Art: fish head'd:UPDATED-July15 pg 3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

fish head'd:UPDATED-July15 pg 3

Hi guys,

this is my first artwork posting here on conceptart.org I've posted on deviant art mostly-but seems there's more pros here than there.
    anyways I'll talk less and post more

critiques welcome always!

description--was my first drawing/painting after opening up my 21wsx cintiq tablet a couple months back---man I love that thing!!!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by kapt; July 15th, 2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: updated:MonJune23/08
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 906 Posts
    haha, I love the contrast head/space suit. Awesome man! Hope to see you start a sketchbook here! only thing that bugs me is *his right hand gripping the gun, thought it looked kinda funny

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Delicious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ya for sure
    there's actually lots that bugs me about it...like one foot is so much bigger than the other...that hand that you mentioned...the entire background...i could go on and on but then i'll just ruin the image entirely hahhaha

i'll start a sketchbook as soon as i scan all those dang things

appreciate the feedback!

Thanks
    Thats pretty cool!!

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stalsby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Frickin' great... I wish the level of detail on the figure was more consistent from head 2 toe but it's a really fun, imaginative and dynamic piece regardless.

Well done!

Wacomitis - fear of an empty bank account.

PORTFOLIO

Thanks
    Wow great. The way his body look compared to his head turned out pretty sweet! Nice stance too.

Thanks
    Thats an awesome peice of work. Love the detail on the head (reminds me of a stonefish) and movement of the suit. Very cool. Very inspiring!

Thanks
    awesome stance and dynamics kapt, your gallery's fun to watch as well

Thanks
    thnx!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stalsby View Post
    Thats pretty cool!!
    ---thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Verithin View Post
    Frickin' great... I wish the level of detail on the figure was more consistent from head 2 toe but it's a really fun, imaginative and dynamic piece regardless. ---That's always kind of bothered me too, but I never actually intended to make this a finished piece. I guess that's a poor excuse afterall, since I posted it anyways, thanks!

Well done!
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Grisham View Post
    Wow great. The way his body look compared to his head turned out pretty sweet! Nice stance too.
    --- well as mentioned above, I do wish I balanced the image out a bit more before posting-maybe one day I'll go back and....nah who am I kidding--mental note for next time thnx btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy_Within View Post
    Thats an awesome peice of work. Love the detail on the head (reminds me of a stonefish) and movement of the suit. Very cool. Very inspiring!
    ---I googled stone fish immediately after reading your comment and found a pic of a red one that looks just like this guy! well sorta-the basic headshape is almost perfect though! blew my mind--I obv. saw this or something similar and had it etched in my memory at some point thnx 4 pointing that out! was interesting for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Andrade View Post
    awesome stance and dynamics kapt, your gallery's fun to watch as well
    ---thanks very much-hope you enjoyed the deviant art site-if that's what you meant

Quote Originally Posted by kapt View Post
    thnx!
    --- whoops...was b4 I figured out how to multi-quote reply hehe

Thanks
    Awesome stuff, It looks like you've put a abyssal fish on a cartoon body.
    I truly love.

Thanks
    really awesome stuff! nice !but only little bit crit is:I think you take too much detail on the head of that creature,so what about the body detail? add some I think it wo be perfect!

living like cartoon ,money like water!

Thanks
    totally awsome, just swung by your deviantart too-really love your characters-they have very cool proportions, your transitions into colour are cool too, bookmarked you over at DA and will be checkin back, rock on

Thanks
    nice amusing concept to start of the day. thats a really good concept, no crit really, especially like the detail on the guys face.

Thanks
    Thats pretty funny although I think the hand thats visible to us might be on backwards.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    That thing is freaky!

