Sketchbook: K's book (Entertainment Design portfolio help)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: K's book (Entertainment Design portfolio help)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

K's book (Entertainment Design portfolio help)

I've been trying for the last two months to draw Entertainment Design portfolio....but I keep on feeling like I'm not getting any closer.
    I'm already in Illustration at Art Center, but I was hoping to switch over to Entertainment Design - I plan to do concept art for movie.
    Any help for layouts, character design, props, and vehicles would be greatly appreciated.

Ideas for props inside and outside the main building I'll be drawing

Thanks for looking. I'll post more later.

Carpe Diem.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You need to work on these tools (from needs a lot of practice (1), to less practice (1)):

1. Solid Drawing- Draw with more geometric simplicity. You draw in a way that's akin to drawing what you see, and not drawing what you actually understand as a machine. As a result of this style, you miss out on drawing something with spatial clarity. In the green girl below for instance, she's doesnt seem to be sitting in relation to the box, it's like she's using her leg muscles to hover near the box, and the logic of that is a really weird pose.
    2. Line Contrast- finish your lines with more confidence. Use a variety of lines, thick, thin, taped, etc.
    3. Coloring- while I think you at least limit yourself in the number of colors, you tend to choose really grab, greyish colors that aren't pleasing. Compare the colors you choose to a flower.

Also why dont you try to character lineups or diagrams. I cant see how they'd aesthetically harmonize as a group that interacts on a single image. I hope I didn't beat you up too much, FYI, I get my ass completely annihilated when I post my shit on 4chan or something, but its the pain that makes me want to grow. And its much easier to tear someone apart than to actually create work better than them.

Name:  margarita copy.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  226.1 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1