I have noticed that many of the threads in 'Critique Center' are started by new users, which often results in those threads not having a thumbnail on the forum page. I believe it is, in most cases, due to not using the 'Attachment Manager' while attaching images to their first post.
Being a regular critic here, I find that threads without thumbnails are less attractive to other users and it also makes it harder, for the critics, to follow on their progress.
So, for you, new people, here's how you should attach images to your posts:
1. When starting a new thread, scroll down, to find the 'manage attachments' button.
2. Upon clicking this button a new window will open, allowing you to choose the files you'd like to attach from your computer. Notice the size limit for different file types.
3. After choosing the specific file, click upload and wait for the upload to complete.(you can now close this window)
4. Insert your message in the 'Message' box, to insert the attachment you have just uploaded, click the paperclip icon and choose the file you'd like to attach.
5. Click 'Submit New Thread' to complete. However, I recommend clicking the 'Preview Post' first, to check if the image dimensions best fit the display.
* If you have attached the pictures in a 'wrong' way it is always possible to edit (click 'edit') your post, remove them and attach via the 'attachment manager'.
That's all folks!
(I trust the forum gods to move this thread if there's a better place for it)