looking good mate. Shows how much you have improved. But wish you had more Light/shadow contrast.

# 262 - Listen to my friend Plissken.

Anyways don't get discouraged over minor stuff mate. Theres this saying "No Pain, No gain" yeah? The worst thing an artist could do is, going to war with himself by thinking hes not doing well. Any person who has gone through this sb, will be more than happy to tell you how much you have improved.

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work and keep posting. Good luck mate.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow my SB is so blubby these days. I will reply, I can't help it.
    Then I will draw, I didn't fall out of the mood this night, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by devastacio View Post
    We both know now what a false statement that is eh?
    No...
    Well I know I'm totally useless to make up something for nothing but waaaaay better when there's something that sparkles my imagination or what that expression was... DSGs did that in the past.
    And I know I could do much better if I was braver and had more confidence in my imagination. I feel I constantly block myself in more than one ways...

Also , do more work from your imagination mate. Dont worry if you fail, just keep trying, thats what matters. If one drawing goes bad you can always start a new one
    I know that. And pros says an artist must accept he/she will do silly, shameful things sometimes One should take the risk.
    If I could do what I know I should do, my life would be so much better... It's hard, you know. I was down in the last years, not in an ideal state to fly at all. Now it started to change.

Oh my zombie boy and his carnivorous plant!!! It's a shame the fun/crack part of CA got deleted soon after I started to play there. I have the link for the roleplay topic at least, it's still there. It was great and gave me the most motivation. That section had a great penis topic too...

# 55 – Seems like a good concept but definetly could use better lighting.
    I struggled for that for long That scene is deep in the forest, under the shadows of trees, I had no idea how to do that. But I don't know anything about lighting that time anyway...

# 84 – Another good concept especially ‘Living Hair’ idea.
    DSG. And I like wormies. They put me into fun/crack mode, my imagination is best when I'm like that . The body was copied.

# 130 - nice ref draw, looking good.
    I actually consider that one a fail. Dislocated right humerus and boring face. just a quick something on Tegaki.
    I'm sorry I criticize your critic skills

# 135 1st and 3rd from top, really caught my eye. Good color selection. Same with #137; 3rd from top.
    Tly copied stuff, that's why. The last one is the one that made into Tegaki's front page. I considered it a fail though. I can't draw soft clouds with hard brushes (10% opacity at least). It's so annoying. I did better stuff, with more effort... I think it's because of the colors, they has a nice atmosphere.
    {I decided to focus on colors btw. It probably will be important even in my work. It matters so much, especially in enviro pics I think. A few spots with the right colors and you always see a sunlit path in the forest...}

# 140 – natural looking skull renderings. I like it.
    The second one is totally cool, I'm proud of it. Copied but the lame one was copied too. It was fun, I was warmed up...
    I need to draw more skulls, I know.

# 144 – another bunch of good ref drawings.
    Yep, I got copy skills Too bad I don't appreciate this skill much. I want to draw by myself. And I get disheartened when I can't even copy
    The last one is rotated at least Spartan Camp optionals make me to do things I wouldn't by myself. For example, drawing an... object! *gasp* (#146) It seemed simple. But reflected light were everywhere, it was fun and I learned a lot.

# 192 - Im sure that Macchiato tastes great! Well done mate.
    Sometimes my quick effortless copied objects are cool. This macchiato or my glass jar lately.
    Other times they suck. I need to warmed up before I start anything but what should I start with then...? Maybe doodles. I never doodle anyway. I should.

# 204- ’Lilah’ character concept is great and its god that you have provided details.
    Thanks Sometimes I wonder how nice ideas I get. Well Lilah is a lamia, the species isn't invented by me but I played with her and I was curious about her spine. I always do that, I can't simply draw winged humanoids either, I must know how there bones are located. They must have 2 pair of scapulae.

# 214/220/226 These pieces are looking good mate. Shows how much you have improved. But wish you had more Light/shadow contrast.
    It's a common trait of beginners... they don't really know where to put shadows therefore they cowardly use it... Tegaki's 100% hard brushes doesn't help either.
    I need more knowledge.

I know I improved. I got through my Tegaki entries today. Some of the older ones are very, very, very awful...

