Corel Painter X Brushes Tips and Tricks
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Corel Painter X Brushes Tips and Tricks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Corel Painter X Brushes Tips and Tricks

Hey people

I was just wondering what kind of brushes do you use to get the job done, not necesary a certain brush for let's say a sci-fi scene, but something along the line brush x gives a nice glowing effect, brush y gives adds a cool perspective. I work in CorelDRAW X4 as a day job, and although I vectorize the importance of a brush for the right job is tremendous! Any tips and tricks to share?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my usual array of brushes includes pencils for sketching up stuff, pastels for quickly filling in what i'm coloring, mostly the airbrush and lasso tool for massing/shading out my shapes and forms and cleaning up edges, patten pens for adding noise/texture, F-X glow tool for adding lights, glows, and sometimes as a blender to eliminate visible strokes. I use a couple of blenders for different purposes, and i like the felt tip art marker for going in and adding fine hard lines. Alot of the others like the oils and real bristle brushes are just too laggy on my computer for me to have the patience to use them, so my brush palette consists of those that are easier on my processor.

"Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After seeing the Intro to Painter dvd from Ryan Church (@ Workshop) the brush I've gotten hooked on using (if you have a tablet to easily change the size/opacity) is the scratchboard tool. Really versatile hard brush to get stuff down with different sizes then if needed use the 2nd favorite 'just add water' blender that does a great job with many of the digital mediums of painter to get rid of any hard edge.

--
    "That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode
    http://fox01313.deviantart.com/

Members who have read this thread: 1