Queries on Life Drawing

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Queries on Life Drawing

G'day,

Just curious as to anyone who's ran life drawing classes before (both tutored and untutored), and any difficulties you've run into such as with contacting people to pose for sessions or managing costs to numbers showing up. My only experience was attending untutored life drawing classes for a few weeks last year, and 1 week just recently with a tutor, so I can't say I've got a lot of experience in managing any classes, I've wanted to get a class going here in NZ/Warkworth area since I first came here because the nearest one is all the way in Auckland, and the campus here is animation/art oriented as well, with a suitable room to have life drawing in, yet they haven't been able to start a class for some or other reason.

What experiences have you had as a tutor or organizer for life drawing? or if you're currently attending one as a student, what would you prefer to have in your classes? (aside from the obvious ).

Cheers.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We referred to them as "Life-drawing Co-ops" when we had the people it was pretty fun . . . students, professors and any one interested in drawing the human figure from the local comunitty would attend . . . Everybody had to kick in about $25.00 to draw for the semester and it was once a week maybe for about 4 hours or so. On the "ideal" semesters when the co-ops worked, it was great. Students who needed to subsidize there portfolios for Life drawing classes could go and do the make-up work.

The big problems that we had with the co-op was sustaining enough people to pay the models . . . when we could find the models. Being that it was a class in the middle of Mississippi we always ran into problems finding models. I'm going to try to be a part of it again next semester but again, I doubt it will make.

so I guess it's kind of a universal problem to get these things going . . . I'm actually curious if anybody has been able to sustain something like this for more than a semester at a time?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats what I was worried about, if we could find models as well, here in Warkworth its considered a 'remote' area, and not many people live here compared to most other areas :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, worst case scenerio you could find a strip club and do what old Edward Hopper did and draw there . . . I had a professor do similar stuff back in the day when he had to resort to finding figures . . . plus, I think he liked strippers but he got really good at figures.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.