There are people who can't see their good points and can't take praises. I'm definitely not like they. I just see my lack of basic skills after years...

I want to draw a cool face. A really awesome one. For the first sight at least.

But for now...

Tegaki Nostalgy 3 - I found more chibi or almost chibi!
    I tly not skipped the bad ones. It may be illuminating or something...

Almost all are trades. The newest one isn't. Well they are... 2nd: Someone else's OC (power: plants), 3rd: one of my favourite babies, Qwell (power: curses) and two Touhou characters in their own outfit who are totally fit their powers. I'm not a big enough Touhou fan, I don't know every detail. I even forgot the names. I'm bad with names, I can forget my own chars's names I played with for months OTL

My keyboard need new batteries but even drawing letters with a mouse can't really stop my blurb. Too bad my style isn't so great, especially in a foreign language

I drew these this morning (well at 11 but I had just woken up, I hadn't even started the fire, it was cold in my room. and yet. I drew. It's something very unique):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I have to say that I am an evening person too.
    We could party a lot together. If I got it right,
    you are sleeping only three hours daily, from 3am
    to 6am? That sounds crazy.
    Good Tegaki Nostalgy collection. I know that
    they are not fresh, but they look good anyway,
    and it is a great thing that you are realizing
    that you have made improvements. That is just one
    more reason for you to work even harder from now on.
    Do not be afraid of anything, just lay down everything
    on the paper, so you will get to your "cool and awesome
    faces" pretty soon. Do some big battle, do not even think
    about fail options, and you will become great. As a matter
    of fact, you are already great, you just need to improve
    your greatness.
    As for the suggestion, I would say that you should do more
    cloud paintings, mix up things, cloud tipes, weather conditions
    and try to experiment with ambiental coloring and lightning.
    Sooooo, this evening, we are going to sleep at 22.30h ?

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken:
    No, I'm not so fortunate! (I've met some people who slept 3 hours a day, it was normal for them. Once one of them hadn't slept for days. He seemed a bit tired, that's all. I'd fall asleep anywhere on the 2nd day)
    I sleep a lot (6-8 hours is normal). From 3 till 6 is just my 'core'. The ultimate MUST HAVE. I must go to bed till 3am and stay there at least till 6am. I never should violate this. The consequences are severe. Especially if I stay up over 4... I practically lose a day.
    (Getting up isn't the hard part. I don't get up early. Period.)

As a matter of fact, you are already great, you just need to improve your greatness.
    You are silly (never expect from me to return flattery )

I dunno what's ambient coloring but sounds good.

--------
    I was so sleepy today. It's winter, I don't get enough sunshine. I need natural light to function...

It's supposed to be silk. Stock photo copy. It woke me up. And it's evening so I'm kinda fresh now

LtPlissken, you have so silly ideas. I will go to bed at 2 and I so totally will wake up at 8. At least I plan this. I always plan this. Today it was 2:50 (I wasn't sleepy so early as 2) and 10:35 because I woke up by myself but went back to sleep. Stupid half-awake personality...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't put any sentence in English today, dunno what's going on xD I'll simplify what I mean. Painting fabric = fun xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramalooke View Post
    I can't put any sentence in English today, dunno what's going on xD

Believe me, exactly the same thing happens to me a plenty of times.
    I guess the situation just requires a warmup.

Well shiNIN, you big-non sleeping-good reviewing nice painting
    being, it is time for you to update.

The fabric painting of yours is truly great.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work on the silk fabric study. I've seen your comments and drawings in the Spartan camp threads, and I think you mentioned recently there that you might quit drawing. I think you are very hard on yourself, which is good, to a degree!

As far as whether you are going to quit drawing or continue, you should ask yourself why you produce art in the first place. From what I've seen, one of your goals is proficiency so that you do not have to work so hard. Understandable. I think, however, that you expect too much sometimes. You do some groundwork, like anatomy studies which are often pretty good, and then you want to jump to making finished drawings from the imagination. When they do not suit your ideal, you get upset with yourself. Relax a little! The groundwork is not solid enough. Since everyone has to go through this, and each in his own time, perhaps you can rest easy knowing that these skills will come and it will not be until then that the awesome stuff you want to produce comes flowing out of your pen.

