Custom Brushes crashing CS3 on Mac
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Custom Brushes crashing CS3 on Mac

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Custom Brushes crashing CS3 on Mac

Sooo I got Whit's brushes from his exterior demo, and after using one of his custom brushes for about a minute or two photoshop would just crash.

I was able to replicate this on several different machines, all Macs, and came to the conclusion that Whit's brushes just don't work on a Mac.

So today I went through the process of reverse engineering his brushes, spent a lot of time picking out the ones I liked and making them over again, just to see if that would solve the problem.

So when all was said and done, I sat down to paint tonight and photoshop started crashing again. Same deal. After one or two minutes of using a custom brush, CS3 just shuts down.

So yeah, it's weird, all of the Barontieri brushes have worked for me over the years, all of M@'s brushes work, but something about Whit's just ruins PS for whatever reason.

Has anyone had this issue other than me? Or, better yet, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It happens to me as well. I don't know a work around, but I've noticed that it happens most with brushes that are set to directional or initial direction. Hopefully Adobe will address this one day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have exactly the same thing with my mac!!! Using Whit's brushes form his recent demo.... I must have filed about 15 crash logs in 2 days to Adobe! I read somewhere that reducing the History states and Cache levels helps with custom brushes, I did this and it seemed to help, though it did crash a few times after this too.......

I keep hitting apple+s every 5 mins now......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it has happened to me I'm on windows but it seems to happen when I use his more complex brushes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i Been having the same damn problem lately with the Photoshop Z-Brushes zhuzhu uses for his digital paintings. It would crash cs3 on my mac.
    i dunno if it has to do with being made on a windows system or not, I assume zhuzhu uses windows. Although I doubt a different OS would be the case.

if Barontieri's brushes or M@'s brushes work out great i might as well try those for the time being. at first when i started using zhuzhu's brush set it all worked fine, until the next day i tried using it again and it just kept crashing cs3 everytime i tried, i tried deleting the preference file, resetting workspace, closing every other program running so it was just photoshop. still no solution.

if anyone has a solution, mad props to whoever works some magic to cure this ailment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    open ps in rosetta mode. (Right click app icon > Get Info > Check off open using rosetta) It's a CS3 issue with registering angle changes from what I understand. I had crashes with m@'s brushes until i found this answer.

Last edited by prepsage; July 16th, 2008 at 07:43 AM.
    Please PM me if you'd like an individual crit.

idrawyouonthesubway
    huxleycreative

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prepsage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hm, this seems to work. does anyone notice this making photoshop run a little slower?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I seem to be experiencing the same problem.
    After I watched both the mountain and speed painting demos I was ready to paint like a mad man. And then PS crashes consistently on me. Killed my motivation.
    I have not checked this out yet, but does it only crash when using the downloaded brushes?

Riiroi is offline Knowledge Thirsty Student Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I apologize for bringing this thread up but I was wondering if this problem affects CS4 as well as I'm thinking of upgrading from CS3.

I Love Anatomy Books!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.