death squad - Feedback appreciated!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: death squad - Feedback appreciated!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

death squad - Feedback appreciated!

Sup chums, I've just finished this piece, and i'd love if you could help me locate which areas i've neglected or overworked.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The mech arm is cool! The whole armor design is very interesting. I like it. Umm, but I can't tell if its a girl or a guy. At first glance I thought girl because of the armor, then upon further inspection, a guy cause of the face and right arm (which seems a bit short) but I still can't make up my mind. Other than that the figure in general could use more contrast. Nice colors as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uh intresting thought, actually it's a guy, are the breastmuscles to big? i had to struggle alot with the arm. I coulden't feel it at all, and had to redraw it several times.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd have to agree xezor. The anatomy resembles a female builder rather than man. It might be because (or it might just be me) that he unintentionally has an hour-glass figure. I don't know about adjusting the chest area, but I would look at some male references and fix the waist and hips.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey telamon, cool piece. Interesting visuals throughout; the mech arm and general design is pretty nice, and I like the background elements (the mounted dinosaur and the flying creature give a nice time contrast to the mechanical arm, helping place it in its own world). That said part of me would like to see something a bit more solid in the background. Right now they are emerging from something of a fog and, while you've hinted at the ground being there, it quickly fades off around the group behind the main figure. This might be what you're going for and isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I do think that this makes the piece a bit left heavy.

Outside of that, I do agree that the arm is a bit short. This is partly because it looks like he's pushing his chest out, causing a bit of foreshortening on his arm. You might wanna try to take a picture of yourself or a friend in that position to help with that angle, because that's definitely a tricky spot. In addition to that, I think that you could push some of your values a bit darker to help distinguish the planes of his body. As he is almost completely shadowed and that's the only part of him we can really see, pushing the darks will help with clarity.

I have a tendency to give advice on things that people already know lol, so if that's the case then I hope that I could at least help remind ya Best of luck and nice piece once again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nicely done I would personally love to see more light and detail on the face and front of this figure. Not necessairly a strong one.. But i feel too many details is getting lost.
    Especially the face being very important for the whole important expression of the front guy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks onir, i think you actually answered the most of my unsaid questions.

howard,xezor: yeah i see you're right now, The man-skirt should not have had that angle, even though i clearly knew how the legs went beneath it, i failed to realize that the cloth should follow aswell..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the triangular spines of the mech arm looks like its part of the b/g, not of the arm. raise more contrast or darken the shadows of those triangles.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.