I admire your persistence and really enjoy seeing when your drawings work out successfully. Many people would have quit by now, or wouldn't try so hard. You have those things going for you and should be commended for it.

See you in Spartan Camp

It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.

My sketchbook (it'll get good near the end)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to J@n!t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ramalooke: Yes it is I love folds and silk

LtPlissken: I do sleep!
    But... I can't draw anything decent when I try to learn anatomy... I got swallowed, I search and look at muscles and try to memorize some Latin names and during this, time flies. Anatomy is fun till I don't try to draw. Then it's become a troublesome mess on the paper.

J@n!t:
    Did I write something like this recently? Oh. I though I stopped that. I merely wonder now and then if I should but I know I can't, it would be so much of a fail and anyway, I want to learn to draw a bit or at least start to learn to draw already.
    Why I do this? Because I felt the urge at one point. Stupid urge, my hands are clumsy, I could never do anything good that requires hand skills... I'm lazy, my imagination is tiny and my memory is choosy. Anatomy isn't its stuff.
    But I can't help it.

No, I think I do the opposite. I never start a real picture from imagination. Every kid does that but I'm a coward, I just do studies and faces and copywork, exceptions happen once in a blue moon. Tegaki groups need normal rp entries but I almost never do them, just the character profile and trades.
    I think it would be great if I would dare to start real pictures even if I messed up them. Doing nothing is the worst, I need motivation.

And I have knowledge I never use except maybe when I criticize someone else's work. It's bad.

I know I lack at the very basics and I will be unable to draw anything good in several years. I never was serious at wanting an awesome pic But drawing a face that I'm pleased with, knowing it's the beginner me who did it, that doesn't seem impossible.
    But my most important and nearest goal is to start drawing already. I get up and tries to draw but the first 10 hours usually pass without any drawing and the rest isn't very different either. For weeks, for months, for more than a year. My first priority is drawing but I can't do it.
    I think I'm damn patient and tolerant to stand it...

Whatever. I don't need analyzing my soul anymore. I just have to draw. It's the key. It's so obvious but it doesn't make it any easier.
    <---
    Here's the end of my last reply. I need empty lines. I write paragraphs. And too much.

Today I studied anatomy again... Now I need some fun. Clouds Photoshop crash ate the first cute ones and my drawings has a very much amount of fluke in them.
    {a few hours passed. I tried to draw clouds and I failed. Copying mammatus clouds are zillion times harder for me than the same with a Bouguereau painting...}

It's good I have a new tegaki something for this case.

Tegaki Nostalgy 5: My wavering quality and stylization level

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last pieces are looking good esp. Hair color. I love it. Fabric paint looks nice too. Maybe you could push the highlight bit more. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work mate. Just focus on drawing and you'll be just fine.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ShININ, your English is pretty good! Anyway keep going with your art man! I'm sure You'll be an inspiration to somebody out there!

never stop- especially if your helping!

peace!

Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

23. The Following User Says Thank You to poetry man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    devastacio: Hmmm silk is shiny but the reference highlight was like that...

poetry man: Aye!

I needed some relaxing, heartwarming, soothing topic.
    I probably messed up a zillion thing (the biggest one doesn't even resembles the original) but it's better than nothing I got an idea. Skulls are so wonderful, pretty and extremely different from each other, just like human faces itself, obviosly... I wanna draw skull portraits... If something gives me motivation, that's skulls. And boobs. If I could draw naked sexy gals with skulls or skeletons, that feeling would be awesome.
    Mmmm... it's a _very_ motivating thought.

I baked some cookie too. It's not my crappiest day I guess

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

For some reason I cannot see your
    latest uploaded images, but I will go later
    to another workstation to check them.
    Theory is good, and we all need theory, and
    you can learn and play with those anatomical terms in
    your head, but as Bruce Lee said;
    If you want to learn to fight
    you will have to fight.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there,

Those skulls look nice and i really like the background color you have chosen. Few different angles and little more detail would have been great but nevertheless, i like em.