Awesome though, good imagination.
    At first i didn't think he was holding a gun, i thought it was his tentacles. But then realised it has a red laser beam coming out. Heh. Don't know why i thought it was tentacles T_T

The Eternity Wars
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey, I am having troubles with my new Cintiq 21 UX, ever since I got it has been scratching hardcore, there are currently scratches all over the surface.
    i only touch 3 things on it:
    the pen (not sharpened by me into a spear or anything)
    a glove (not a spiked biker glove)
    a towel (not made of broken glass)

there are scratches all over, i got 2 damamged pixels, and one pixel sized piece of dirt under the screen. I got pissed today and send em email for an RMA.

please tell me if you got any scratches, or pixel problems in a PM.

great painting, the facial design is really interesting. i feel that the body doesnt live up to it entirely though.

Thanks

Thanks
    Yeah I'm trying to decide whether I'll be getting a Cintiq in the next few months... should I spring for the huge one or stick to the 12 inch? I feel like 12 Inch would be sufficient for me, but I dunno...
    Excellent painting, really. Very interesting, very engaging, though I'd like to see a bit more continuity between the head and the rest of the body in terms of level of detail.
    What are the strongest aspects of the Cintiq? I don't mean what can it do, cuz I've read all about it, but what about it makes it most valuable to YOU?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spookybabydoll View Post
    Awesome stuff, It looks like you've put a abyssal fish on a cartoon body.
    I truly love.
    ---thnx! I've got images of Earthworm Jim, Calvin&Hobbes and those awesome caricatures by sebastian kruger etched in my head, so I guess it just made sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by banhatin View Post
    really awesome stuff! nice !but only little bit crit is:I think you take too much detail on the head of that creature,so what about the body detail? add some I think it wo be perfect!
    ---agreed! truth be told-I probably just ran outta steam
    thnx for lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by daveneale View Post
    totally awsome, just swung by your deviantart too-really love your characters-they have very cool proportions, your transitions into colour are cool too, bookmarked you over at DA and will be checkin back, rock on
    ---awesome! I've started my online posting on DA, and would be more comfortable posting random stuff there-conceptart.org seems like only the best stuff should get posted-but thats just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Re@per View Post
    nice amusing concept to start of the day. thats a really good concept, no crit really, especially like the detail on the guys face.
    ---thanks very much! its obv. where I spent all my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    Thats pretty funny although I think the hand thats visible to us might be on backwards.
    --- hahaha! backwards!? I agree that it looks weird-not sure I can see the backwards aspect you mention-but def. needs to be fixed somehow--when will it be done is the real question...thnx btw!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamstateIvory View Post
    That thing is freaky! ---awe he's cute! haha nah you're right...a freak
    thnx!

Awesome though, good imagination.
    At first i didn't think he was holding a gun, i thought it was his tentacles. But then realised it has a red laser beam coming out. Heh. Don't know why i thought it was tentacles T_T
    ---hmm ya the gun may be too organic to register as a firearm-I have sketches of the gun with tentacles coming out of it, like some kind of extendo-arm tool rather than a gun-which makes your comment interesting lol-as mentioned above I may or may not revisit this one-i'll be sure to post if I do with all crits in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post
    Hey, I am having troubles with my new Cintiq 21 UX, ever since I got it has been scratching hardcore, there are currently scratches all over the surface.
    i only touch 3 things on it:
    the pen (not sharpened by me into a spear or anything)
    a glove (not a spiked biker glove)
    a towel (not made of broken glass)

there are scratches all over, i got 2 damamged pixels, and one pixel sized piece of dirt under the screen. I got pissed today and send em email for an RMA.

please tell me if you got any scratches, or pixel problems in a PM.

