Sketchbook: Brent's concoction of artistic endeavors-Nudity-

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Brent's concoction of artistic endeavors-Nudity-

Welcome to my sketchbook! Older work is on the first pages and older work later pages. Please comment, critiques are welcome, so we can learn and enjoy making art together. I am trying to improve my work and push my self limits like so many of the other great artists on this site . What is most enjoyable for me is the process of making art, not so necessarily the finished product. Keep drawing!

-Brent

[B]
    PLEASE GO TO THE LAST PAGE TO VIEW MORE CURRENT WORK!!![/B]

-----

TO VISIT MY WEBSITE: WWW.BRENTHERMSMEYER.COM

---------------------------

"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority to be the truth, rather than truth to be the authority."-Gerald Massey

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by brentos8; March 22nd, 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think there wonderful, other then the crest you drew, it feels a little boreing to me some how. You think?

I hope to be able to draw like you some time soon, drawing is a weak point in my self how ever I don't feel I understand the foundations of drawing all to well. Perhapses college will fix this, but can you recommend any books for me for this summer to study?

*Edit*
    One thing that I just noticed from you actaully is... I think I need to use darker pencils for one =P Favorite one would have the be the women in the towel though by far... Seems like the most stylized one very angular and awesome...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Menasha-ashd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great drawings. It's okay, you can hold back your vomit, you should get plenty of lovin' here in CA. Your anatomy is good and strong, and it's obvious that it's become or becoming reflexive for you - that you incorporate the skill fairly naturally. I like the tattoo design, even if it is fairly standard, but the coolest is lipsandcurves - I think it's a standout piece.

Nice work, keep posting.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Menasha-ashd View Post
    I think there wonderful, other then the crest you drew, it feels a little boreing to me some how. You think?

I hope to be able to draw like you some time soon, drawing is a weak point in my self how ever I don't feel I understand the foundations of drawing all to well. Perhapses college will fix this, but can you recommend any books for me for this summer to study?

*Edit*
    One thing that I just noticed from you actaully is... I think I need to use darker pencils for one =P Favorite one would have the be the women in the towel though by far... Seems like the most stylized one very angular and awesome...
    Thank you, I myself think my darwing is poop sometimes so It's nice to get some encouragement. As far as drawing book, I had an exellent teacher in school named Barbara Bradley, she is very well known for her people drawing skills and she made a wonderful book called "drawing people" (...). She would make you draw untill your wrist felt like it was about to fall off, then she would make you do a 3 hour figure study and some sketches to top it off. She really helped me to understand the figure, and how it affects clothing worn on it. That's all I gat, Later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by donalfall View Post
    Great drawings. It's okay, you can hold back your vomit, you should get plenty of lovin' here in CA. Your anatomy is good and strong, and it's obvious that it's become or becoming reflexive for you - that you incorporate the skill fairly naturally. I like the tattoo design, even if it is fairly standard, but the coolest is lipsandcurves - I think it's a standout piece.

Nice work, keep posting.
    Thank you, yah I like the tatoo design...but it could use a little more lov'n. The lips and curves drawing has always been a favorite of mine, the model was beautiful, I remember, and I really tried to capture her whole person with that quikie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here's a little fuel for my smoldering pit

The Hiltler sketch and the nude woman are older drawings from pictures(don't know the author's-hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ...). The other is a fresh off my sketchbook. Hope ya likes...

my website: www.brenthermsmeyer.com

" My perfect day startes with googling shapes all morning"- Android Jones

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Older Stuff

More old stuff, I powered up my scanner and dug up some drawings out of sketchbooks that are just sort of piled in my room. I thought it would be cool to get some feedback on some of this stuff I did years back, because some of it I don't know if anyone's even seen. It's also good just to see where my work has changed and progressed, which is sort of inspiring. There are couple old concepts, life works and I GOTTA GIVE CREDIT TO MR. DALI ON THE EYEBALL ONE, that was a tribute to the master- please let me know what you think...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Latest

- just a sketch I was messing around with

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Latest Dump

Ok, heres some new sketches for ya right of the assembly line. Plan to take the sketch further possibly to a painting. Also I threw in a painting I did from a model named Veronica back in school that I found in my closet, thought you might like Let me know what you think. ;

Last edited by brentos8; June 28th, 2008 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff.
    I definitely see improvement from some of the older artwork.
    Which is, of course, a huge bonus. Haha.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nintendo_zombie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dunno.. some people.... ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RandAlThor View Post
    i dunno.. some people.... ;-)
    Ya, thanks for stopping by my thread RandAlThor, i'll keep the sketches comming

I appreciate your interest in my work Nintendo Zombie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Recent painting

What you think? This started out as a sketch that was inspired by ANdrew Jones boss monster demo, I saw that demo and got all pumped up to do some mechanical monstrocity. I really tried to focus on my dark shapes because that is something he stresses and i believe to be a weakness in my work. Overall I was pretty happy with how it turned out but I think there could still be deatil added to the focal point and more attention paid to reflected light especially around the gun. Also the foregound figures get a little lost. Suggestions?