Keep up the good work mate would like to see another update soon.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome skulls, I really like them I'm only not sure about the shadows, it looks a bit like the light is hitting one of those skulls from different direction. beside this great work ;]

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken: I know that very well, believe me... Sometimes I think I should go and draw, no matter what, no matter how bad just draw. Pen on tablet, pencil on paper, just do it until I get used to it... Sometimes it would be easier without some parts of my brain I guess. They come into the way

Ramalooke: That's right, they're actually individual little skulls in the same picture.
    They aren't so great, I know I could do it better in ideal circumstances but I just needed to draw something easy to break the ice and brighten my mood

devastacio:
    I like not too detailed stuff I spent so many time on details in my life and I lost spontaneousness and joy in the process... I have some problematic traits, I need to do quicker stuff when I don't have time to worry and have doubts.
    But don't worry I love skulls, I will draw more detailed ones as well. My old plan is to draw the one I have. With his (I always thought it's a he... it's hard to say, not a very very very maskulin jaw and other traits but still. It wouldn't be a pretty girl with those chin and anyway. I say it's male so he is that And he's still nameless. I'm bad at naming anyone) zillion beautiful decoration and shiny bronze... I never dared to start it.
    It would be great to praint his face one time, it would be partly guesswork, I'm not an expert at that and it's a decorated bronze skull, no matter how realistic elements it has (a wonderful thing! decoration acts as a stylized real detail, I love him so much).

Well, practically nothing to show now. I studied anatomy, after all. I think I've studied arm anatomy for 100 hours in the last years... Mostly without much drawing, I need to understand things first and every source gives different answers for my questions... I want to know the muscle in question exactly and surely where origins and so on and it's not that easy to figure out. Loomis isn't precise enough, far from that, I think Bridgman is great but I needed more pictures and realism... I searched a lot. And forgot almost all. Now I did much better than before, I drew individual muscles, write down the things I find useful... I even memorized the most important ones, I could never do that before, it just escaped my choosy mind that was oh so easy to learn with when I was a child. I never studied except right before big tests and exams I'm a lazy one. As a programmer, it got even worse, I always had my previous works and manuals to look at.

Stupid blurb. Well here a lazy messy pic as an lame excuse for this post.
    I won't show my wip master study yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by shiNIN View Post
    My old plan is to draw the one I have. With his (I always thought it's a he... it's hard to say, not a very very very maskulin jaw and other traits but still. It wouldn't be a pretty girl with those chin and anyway. I say it's male so he is that And he's still nameless. I'm bad at naming anyone) zillion beautiful decoration and shiny bronze... I never dared to start it.
    Hehe that was funny anyways since you have a wonderful reference, try painting it till you are really happy.

Since you're interested in human anatomy try this book. I haven't gone through it yet but seems like it has some good amount of info on facial muscles.

book title is "Human Anatomy for Artists: The Elements of Form" by Eliot Goldfinger

I really like about what 'Snake' in his previous post so keep practicing mate.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oh, I get it now.
    You are afraid to jump into the meat grinder.
    You are being afraid from being criticized.
    But you should not have to be afraid, because
    we are all here to improve, and I never was ashamed to
    post my messy ones either, look at the first pages of my
    sketchbook, or hell you do not have to go to the first page,
    I post that kind of stuff even today, and that is because I
    want to improve, I want to be crucified and criticized.
    That is exactly what you should do, post everything you
    do, your most ugliest messiest drawings, cause we need to
    know where are you standing, so we could help you with some
    precious advices.
    Sooooo, keep on with your anatomy theory lessons, but in
    between, do some pencil drawings, scan them and post them.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I messed up my sleeping pattern in the last few days... (5am... why do I do that I wonder)

LtPlissken: You totally don't get it. It would be a lame attitude, coming from a harsh critic who spends more time in Critique Center than with drawing (and I usually don't spend too much time there).
    No, I just see no point in spending very much time (I need to find our camera to begin with... then the card reader. I need light. and playing with the pic in ps, I never draw a page I can show) and antihedonist effort on putting some mess here. My anatomical drawings are black masses, abandoned at the point where I couldn't look at my fail level anymore
    I don't like to waste space and time on useless stuff. Even my worse things that made here are tiny They don't deserve more, I think.

