Following

new items for my portfolio

need help with critique

thanks for your time

if anyone curious the first page the words say swallow your pride

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by eulalia; June 26th, 2008 at 08:56 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    top picture: I think the black and white drawing could use more value to show depth, specifically around the chest. At first glance, I didn't notice there was something strange about the chest.. it wasnt until I looked at the bottom picture, then back to the top, that I realized something was coming out! More contrast in depth will make it pop. The type looks nice, right now it's stealing all the attention. I think by making the drawing and the letters more equal in quality and intensity will make the artwork stronger, maybe by adding details to the face and hands etc. Or try making the eyes more expressive, the guy looks pretty mellow for having stuff reach out of him. It's an interesting concept, looks good and caught my eye, but feels unfinished. I hope you keep working on this

bottom- to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what it is... maybe add more work on the drawing?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by asionade View Post
    top picture: I think the black and white drawing could use more value to show depth, specifically around the chest. At first glance, I didn't notice there was something strange about the chest.. it wasnt until I looked at the bottom picture, then back to the top, that I realized something was coming out! More contrast in depth will make it pop. The type looks nice, right now it's stealing all the attention. I think by making the drawing and the letters more equal in quality and intensity will make the artwork stronger, maybe by adding details to the face and hands etc. Or try making the eyes more expressive, the guy looks pretty mellow for having stuff reach out of him. It's an interesting concept, looks good and caught my eye, but feels unfinished. I hope you keep working on this

bottom- to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what it is... maybe add more work on the drawing?
    thanks for the info, i totally agree the font does take away from the individual, ill put more contrast into her

the third one doesnt really make sence, just my friends civic, with the night life in the background

it says hope because in my portfolio the page next to it is red, this one is green and the car is white (AKA mexican flag, green represents hope in the flag, red is for the blood of there hero's)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.