Art: KidSamurai_Concept
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: KidSamurai_Concept

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation KidSamurai_Concept

Hey guys! I just picked this site up today so i rly don't know if I'm doing this the right way so please don't kill meh XD

Well yea I'm hoping to become a great concept artist someday. Yea you know the deal, work on a few big games, like halo or re4. But I don't know which direction i have to go to get there. I'm still in high school so i don't have much time left. So I'm looking for some serious help.

Here is a picture i drew using Photoshop CS3. I used some references on the samurai armor, I don't know if thats considering cheating, but please tell me if it is. This picture took me a total of about 5 hours, cutting out breaks, and school and wut not. I know its slow compared to a professional but someday ill be faster.

Please give me some professional advise, and let me know how from my goal i am (being a professional concept artist). Don't worry i can face the truth XP

Thanks Alot for anyone who helps!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    smaller if you please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Doompainter View Post
    smaller if you please
    sorry about that. do you know of a way to change it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "I used some references on the samurai armor, I don't know if thats considering cheating, but please tell me if it is"

if you wanted to draw a samurai, how else would you make sure it was right, and therefore recognisable as a samurai

anyone who says they dont use references is lying. in some way everyone does it, whether its research or just using something from memory. in my opinion original ideas are just something thats been assembled in a different way. anytime an artist wants to convey a feeling or concept it will draw on something recognisable that exists in the world already.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pocko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pocko View Post
    "I used some references on the samurai armor, I don't know if thats considering cheating, but please tell me if it is"

if you wanted to draw a samurai, how else would you make sure it was right, and therefore recognisable as a samurai

anyone who says they dont use references is lying. in some way everyone does it, whether its research or just using something from memory. in my opinion original ideas are just something thats been assembled in a different way. anytime an artist wants to convey a feeling or concept it will draw on something recognisable that exists in the world already.
    lol thanks a lot! I've actually had quite a few people say referencing is cheating and all that nonsense. but if you really think about it, there artwork has to be referenced from something because you wouldn't even know what a person would look like if you didn't see one.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.