Crit the crap out of this please! WIP
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Crit the crap out of this please! WIP

I want this to work! I really really want this damn picture to work somehow.

I will be changing the deck strut so that it doesn't exactly look like a stupid boot. But the guys on the deck... I dunno... don't fit? There's still a bunch of little things to add to this... but the base of it doesn't work.

Now I'm not sure if anyone has any references to semi-reflective material at a distance? But I'm thinking that's what I want to do for the background buildings.

Anything, be harsh, be mean, but please give advice that helps

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is a whole space between the foreground (mountain) and the midground landscape thats totally empty.
    The edges are much sharper in the mid and my eye was lead to this first.

Bring that deck into the foreground. Otherwise it is slight boring where it is.

When? What? Where? How? Ask yourself these questions about your illustration.

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Matsign, be aware of the perspective. Especially the atmospheric perspective (or what was it called?) that left rock shouldn't be that sharp compared to the two guys, which I assume you want us to focus on.

The rock to the left just seem to vanish into thin air with absolutely no reason hmm, take a look at those.

Keep it going great concept though!

Have a nice day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok here it is. You need more detail on the underside of the deck. Also more values in your light and darks. Dont be afraid to use black and white. Maybe add some activity in the sky. If need be, cut off the underside part of the painting...that way the focus is only on the good stuff. Keep some of the deck underside. A map or grid of the panels would be good. you may need a layer in between the background and foreground to make for more depth. Maybe a layer that is just more mountains but they need to be in more detail and darker. Other than that it has massive potential. Maybe like a planet streaked in the sky or like a ring of dust or city like halo. peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A lot of great information Thanks a lot!!!

If you see anything else that could help I'd greatly appreciate it. And if you know of a great area to take a look at Enviros by other artists, I'd be in your guys' debt. I've been looking at M@ and some other artists... But anything moar would be greatly appreciated!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.