Simply put, I'm extraordinarily new to this site. I guess I'm looking for some sort of push in the right artistic direction, since I was just recommended to come here for the asking the same thing.

To the point. I am an amateur artist to the enth degree, but I am trying to get a taste of professionalism any way I can. Perhaps prematurely. However, the only viable option for someone at my skill level is to try and sell some commissions to con-goers seeking fan art of their favorite established characters. The problem is that I can't seem to unearth any work or even any interest on the forums at the sites that normally care about these kinds of things.

So, I suppose I am looking for a critique for my work as well as some advice on what I should try in order to actually do something with my artwork. I am a first year Illustration student and my (incomplete) portfolio is at www.definelive.blogspot.com.

Oh and one more thing. Although I'm unsure that I should be posting here at such a developmental level of my career, I'd like to extend a hearty hello to everyone here.