Hello all.
I've been lurking for a while and thought I would take the time to register and say hello. Unfortunately, I don't yet have any artwork uploaded to the internet so I'm going to settle for this little introduction.

I studied illustration at SVA in NYC for two years before, unfortunately, I ran out of money to live and pay tuition there. As much as it killed me, I was forced to return home this year and now I am outside of Boston and in the illustration program at Massachusetts College of Art. Maybe its the trauma of going from SVA to a state art college, but I am convinced Mass. Art is the worst school on the planet. But unfortunately, I'm stuck here, saving money to return to NYC for graduate work.

Anyways...enough self pity....

I've got to admit, I don't have a whole lot of interest in the conceptual art here, the genre just doesn't do much for me (right now). But I was attracted to the talent and drive of the members of this forum, particularly, everyone's determination to learn the foundations of drawing and painting from life, from memory, or from photography with accuracy and integrity, in a somewhat traditional manner.

Thanks for the inspiration and for providing such a great community. I'm anxious to become a part of it.

Cheers