Rob27 the friendly death machine!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I don't know if this counts as a sketch or more of a finished piece, the truth is it is a sketch that I started coloring and the lines pretty much disappeared

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, no replies? I think this looks pretty freakin' cool! And he does look so friendly! Like he's gonna hug me or something but... but wait... he's reaching for his lazer gun! LoL Cool disign and the paints looks great too. Can I ask what you used to create it? The head looks best I think. I like how you left remnants of the lines there. It just seems really solid.

I've actually been drawn to the robots lately seeing as how I can't seem to draw 'em. Any hints and things I may practice? I thought about just doing some work studies (copying other peoples, lol) to get an idea of how other people do it with the joints and everything. I'm just not very good at drawing anything industrial. Hints? Excercises that helped you? All would be appreciated.

And yeah, keep up the great work.

Ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for replying, I was feeling lonely here. First, I start out with a pretty good sketch, something I just pull out of my sketchbook and scan it into Painter 8. I put the pencils on a new layer and set it to "gel" This makes it like a transparency over the canvas.
    I then start off with a solid color background and start adding colors
    I then flatten the image and start using a blender brush to smooth out the pencils some and to shade
    I then just keep refining and adding a bit more details here and there
    For robot ref or inspiration I just look at others who do great robots, or movies, or
    whereever, like you said, just practice by learning from others. Thanks for replying!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That looks pretty good! I'm impressed . I think that you did a pretty good job on the coloring, but I think the sketch captures more of the details (like in the neck and in the face). I think something that you could improve more would be darker darks and lighter lights. You have some nice dark below the neck, so that it emphasizes the head, but it also loses the details of the wire in there. Also, the rest of the painting seems to be really close in shades. Don't be afraid to go ahead and add more lights to it, I think thats what could really bring this out.
    Also you may want to make the eyes a little more pleasing. They seem really flat, and blank .

Very good job on it, I really like it.

mos.

......Oh also, you may want to do a little something to the numbers on his head. They seem like a shadow now, rather than being actually on the robot guy.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I suggest you to add a dark background and pop out some main shapes. looks good so far.

cu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice...I've seen that sketch before somewhere...different forum, I think. Have you posted it before?

You will buy my book. End of topic.

--Infinitipo, aka the 14-year-old prodigy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful sketch.. i would like to see more texture in the "finish".. darker bkground might help.. or some heavy texturing (but same value) may help.. not totally sure there..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for posting everyone! Yes, infinitipo I had the original sketch posted with my very first ca post on my retro movie posters, I liked it so I decided to color it. Everyone is suggesting a darker background and I agree, its just that this image will go on my new website that I am building and I wanted it to sit directly on the background which is that green color and be just a side element if that makes sense, anyways, you'll have to see it. I'll post the link when I finally finish building it. I have to get into a higher paying client bracket. So, thanks again for all the posts! Tell me about your pieces and I'll be sure to visit and comment! Oh, and I don't mind if people want to screw around with any of my images, feel free. Last word- I have several dsg postings that are fun to check out, thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.