Critique/draw overs Wanted -wip Robot
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critique/draw overs Wanted -wip Robot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critique/draw overs Wanted -wip Robot

Oie!

This is a character design based on a company's logo. The robot character will be done in 3D and comped onto live footage in a few short-film/ads for the web. He is going to be helpful, charismatic, energetic personality.

character design and logo are below :

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

SAGIR is offline This user is brought to you by: My mom and dad Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the design is pretty solid, I see how this robot can be 'Helpful', however, I am not sure I see 'Charismatic, energetic PERSONALITY'
    I think he could use some personality, I would put some humor into this design. I think It lacks some expressive organs (for humans its eyes, eyebrows and hands). Be creative and think how can you fill that gap without actually giving him eyebrows. Good work.

PS - his left foot is weird.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    add the following:
    1.) monocle
    2.) gentleman's muostache
    3.) formal occasion bow-tie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. Ill definately give the "butler costume" a try but I don't think the client wants to go in that direction. You are definately right . He needs a little life to him.

In the ads the robot is going to variable sized, from pocket sized to larger than life depending on the context. Hes supposed to be like your buddy who gets you out of jams, not neccesarily a servant per say. open to all suggestions even even something like color choices

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here's some inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by SAGIR View Post
    I think the design is pretty solid, I see how this robot can be 'Helpful', however, I am not sure I see 'Charismatic, energetic PERSONALITY'
    I think he could use some personality, I would put some humor into this design. I think It lacks some expressive organs (for humans its eyes, eyebrows and hands). Be creative and think how can you fill that gap without actually giving him eyebrows. Good work.

PS - his left foot is weird.
    Sorry for the raggedy image; i was at my desk and grabbed the first thing i could to get the drawing down. Hope this rough serves as some inspiration. Try sticking his chest out and raising and eyebrow while staring into the camera. The concept is awesome I love it, but just like Sagir says, it lacks personality. Remember body language is everything.

PS - Sorry I'm new on here and didn't know how to post directly to a thread...

Last edited by automatic_ab; June 12th, 2008 at 05:01 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.