Well I tried to practice today, it went better than usual, I mean I've actually drawn for a few hours (it should be 10+ if you ask me... *sigh*). The drawings aren't good at all though. Especially when I wanted to draw hot chicks T_T My SB needs more boobs and skulls but I can't give them to it. Poor SB.

Some quick muscles.

I planned to do a skin coloring study but I got random and lazy at some point.
    The eyes aren't so tly assymmetrical than usually when I draw a rotated or tilted head.

Tomorrow I will continue my fight! I hope my desire for drawing won't disappear till the morning (I usually have none of it. I just feel the urge I have to learn to draw).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I have some idea about arm muscles now. I have no doubts anymore, I've totally spent 100 hours on them. I used various sources and ended up like the man who had more than one watches, therefore never knew the exact time again... But I guess I know what I should know now. My fav enlightenment was the relationship between the deltoid and the brachialis (though the latissimus dorsi/teres major one was important too, most pictures totally depicted them somewhat wrong. those aren't arm muscles but i wandered away, they are two of my favs ), things didn't make sense till I learned the tricky attachment of the latter one to the humerus.

Still nothing special, just some stuff for spartan camp. I need to warm up.
    This time I used drawings as refs too, I rarely do that for SC, it's cheat but they were so motivating
    I wanna bring some sexy gals next time. (Not like that panties-pulling one with ugly silicone boobs, she was in a magazine that had good paper to start the fire.)
    I have so many more or less irrealistic desires.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

Guess i missed an update. Those arm muscle studies looking good, although they are not finished. Im learning facial muscles nowadays so will take some time to get to the arm muscles. Also, I like the colors you have used there.

Nice collection of poses in the last piece. Hope you'll do more. Just a little suggestion; do something from your imagination as well. how about a simple thing such as a "Christmas greeting card"? Just a thought.

Well, Keep posting mate. Ill visit later.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sorry for my so late reply here. I enjoyed looking your latest
    digital paintings. I was missing your Skull digitals in the post #288,
    cause photobucket is firewalled on the certain workstation, from which
    I was trying to open your sketchbook. But now I see them, and it is my
    favorite from your work. Sometimes you can be just too harsh to yourself,
    as I can see, reading your reply above, you should not need to do that to
    yourself, you should relax a bit more. And the drawings that you think that are
    bad and they do not deserve to be posted, I think that some of us would find
    those really precious and you should also respect every bit of your scribbles.
    Anyway, the 100 hours of studying arm muscles sounds amazing, I think that I
    told you that you are a brain machine. The digital studies, the face and these
    poses looks good, the only flaw is that you ain't posting enough from those.
    Hope that we will see more things from you, and as devastacio said, you
    could do some imaginary piece in between.
    Be good, and keep posting.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awessome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my SB is all blubby again...

devastacio: you mean they're sketchy? because they're totally finished, reaching the most elaborate state I was willing to give them I focused on the proper positioning and shape, I don't want to make them oh so pretty.
    Today I lost patience in the 3rd minute but I was disciplined enough not to abandon completely my study. It seems extensors and triceps will be another time and that's about the arm muscles. The rest of the body will be piece of cake for me, I always had problems with the arms. Especially with the muscles when the arm is lifted and twisted and whatnot. I'll make studies about that, oh that will be the real thing

No, not christmas, I was listening to some christmas radio lately Now I switched to a fine metal one, lovely...
    I know I should draw from imagination but I can't. I plan to change this asap.

LtPlissken: Hey! I started to miss you already
    I know I'm harsh but I can't help it, I see the flaws extremely well, it's my bane T_T
    Don't say such nice things to me, my room is warm enough without burning cheeks (My BF comes home and his room is the cold one, I need to heat as much as I can. And the kitchen is next to my room, without a door...)
    Brain machine? It shouldn't be that much, not even with searching for pictures... I simply couldn't memorize even the most important muscles. The names were funny but the exact attach and insertion points... relation to each other... this info escaped my mind but now it's my win. It was strange, I always learned so easily.
    I know I barely draw And I should draw 3 Christmas pictures on Tegaki and one for Tegaki but it may be in PS... And zillion things more. My tangerine model will rot or dry! I ate many lately but I spared the last one with pretty long leaf on its top.

art1488: No it's not.

Pectoralis Major isn't labeled and rushed as well.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast