2nd sculpt needs lots of crits

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Looks like you are very competent at what you are doing. Please provide us with more info about why you made it, and any thoughts along the way.
    The eye-detail-photo is extremely good. I wish I had your Eye-sculpting-skill.

The beard looks a bit like tentacles. In this size I believe you can do better beard (unless of course - it is tentacles ;-)

Thanks
    very VERY good for a second sculpt. lots of good detail. only comment i have is the cheek bone anatomy is a bit "sharp" and the face is a lottle big compared to the head. but those are very minor things. other than that great job! keep it up

Thanks
    made it just to make it really, didnt really have any reason
    Yeah the beard is tentacly, but I'm not sure what to do to ease this problem. Thanks for the crits, I really appreciate it. I've scraped some of the warts off and softened the others. This is probably about 10 hours or so of work total, I'd really love to do a full body pose, but I'm afraid that my anatomy skills are horrible.

Thanks
    I've refined the beard and did some other slight alterations to the face, but my painting skills are seriously lacking, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a good resource on the hows of painting sculpy without losing the fine details in the acrylic paint.

Also, what color would you recommend I paint the old devil's skin? I've thought of maybe a bluish gray hue.

thanks.

Thanks
    A very cool painting tutorial (allthough she is painting a face of a human being) is http://mysticalis.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1174171508.
    I say any colour would go - its your devil. I suppose in general a mid/light colour would be best - in order to do shadows and highlights.
    Looking forward to seeing your result!

Thanks
    painted the piece tonight, never painted anything before, so this was somewhat daunting, but it seems to have turned out ok. Crits always welcome and encouraged. Demon was painted with cheap acrylics nail polish and modpodge (the latter two for shininess)

[IMG]2nd sculpt needs lots of crits[/IMG]

Thanks
    Nice shooting!
    I believe that a few (2) pupils in his eyes would give him som more personality.
    If you do some more highlights - you will get a little more depth in the face.
    Apart from that - nice work!

Thanks
    What strikes me right out of the gate is the gore around the face. It's not just contained to the mouth - it's all over the place. Like someone was gunning for first place in a rib-eating competition. I like that. It conveys a certain savagery - a certain hunger that might or might not have been satiated.

I'm going to echo Aseyngel's comment about the pupils. One slight dot of a pupil might give this demon an entirely different appearance. It's curious how such a small thing can create such noticeable changes. If you're not happy with the end result, just paint it away.

I do have one question. What's happening on the forehead? There appears to be some kind of crust there? Was that intentional?

~KU
    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingUnicorn View Post
    What strikes me right out of the gate is the gore around the face. It's not just contained to the mouth - it's all over the place. Like someone was gunning for first place in a rib-eating competition. I like that. It conveys a certain savagery - a certain hunger that might or might not have been satiated.

I'm going to echo Aseyngel's comment about the pupils. One slight dot of a pupil might give this demon an entirely different appearance. It's curious how such a small thing can create such noticeable changes. If you're not happy with the end result, just paint it away.

I do have one question. What's happening on the forehead? There appears to be some kind of crust there? Was that intentional?

~KU
    thank you guys very much

yeah its intentional the crust is a smeared painted rune, one that supposedly means put fear in enemy the only thing unintentional is that its off center. I had a close up shot of that too, but the dang thing was so blurry i deleted it.