Crude, but I'm trying.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Crude, but I'm trying.

I did this a while ago, trying to get back in the swing of drawing and trying to do a drawing a day (currently failing at that). I've been told that the hill's a bit steep, which I agree with, and my anatomy with the person is something to be desired.

I'm sure there's a long list of things wrong with it, I just don't know what to do about them.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    >.<"

every body needs a little help from life drawing

if you want to improve the way you see things in your mind, you need to draw from life,

and when i say that i dont just mean, oh look a pen, *quick sketch* done

nope it takes more than that

every great artist has a special way of seeing, in which the right side of your brain, the careful observer, functions properly

but in order to do that you need to spend along time looking at your subject, really look closely, and when you are drawing, do not think about what the object is, otherwise you will incorporate symbols into your drawing

good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would recommend not trying to draw every individual leaf on that tree in the middle. Look at a tree and try to get the general shape of the whole mass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Fleet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I second drawing from life. Or reproduce a piece of art that you really like. But spend some serious time on it. Not just a few hours.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to efortune357 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    By all means, continue to draw whole scenes out of your head for fun. But if you're serious about learning and getting better, that's WAY too much for a beginner to bite off in one image.

For your drawing-a-day, go out at lunchtime and draw a tree. Maybe the same tree every day for a week. Or a twig. Seriously -- really try to get into the knobs and the shadows and lights on one little broken off twig. You can learn a lot that way.

A very talented and experienced artist would find it a challenge to make a good rendering of this brief entirely from his head.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    id agree with the life drawing, but begin with breaking the whole piece down into its basic shapes this should take about 15 to 30 secs maby longer but u just want porportions to begin with then bring in the details

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Demo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, everyone pretty much have now given you the best advices - and I'll give you another two

As you're trying to draw an object, don't just look and draw with an empty mind (Excuse my expression)- think how it is structured in 3D, try diffrent angles on the same thing. It will help you understand the anatomy

Do practice the way of shading, it will give your pictrue a more clean result!

Keep it up, have fun

Have a nice day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xinga For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep at it, i was in same boat long story short, i was sitting up late at night and my roommate had a cut of of neo from the matrix and i sat a stared at it.....and click the shadow that was cast from the nose popped out as a triangle and from then on i had a thing with drawing noses but im still on a long road dont worry just sitt and stare it may sound odd but if you really want it to happen then it will

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shimi85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's really nice. That tree in the center has so much emotions. It like its having a wonderful time enjoying a swirling breeze. I also like how you made that tree the focal point of drawing. The clouds wrapped around it shows it importance. The tree reflection could use some work, but all in all I like it. It shows you have a lot of imagination. Just remember to always use that imagination. I know the more I painted and the more work I sold, I started catering to what sold instead always using my imagination. Let me tell you, you will not like yourself or your art work if you start doing that!

C, ya

pf!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to printf For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.