Sketchbook: redemption for the sin of laziness....Joe's progress
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: redemption for the sin of laziness....Joe's progress

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

redemption for the sin of laziness....Joe's progress

I want to either go to Ringling or cal arts, but at my present skill they would laugh at me....

I haven't drawn with much dedication or effort over the years, and at my advanced age (19) I felt it was impossible to be admitted to the art school of my choice.
    furthermore, being the lazy sloth that I am I have art is only one of the many things I am bad at. in fact I wouldn't have gotten off my ass to make something of myself if my dad hadn't sat me down and told me, objectively, that I suck.

a lot has happened in 3 months, and long story short I will be sworn into the airfoce where I hope to serve as a linguist. from what I see its a pretty good package. I get a free ride to any college (including art schools) in the US. (provided they accept me)

I have not forgotten the childhood goal to be an artist that I have done little in the past to accomplish. (besides idle day dreaming). so in that regard I have decided to create a sketchbook to chronical my progress from today onwards.

there are no lifedrawing classes in san antionio so I have resorted to illustrating my own strange face and body via a mirror next to my computer desk. I do a lot of drawings on my tablet with sketchbook pro, or simply plain sheets of printer paper with pens and graphite/conte.

here is a list of my recent self portraits. the latter posts are more accurate. (the one with the wider jaw)

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by love Rx; June 26th, 2008 at 06:36 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love anything to do with psychedelic shrooms and faeries.
    and so keeping with that spirit I have sketched a picture of one of my many figurines with a light colored pencil. don't you think that single colored pencils are wonderful to sketch with?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find it hard to believe there are no life drawing classes in San Antonio. Also congrats for grabbing hold of those drawing reins again! You're still very young and you are fortunate to have been able to face your flaws at such an early age. That takes courage. I'll just offer this advice if I may. It doesn't matter how old you are, or how many times you've been rejected. Just keep your head down, keep the pencil moving keep dreaming and you will make it. Your focus determines your reality. Best of luck with your future!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a WIP drawing of my brother's couch

I posted a bigger one and a smaller one in case you guys wanted to see both.

will post more of my bros room/couch when I get to drawing more of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomSketcher View Post
    I find it hard to believe there are no life drawing classes in San Antonio. Also congrats for grabbing hold of those drawing reins again! You're still very young and you are fortunate to have been able to face your flaws at such an early age. That takes courage. I'll just offer this advice if I may. It doesn't matter how old you are, or how many times you've been rejected. Just keep your head down, keep the pencil moving keep dreaming and you will make it. Your focus determines your reality. Best of luck with your future!
    thanks. for some reason I keep thinking i'm an old man with a questionable past.
    actually life drawing classes exist here, but none that are open at the momment.
    for some reason every body decided to ditch for summer vacation. WTF.

besides, I wont be staying in san antonio long enough for them to open up again. I get sworn into the airforce in a month.

here is a still life I did which included my controller, an odd attempt to draw a hand, a laptop computer and the window sill.

again I included 2 as I am indecisive

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also sketched in a sketchbook, but I do prefer printer paper, I do I do!

in my own mind I believe that although its best to draw from life, I can get away with drawing environments from imagination aslong as I use perspective. well hopefully I didn't do a huge no no. I also tried to draw an old man. one of my friends commented that he did not look old, no?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.