great painting, the facial design is really interesting. i feel that the body doesnt live up to it entirely though.
    --- yup a common crit about detail balance can't let anything slip by this forum! I love that! great way to grow--about the cintiq--my only complaint is how hot it gets by the little led at the top--and there is def. a feeling of scratchin with the pen nib from time to time(rarely)-but I just rotate it and/or swap it out--but no excessive scratches on the surface of the screen or dead pixels(as far as i can tell)---hope it was ok to reply right here---if you would like further discussion on it pm me or maybe start a thread somewhere---is there a section that would suit this topic?
    ps thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by FlameDragon View Post
    Well done!
    ---glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Conejo Blanco View Post
    Yeah I'm trying to decide whether I'll be getting a Cintiq in the next few months... should I spring for the huge one or stick to the 12 inch? I feel like 12 Inch would be sufficient for me, but I dunno...
    Excellent painting, really. Very interesting, very engaging, though I'd like to see a bit more continuity between the head and the rest of the body in terms of level of detail.
    What are the strongest aspects of the Cintiq? I don't mean what can it do, cuz I've read all about it, but what about it makes it most valuable to YOU?
    ---well I catch myself getting giddy and actually smiling or even giggling like a child while using mine-I have the widescreen one-considered the medium size---I have 2 friends with the 12wsx --- one likes it and the other misses the bigger size(which he has at work-so he uses both) I have considered getting a laptop and the small cintiq(b4 buying this one) and I think that if I was on the move more it would be an awesome combo---that or the modbook
    to answer your question: I value not having to scan things the MOST...not sure why but I loathe that process hahaha...I like being able to start sketching on the tablet and going straight to tonals or even colouring if I so choose---I LOVE THIS about the cintiq...its like having my sketchbook-AND markers to tone or Paints to colour it! with no mess---ya you can do the same by drawing something with the wacom tablet-i started with that--actually with the old school giant wacom tablet-then graphire-then intuos 3-but always felt some type of disconnect with the work--I love the process of drawing with pen to paper---with my head down and nose right in it...i love that the cintiq rotates like paper on a desk or like an animation disc and I love that I can put a ruler up to it and trace off a line if i wanted to---I love that its a second monitor for me-with my reference or anything I want in the other screen---Also I was very VERY concerned with the worry of lag between the pen and the screen before trying it-but I only notice the VERY slight lag if I'm really lookin' for it. I imagine with a faster processor or more RAM it would be completely eliminated-but like I said-not even a small concern at all after using it
    I feel like I've rambled on-hope it makes sense
    maybe we should start a thread somewhere about the cintiq tablets if one doesnt already exist?
    ps thnx! agreed about the detailing balancing as mentioned above...haha

Last edited by kapt; June 11th, 2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: forgot to answer a question :)

Thanks
    great job! love it

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook

Thanks
    I think the head's great, but think the outfit's a bit too smooth of a contrast. I'd even say you can keep the outfit, as long as you "grunge" it up a bit, put some dirt on it or something.

Jason Martin, Artist

"Check out my Concept-A-Day, and Watch the Gears Go!"
    www.conceptcreature.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Surion View Post
    great job! love it
    ---thanks, happy to see you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by ConceptCreature View Post
    I think the head's great, but think the outfit's a bit too smooth of a contrast. I'd even say you can keep the outfit, as long as you "grunge" it up a bit, put some dirt on it or something.
    ---ya good point-pretty insane neat freak if he can keep that suit so clean out in the dusty environment your point about suit vs head is repeated above so it's pretty safe to say I've gotta do something about it eventually
    thnx for ur input! and for lookin'

Thanks
    His head is awesome!!!!But the rest of the picture loses detail dramatically.
    Anyway,I love it!!

Thanks
    Love the head, really do. Not a fan of the space mole outfit. Just not my thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Camara View Post
    His head is awesome!!!!But the rest of the picture loses detail dramatically.
    Anyway,I love it!!
    ---I think someones gotta fix that! hehe thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Duman View Post
    Love the head, really do. Not a fan of the space mole outfit. Just not my thing.
    ---glad you like what i like about the pic too! ahhaha ya i know i know ...the body..fix the body...read above for numerous similar comments to see why i'm replying like this lol
    thnx vry much though!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 291 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el coro View Post
    thats really awesome....-c36
    ---WOW- I JUST posted how much I loved your post and decided to click mine b4 signing out hahhaa weird timing
    especially after listening to an interesting podcast about psychics lol...strange

thnx for lookin'!!

Thanks
    really cool. reminds me of Earthworm Jim

Thanks
    wow, i really like this one, awezome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.