Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Untouched24's Sketchbook

Thanks
    ImaGEEnation: Thanks much.
    Bartovan: Thanks man, will do.

Well, I know I said I'd update every tuesday at least, and I missed last week, but that's because my computer died last tuesday, so I was unable to get anything put up. My video chip is dead, but luckily it's still under warranty so I don't have to pay for a new one. Sadly they haven't even gotten the box to me that I'm supposed to send it back in, so it may be a week or so.

Anyway, I'm using a different computer for now but my scanner seems to only work on my computer, so I took some pictures. Not a whole lot done... but will try harder this week.

So just a few sketches with a copy/study of one of Verehin's drawings which are great, and some photoshop practice....really trying to get better at understanding skin tones and lighting.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Sam! I haven't been able to do that tutorial/gesture help thing for ya, I got hella busy..

But so far your work is progressing very well!! We should hit a drawing session some time!
    y hallo thar.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxofSnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Focus less on rendering your picture and little bitty details and more on form and structure. Try to see what is under the skin and go from there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Samuel Gray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Foxofsnow: Hallo again. Thanks, Yeah, I'm actually doing a sort of weekly concept art/painting group which is pretty fun, although I seldom make every session....been busy this summer with school and whatever else.

Samuel Grey: Thanks, yeah, I assume you're talking about the photoshop face, I have a lot of work to do and will keep that in mind.

Anyway, been too long. blah blah blah, got my computer back from being repaired, and finally got some scanned stuff in.
    Not too much but I've been really busy with school, but my summer class ends next Monday, so more work then. I also have a few WIPs I'm not bothering to post. Also a sketch inspired by Verehin
    Just some random stuff... still struggling to grasp color and rendering...going to do more black and white stuff to get the basics down better before venturing further into color.

Thanks
    Great Work!
    y hallo thar.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxofSnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Foxofsnow: Why thank you

Blah blah, been while... Here's some more stuff. Did some of those multi-limb sketches I've seen Janaschi and Algenpfleger do, they help quite a bit, I think I will continue them. Need to do more photoshop work.

Thanks
    Again, great work! The only critique I would have would be on the tentacle guy. His upper half looks very detailed while his lower half seems too smooth. It just doesn't seem to fit to me.

Other than that, keep up the great work!
    y hallo thar.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxofSnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Foxofsnow: Hey, thanks. I agree about the tentacle guy, the top was mostly from ref and the bottom wasn't at all, I guess it showed. I think I need to play with the contrast and detail on the tentacles.

Here's some more stuff, just sketches. I tried some Photoshop stuff and failed but its not even worth showing because it's so bad, but mainly because there's basically nothing to show because I scrapped them..again I need to up the digital art output.
    I also started school so I've been kinda busy these past two weeks. I'm also leaving for a weekend backpacking trip tomorrow morning at 5am : / But am going to bring some stuff to sketch with, so hopefully I'll have time to get some drawing in.

Thanks
    This is last year, your last pots is this year. Fuck yeah! =D

Untouched24's Sketchbook
    [] sketchbook [] [nsfw]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to paran0id For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Paran0id: Thank you sir. Its coming close to a year and a half now... I need to pick up the pace!

Life drawings. I just selected the ones worth showing, others are too crappy and I'd be uploading like 500 pictures.
    Its been like a month, been really busy with school and everything, but I'll upload the rest of what I've done soon.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Untouched24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's the rest of the sketches I've done. I should have completed more (there's a few unfinished pages I didn't post) but school has been keeping me busy, I'll post any decent school work I get back when it's returned. I need to up my work load. I'll probably be working much more traditionally due to my classes but I'm still going to try ti fit in some digital work whenever I get some time.

Thanks
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
    y hallo thar.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxofSnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    FoxOfSnow: Why thank you miss.

I is back. Been busy with school but finding some time to update.
    Just some life drawings, some sketches, and a picture of a girl I am just starting to paint. Also a digital WIP, trying to uncover the mysteries of digital art and how to stop it from sucking.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast