Art: Three questions for Marko Djurdjevic

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Three questions for Marko Djurdjevic

Hi Marko,
    since i watched your Character Ideation DVD, I completely changed the view of drawing. I found out that inspiration comes from life and technique is simply based on specific sensations. Mostly mental sensations and visualizations.
    So, I've got 3 questions about your mental processes in drawing, if you're ok about it.

1- While you're searching a concept for an illustration... do you DEFINE it first verbally then visually (like the Daily Sketch Group forum in CA)... or only visually?

2- While you're drawing thumbnails for illustrations, do you "see" action/gesture lines "over" images generated by your mind before putting down pencil lines?
    Yes, I know this seems some psycho-babble type of question and this is a really subjective mental process, but I wanted to ask it to you anyway

3- On ign.com I've read that, for Thor comic book pages, you enlarged the thumbnails and transformed them in faint blue line images. Since I use this technique a lot too, I wanted to ask you a simple thing: when you pencil over these blue lines, what's your mental approach on LARGE shapes and forms? I mean, do you RE-DRAW the forms and use the blue lines as guidelines to "block in" the limits of the figures OR do you TRACE over the blue lines and correct only some small parts?
    Maybe it's a stupid question but, sometimes, for me is difficult to discern the two things when I'm using this "timesaver technique". In fact, in many cases, I got so involved with anatomical details over blue lines that the figures were totally changed in the end (and, therefore, the whole composition was messed up!).

Hope you found my questions understandable
    Forgive me for eventual syntax errors and thanks in advance,
    Lorenzo

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Uhm... if you're specifically looking for answers from Marko I think contacting him in a more direct way such as personal messaging or mail will generate a bigger chance of response then posting it here in the hope that it will catch his eye.

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Art_Addict View Post
    Uhm... if you're specifically looking for answers from Marko I think contacting him in a more direct way such as personal messaging or mail will generate a bigger chance of response then posting it here in the hope that it will catch his eye.
    Ok, I'll try. Thanks a lot, Art_Addict

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.