Art: Samurai, other stuff and something new.... - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Piranha Clan is offline Unscarred by trials...a new level... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic stuff, mate! One of my all-time favorite movies and one of the best characters/samurai of the seven. Good choice. I'd love to see your interpretation of Mifune or Shimura's character(s) as well...(crosses fingers)...

Watch out for Piranhas

PIRANHA'S SKETCHBOOK
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet Mother Of Mercy - That's awesome! The large scale samurai looks like it's been made out of bronze! amazed how it was just a paint job @_@! Really enjoyed seing the "making of" photos I've always found thouse kind of thinks apsolutely fasinating!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys not been on for a while been busy with stuff trying to make more money. Just want to answer a few bits here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbrush View Post
    Woe really impressive work! the scale of that sculpt is huge! what clay are you using?
    I work alot of the time in wet clay as I work very quickly with it. Though it gets very heavy with when you get to over 7 bags and you cross your finger and hopw that your welding will hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha Clan;
    Fantastic stuff, mate! One of my all-time favorite movies and one of the best characters/samurai of the seven. Good choice. I'd love to see your interpretation of Mifune or Shimura's character(s) as well...(crosses fingers)...
    There is something in the pipeline for the other characters in the film starting with a 16 inch version of the Kyuzo in this post......... Ill post the images when I get him done.

Right now I want to post some more of the skull. Now I dont have any photos of the final finish in clay as things have been happening so quickly in the workshop that I did not have the time to get the camera out to get a few shots. but here are some to view and to see the size of the scukpt.

You can see how big it is from this image...

and now the jaw and mouth together.

Now there are a few things Id like to say about the sculpt. Firstly that he looks a bit squashed because the final peice had to be fitted in a particular rig so that he could be hung up and rotated like a disco ball. Secondly I was only able to mould him as I was given another job to start as my boss got a workexperince guy to cast it as he does not cost him any money lol... If any of you work in the industry you may have seen this happen before as bosses want the job done the cheapest way, though sometimes lacking in quality... Thirdly I would normally spend more time on a job like this and it didint have to be that realistic as it was going to be covered in reflective plastic peices to resemble the damien husrt skull as a giant diso ball...

I think one of the other guys in the workshop have some final images of the finished peice so Ill try a get hold of them and post them up at some point.

thankyou for viewing

thingymajiggas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Samurai and other stuff.... More added.

..... And as promised earlier in the thread here are a few other bits and bobs of what I have done.

http://www.joy-rsa.com/

I did the werewolf sculpt for a short film with a friend along with a back sculpt, extended hands, teeth and digitagrade legs. the whole job took 1.5 weeks with a lot of sleepless nights.

I should also emphasise that it was a very low budget film as the prosthetics were done in latex that went a bit yellowy as it does, but it was fantastic to work on..... and I did all the blood splattering which is another art form in itself......

To view the film go to www.joy-rsa.com following the link above, click the left playing card with the smiley face for DIRECTORS and then select BEN WHITEHOUSE. Go to VIEW SPOTS and choose the forth clip. ThIS is HungER, tHis Is HUngeR - NIGHTHUNGER!!!!

Enjoy.

thingymajiggas.

Last edited by thingymajiggas; August 2nd, 2008 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Incredible work on the skull! The rest ain't bad either great stuff - especially liking the helmet sculpt: great symmetry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impeccable anatomy!! (samurai)
    I still canīt get human anatomy right.
    But I recognize a perfect one when I see it.
    Made some female sculptures as well?
    Can I see them?(Please?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, wow, wow. How did I miss this thread?!!!

AMAZING work thingymajiggas. Just absolutely incredible.
    You've got such a fantastic range of work and everything is
    just impeccable. That Samurai is unbelievable and it's so
    cool that you showed all the steps along the way. I know
    you've got more work hidden around there somewhere
    (old or new) and I hope you decide to post more of it.

Troy

http://www.themcdevittstudio.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    "It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool." - Calvin, Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi thingymajiggas,i'm really interested in clay.sculpture,small and large scale.I notice your in london?

Do you know of any studio space where artists like yourself can work? do you got to school anywhere for this?

I don't know anywhere in london that deals with this sort of stuff.thanks and great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.. what an amazingly beautiful piece of work! My friend, I am a huge fan of Seven Samurai and I am very interested in Samurai culture too, and the particular character you've chosen to sculpt is my favourite one from the film. He's what I call the Clint Eastwood dood. Anyway, excellent pose, anatomy and expression.. oh and the size of the sculpt too.

Well done!

Check out my scary monster thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=109738

Want lotsa sculpture resources? Add some if you want to!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154013

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rvbhal View Post
    Impeccable anatomy!! (samurai)
    I still canīt get human anatomy right.
    But I recognize a perfect one when I see it.
    Made some female sculptures as well?
    Can I see them?(Please?)
    Hey all. There are no female sculpts as of yet though there are a few in the pipe line. When I do them I'll post em right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Barber
    hi thingymajiggas,i'm really interested in clay.sculpture,small and large scale.I notice your in london?

Do you know of any studio space where artists like yourself can work? do you got to school anywhere for this?

I don't know anywhere in london that deals with this sort of stuff.thanks and great work!
    Hi Barber. In answer to your 2 questions yes there are spaces for and artist to hire in London though I dont know where as I work mostly at home when I not working for someone else.

Check out this course as this is the only course in London that teaches some figuarative clay studies. http://www.wimbledon.arts.ac.uk/courses/32693.htm#

It was the course that I did, though it was called Technical Arts and Special Effects at the time. I go back there for the spring term and assist the moulding of the third year final work. If you contact the collage or UCAS you might still be able to get a place on Octobers register its worth a try.

Hey did everyone see the short film I posted up on the last post? It was the werewolf one with low budget effects. What did people think?

thingymajiggas

P.S. And thank you DuneFishUK, troyboy, and dreamsorcerer for all your comments to.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Iīm a little afraid to watch that 3īd line movie.I normally regret it.
    But Iīll try..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Last edited by Hurdy Gurdy Man; July 24th, 2011 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Something new....

hey guys thanks for all comments.

here is something new i thought id post up. been working on it for the best part of a day now. it is a sculpt of my late grandpa, working from photos of him that have been taken through out his life, so i dont really have a fixed point of reference. starting from a rough base of my head, i have been aging it gradually trying to create his character from how i remember him when i was younger.

its still very early days in sculpt and ill post some more end of this weekend. hopefully with better pictures lol.

thingymajiggas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That samurai is amazing dude! Whoa!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing work, the samurai and katana are stunning examples of sculpture

Mull

CGPAD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking awesome as usual. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man your work is outstanding,not heard of the course in london we have a course here in bradford which is a special effects course,never done it though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the human skull! it is perfect!! how material you have used for the eyeteeth of the werewolf, they seem real. Your grandpa's bust has very good aspect, I want many to see how you work on him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.