Last edited by brentos8; June 30th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The harbinger of death

Here's the redo of a sketch I've been playing around with- plan to paint. I made the bull larger to make him more impressive, and added some more detail to his head like the painted one-eye and the ornaments. I want the hooves to be made of steel and plan to paint them that way. The background is going to be solid black I think with the flames in the foreground like he's flying through the sky. This was all inspired when I heard the ghost ride song Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson sang on their compilation. I was like heck ya, that would be awsome to see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for stopping by my sb! your stuff looks good! if i had any crits, i'd say push the values more - might be my monitor, but i'm not seeing many darks. digging the life drawings too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good studying !
    Keep posting !

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wholecar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

23. The Following User Says Thank You to destinyapocalypse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finished work

Hey, this is a digital painting I've been working on for a while. Started out as a drawing inspired by the Johnny Cash and Willie compilation song about a ghost rider on a bull breathing fire. I was like, I gotta paint that, too awsome!! Anyways this is done mostly with painter10 using airbrush for the clouds and digital artists oils oily bristle for the figures and flame. Finished up the details in photoshop. Struggled with the hoves, so I did the Frank Frazetta and added more flame. Hopefully everything is reading well, I know it's pretty dark, let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep drawing - your stuff looks good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, good start. Your life drawing is much stronger than anything from your head but it takes time to learn that. I would suggest that when drawing form your head and when drawing from life you need to make sure you get the whole pose down before going into details and rendering. And make sure to watch your proportions, on a couple of them the head is rather small.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for hitting up my sketchbook! I love your anatomy studies, they look fantastic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The harbinger of death painting looks pretty good. The only suggestion I would have is to maybe play around with the position of thee bull's legs - if the bull is leaping into/through the air, those hind legs would be stretched out behind him. I noticed in one of the earlier sketches that you had the bull walking on thee ground, and both legs on its left side were lifted to step. Four legged animals will almost always step with opposite feet, otherwise they would fall over.

That being said, I like the highlights on the bull and the skeleton's leg quite a bit. I also like the way you painted the light from the flames dissipating into thee clouds in the background.

Got a couple minutes? Help me improve!
    My Sketchbook | Finished Illustrations

Elsewhere on the web:
    Behance | Deviantart | Steammachines | Mcthrill.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anatomy studies

mysoiciallink- thank you

Blythe-I appreciate the honesty, I agree there are some definate weaknesses in my "imagined" stuff, I think some serious sketchbook time is in order.

Drewfarr: thanks man, I always loved anatomy, you know bones and stuff

bmc9987- Yes, those are some good points, you know, I should have got reference of a bull kicking it's legs now that you mention it, the standing bull I had just wasn't helping. Thanks for the comments

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice anatomy studies. I love the confident linework.

And thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, even though that was my old one. I fixed the link in my signature now, never would have known it was still there if you hadn't commented on it. Thanks!

Elsewhere on the web:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

bones and stuff

Just been knd of focusing on anatomy studies lately, I have a really good book called "anatomy for the artist" that I would recommend to anyone. It's much fun to combine different bones and to make interesting shapes, could make for the basis for some monster or something, like the woman's pelvis monster, which by the way is so far my favorite bone, and not just because, you know.

gmc9987: thanks, and no problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work on the bones
    I really like the legs in the last piece
    *goes and draws legs*

What set of pencils are you using?
    Do you have a wide range? always helps when trying to achieve depth and tone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for passing by my SB. i think about a half of what i have posted already is anatomical study, but oh well, maybe it should be more....

i really like your referenced drawings, especially the first and the last post. please post more things like these

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've got that same book, and I've found it to be really helpful. If you're in the market for another book, Peck's "
    Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist" to work really well in conjunction with "anatomy for the artist." Anatomy has thee better reference pictures and anatomical drawings and overlays, while Atlas has a lot more practtical information - proportions of the body, reference points for drawing from imagination, and lots of nice anatomical references. I don't know, I've found that those two books work really well together.

Elsewhere on the web:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your drawings aren't poop. >_< VERY far from it.

I really like your first image with the girl leaning on the wall, the way you penciled it defines her body so well. Very sensual

Keep it up, i'll be looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

The Eternity Wars
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are encouraged to post more work so that I can view it on the next page!

Pelvis study looks like strong work. I have only one critique, one that everyone gets (even me, I constantly remind myself...) is that you've got a lot of fragmented lines... try and think about the line, see it, understand the way it moves in your mind before you put it down on paper, and if it isn't as good as the way you envisioned, just draw it again until it's right!

Good stuff here

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1